Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 464372 times)

easymoneysniper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #5160 on: September 02, 2023, 12:21:07 PM »
Brighton is a very likable team.   I hope they maintain their ambition stay contending for the top half of the top half of the table
ansu fati signed with them as well. they're always doing good business. chelsea gearing up a $200M bid for evan ferguson as we speak...

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #5161 on: September 02, 2023, 03:22:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Brighton is a very likable team.   I hope they maintain their ambition stay contending for the top half of the top half of the table
[close]
ansu fati signed with them as well. they're always doing good business. chelsea gearing up a $200M bid for evan ferguson as we speak...

Well maybe it’ll be the first Brighton thing they buy that works out for them

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #5162 on: September 03, 2023, 04:41:45 AM »
Aye Brighton are brilliant. I hope they do well in the Europa League. I'd love to go see the Vs Palace one day.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5163 on: September 03, 2023, 10:58:57 AM »
Pretty chuffed Newcastle, Chelsea, and Man U already have 2 losses.  Obviously some have had tougher schedules than others

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5164 on: September 03, 2023, 11:05:37 AM »
That offside call was pretty ridiculous. The call should be made based on where your feet are when the ball is played, not where your fucking outstretched hand is.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5165 on: September 03, 2023, 01:18:29 PM »
Sergio Ramos back at Sevilla.   Love moves like this even if I’ve grown to hate the player

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #5166 on: September 03, 2023, 08:13:07 PM »
That offside call was pretty ridiculous. The call should be made based on where your feet are when the ball is played, not where your fucking outstretched hand is.

love the tears, hilarious Utd fans complain of referees
COYG

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5167 on: September 03, 2023, 08:40:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

COYG

Oh the years the rest of us suffered under Fergie Time and his sway over refs

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #5168 on: September 04, 2023, 03:15:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

COYG
[close]

This is what fergie time felt like all those years ago :/

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5169 on: September 04, 2023, 03:30:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

COYG
[close]

[close]

This is what fergie time felt like all those years ago :/

It’s not funny but it’s ______ that the day Man U gets rid of Greenwood, Anthony gets in trouble for allegedly being a piece of shit to a woman

easymoneysniper

« Reply #5170 on: September 04, 2023, 03:39:40 PM »
saw Messi last night. mans walked right by me and I swear we made eye contact. also saw david beckham which was sick. two legends of the game

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #5171 on: September 05, 2023, 05:24:53 AM »
saw Messi last night. mans walked right by me and I swear we made eye contact. also saw david beckham which was sick. two legends of the game

Where was this?
Must be nice for that guy to walk around atleast semi-incognito in Miami.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5172 on: September 05, 2023, 07:01:51 AM »
You think Luis Rubiales would just resign lol, it keeps getting bigger and bigger.
Pretty fucked also about Anthony, looks like a woman beater, considering the national team dropped him I'm sure he's done in the Premier League.
International break, France vs Ireland should be fun, thou most folk are fully fixed on the rugby here at the mo.

excitableboy

• Rep: 92
« Reply #5173 on: September 05, 2023, 07:42:09 AM »

It's not though. Only body parts with which you may score can be offside, hence the lines were drawn at the shoulders in this case. It was close though, Man U was unlucky on that one.

Sergio Ramos back at Sevilla.   Love moves like this even if I’ve grown to hate the player
Read somewhere that he rejected a 20m a year Saudi deal for 1m at Sevilla. May well be a bogus rumor I don't know.

easymoneysniper

« Reply #5174 on: September 05, 2023, 08:08:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Where was this?
saw them at the LAFC v. Inter Miami match. i work for LAFC so i was able to be backstage and right by the visiting locker room as the team walked out. was a pretty surreal experience. Selena Gomez walked by me as well which was dope. bummed I didn't run into Leo Dicaprio at any point. would've been so sick

ThatIsNotCricket

« Reply #5175 on: September 05, 2023, 01:53:16 PM »

I second that.

I was looking forward to watch Evan Ferguson when we play Ireland this sunday, but it looks like I'm out of luck. Still, should be an interesting one, regardless even of what happens on thursday vs Greece. I'm holding my breath.

ThatIsNotCricket

« Reply #5176 on: September 05, 2023, 02:04:16 PM »
Weird Old Firm match last sunday, with the VAR, the absence of away support, the whole run of play. I still have to warm to post-Ange Rodgers, but very happy with the result either way. The silence after Kyogo's goal was just golden.

nonickname

• Rep: 85
« Reply #5177 on: September 05, 2023, 02:28:18 PM »
Weird Old Firm match last sunday, with the VAR, the absence of away support, the whole run of play. I still have to warm to post-Ange Rodgers, but very happy with the result either way. The silence after Kyogo's goal was just golden.

The away fan business between Celtic and Rangers is so damn ridiculous - I get that other SPL squads get around 800...but previously for these games it was @ 8000. Then since fuckwads coudnt stop attacking each other it got dropped. Oh well take your money to Firhill and buy some Kingsley swag!
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5178 on: September 06, 2023, 12:20:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The away fan business between Celtic and Rangers is so damn ridiculous - I get that other SPL squads get around 800...but previously for these games it was @ 8000. Then since fuckwads coudnt stop attacking each other it got dropped. Oh well take your money to Firhill and buy some Kingsley swag!

Wasn't even on telly here in France, always used to be and a few pubs would even open early for them.

whale

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5179 on: September 06, 2023, 01:31:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Where was this?
[close]
saw them at the LAFC v. Inter Miami match. i work for LAFC so i was able to be backstage and right by the visiting locker room as the team walked out. was a pretty surreal experience. Selena Gomez walked by me as well which was dope. bummed I didn't run into Leo Dicaprio at any point. would've been so sick

Of course it was a match, dunno why I assumed it was just a random encounter on the streets.

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #5180 on: September 06, 2023, 04:00:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ive got the green ticket specs on but its well documented it was rangers dropped the allocation to 800 thinking it would give them a competitive edge. Theyd pull the whole league back into the grave with them if they could

nonickname

• Rep: 85
« Reply #5181 on: September 07, 2023, 05:07:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Ive got the green ticket specs on but its well documented it was rangers dropped the allocation to 800 thinking it would give them a competitive edge. Theyd pull the whole league back into the grave with them if they could

For a team that's only been around 13 years or so they sure do hold a lot of sway in the league.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

easymoneysniper

« Reply #5182 on: September 17, 2023, 02:48:34 PM »
chelsea is embarrassing

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5183 on: September 17, 2023, 04:26:02 PM »
Not as embarrassed as I feel being a Man. United fan lately (last 10 years or so).

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5184 on: September 19, 2023, 10:51:06 AM »
Not as embarrassed as I feel being a Man. United fan lately (last 10 years or so).
Good luck tomorrow...

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5185 on: September 20, 2023, 09:58:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Good luck tomorrow...

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5186 on: September 20, 2023, 04:43:00 PM »
That show Welcome to Wrexham just did a pretty beautiful ep about how one of their autistic fans has reached out and made a connection to their star player’s family after his 1 y/o was diagnosed with autism as well

easymoneysniper

« Reply #5187 on: September 20, 2023, 05:21:51 PM »
That show Welcome to Wrexham just did a pretty beautiful ep about how one of their autistic fans has reached out and made a connection to their star player’s family after his 1 y/o was diagnosed with autism as well
is the show worth checking out? it's on hbo max right? or hulu?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5188 on: September 20, 2023, 05:35:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
is the show worth checking out? it's on hbo max right? or hulu?

Hulu/FX.   It’s enjoyable.   Not the best thing in the world but it’s a good mix of the team, , the club, the supporters, and just enough of the owners

whale

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5189 on: September 20, 2023, 10:04:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Good luck tomorrow...
[close]

Wasn’t that bad after all. Entertaining match.