Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 464346 times)

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #5250 on: November 09, 2023, 06:52:31 AM »
Expand Quote
It is so frustrating to be a fan of them right now. Regardless of whether Rashford should have gotten straight red or not, you can't just completely shut down as a team if someone gets sent off. And the softest of soft penalties doesn't get reviewed...
[close]

Does Ten Hag have fan support still?

I back him 100%.

Owen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #5251 on: November 09, 2023, 05:31:29 PM »
I actually thought Man Utd played pretty well in the Copenhagen match despite the difficult circumstances. I would much rather watch* them try and lose than some of their other matches this year where they have played like dogshit all match but still some how gotten away with a lucky 1-0 win. 

*I don't go for Man Utd but my partner does so I end up watching all of their games
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5252 on: November 12, 2023, 12:12:36 PM »
Expand Quote
It is so frustrating to be a fan of them right now. Regardless of whether Rashford should have gotten straight red or not, you can't just completely shut down as a team if someone gets sent off. And the softest of soft penalties doesn't get reviewed...
[close]

Does Ten Hag have fan support still?

I feel like it's 50/50 or so. I think we're definitely tired of the constant manager shuffle, but it's still rough watching him play Evans over Varane every week, or letting Rashford continue in his current form.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #5253 on: November 12, 2023, 12:34:09 PM »
Chelsea playing the spoiler this season, though I have PTSD of being in 2nd, one point behind Man City

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 41
« Reply #5254 on: November 12, 2023, 12:41:36 PM »
chelsea city was an absolute barn burner. Cold Palmer, baby!

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #5255 on: November 13, 2023, 04:32:38 AM »
Happy for Raheem if he gets his career going again and it looks like Palmers gamble of going to Chelsea paid off.
Bummed I missed the game.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5256 on: November 13, 2023, 05:23:22 AM »
Gutted I missed chelsea/city..just watched the highlights could be game of the season..why didn't City use/keep Palmer?!

whale

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5257 on: November 13, 2023, 07:02:00 AM »
Gutted I missed chelsea/city..just watched the highlights could be game of the season..why didn't City use/keep Palmer?!

Can’t say for certain but it’s said he wanted to leave for quaranteed first team football.

nonickname

• Rep: 85
« Reply #5258 on: November 14, 2023, 01:32:34 PM »
Anyone seeing their respective (or other) National team over the break? I'm seeing Canada vs Jamaica in Toronto, but have a feeling that the attacking prowess of Antonio from WHU, Demari Gray and Leon Bailey will be a handful. Guessing Davies and Buchanan will be fulbacks to counter (as usually Alphonso plays mid for Canada).
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

Owen

• SLAP Pal
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #5259 on: November 15, 2023, 08:49:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Can’t say for certain but it’s said he wanted to leave for quaranteed first team football.

Yeah I read that he asked Pep for some kind of assurance that he would be getting regular play time and he basically said no deal so he to Chelsea.

Chelsea are actually starting to look good and I really enjoyed watching them playing both Tottenham and City. They seem to always be playing difficult teams so I wonder if that has kind of really challenged them to get better
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

whale

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5260 on: November 15, 2023, 10:57:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah I read that he asked Pep for some kind of assurance that he would be getting regular play time and he basically said no deal so he to Chelsea.

Chelsea are actually starting to look good and I really enjoyed watching them playing both Tottenham and City. They seem to always be playing difficult teams so I wonder if that has kind of really challenged them to get better

There is quote floating around our supporters (again, me and two mates) that Pep wanted him to stay, promised a fighting chance for more playing time since Mahrez left, but it was Palmer who decided to leave.

Chelsea are a lot better against team who give them space to run into but have struggled against teams with a low block. Next 3 matches are against Newcastle, Brighton and ManU, should be interesting.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5261 on: November 17, 2023, 04:46:31 AM »
Everton just got docked 10 points....I wouldn't want to be a Chelsea or City fan at the moment..

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5262 on: November 17, 2023, 05:12:32 AM »
Everton just got docked 10 points....I wouldn't want to be a Chelsea or City fan at the moment..

I think Chelsea is unfortunately fine because they made some sweet love to some loopholes - but Man City and their nearly half a billion pound wage bill should def get a Juve level hammering…

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5263 on: November 17, 2023, 05:22:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think Chelsea is unfortunately fine because they made some sweet love to some loopholes - but Man City and their nearly half a billion pound wage bill should def get a Juve level hammering…

Juventus was 10 points and a 720,000 (or something0 euro fine plus a one year ban on europe...

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5264 on: November 17, 2023, 05:28:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Juventus was 10 points and a 720,000 (or something0 euro fine plus a one year ban on europe...

Oh sorry I meant the 2006 punishment.  Calciogate or whatever it was called where they send to the lower league and stripped of some scuderis

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5265 on: November 17, 2023, 05:46:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Oh sorry I meant the 2006 punishment.  Calciogate or whatever it was called where they send to the lower league and stripped of some scuderis

Sorry, I forgot all about that!!! I was living in NZ back then and basically off line, no telly etc for many years.

whale

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5266 on: November 17, 2023, 06:19:46 AM »
It’s not like we haven’t been to the lower leagues before.

They can take away the titles, but they can’t take away the memories.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5267 on: November 19, 2023, 07:11:23 AM »
I was pretty impressed that France won 14-0 untill I saw this:

Ten goals in one match insane. Kid has a bright future.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5268 on: November 19, 2023, 07:25:29 AM »
I was pretty impressed that France won 14-0 untill I saw this:

Ten goals in one match insane. Kid has a bright future.

Wow.   A little surprised the manager left him in long enough to get that many.    That’s an accomplishment that doesn’t even have a name hah

nonickname

• Rep: 85
« Reply #5269 on: November 22, 2023, 10:44:01 AM »
Anyone seeing their respective (or other) National team over the break? I'm seeing Canada vs Jamaica in Toronto, but have a feeling that the attacking prowess of Antonio from WHU, Demari Gray and Leon Bailey will be a handful. Guessing Davies and Buchanan will be fulbacks to counter (as usually Alphonso plays mid for Canada).

Well we shit the bed, up 1-0 at half on a frigid, rainy night...and let Jamaica score 3 in the 2nd half to eke it on away goals....which I didn't even know were still used in this competition. All we needed was a tie at home vs Jamaica who were without Antonio, but our coach, unlike everyone else in the stadium couldn't see we needed some steel in the mid in the 2nd half and brought on Osorio and Hoilett who have been dreadful in MLS this season. Just a shitshow. We had about 12 minutes to score at the end...and kept playing back to our CB Miller. It was shocking. Concacaf reffing showed its ugly head again with one or two of the big calls - but they let it happen with not getting insurance goals early on when they spurned about 3 clear cut chances. My hangover today was 10 times worse due to this debacle. Yay sports.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #5270 on: January 04, 2024, 08:38:16 AM »
alright transfer window open along with the PL table coming a pretty close race, how's everyone feeling mid season?

spurs, we're out Son and Sarr for the month, VDV is back but I feel like we're gonna be losin Hojberg and along with Cuti being out we desperately need another CB and a midfielder. I was liking Son in the striker position, seemed like he was struggling a bit in the last couple games.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5271 on: January 04, 2024, 09:32:25 AM »
Not thrilled about Afcon starting…

whale

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5272 on: January 14, 2024, 03:27:57 AM »
Ooooh Kevin De Bruyne

Owen

• SLAP Pal
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #5273 on: January 14, 2024, 03:34:28 AM »
Ooooh Kevin De Bruyne

As a Liverpool supporter, I feel like our chances of winning the Premier League just reduced substantially.

I feel sorry for Newcastle. I was really rooting for them to win but I knew Man City would. I know Newcastle have had lots of injury troubles this year but it seems that they really struggle to hold onto matches and dwindle in intensity from 75 min onwards which ultimately lets them down.
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5274 on: January 14, 2024, 04:28:59 AM »
Did a massive shuffle on my fantasy team, not sure it will pay off. No clue how I forgot that Kevin De Bruyne is back fit..

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5275 on: January 14, 2024, 07:31:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Ooooh Kevin De Bruyne
[close]

As a Liverpool supporter, I feel like our chances of winning the Premier League just reduced substantially.

I feel sorry for Newcastle. I was really rooting for them to win but I knew Man City would. I know Newcastle have had lots of injury troubles this year but it seems that they really struggle to hold onto matches and dwindle in intensity from 75 min onwards which ultimately lets them down.

Hah agreed, though at least for once we’re the ones who have to screw up rather than waiting in vain for city to screw up.   

whale

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5276 on: January 14, 2024, 01:05:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ooooh Kevin De Bruyne
[close]

[close]

Hah agreed, though at least for once we’re the ones who have to screw up rather than waiting in vain for city to screw up.

I don’t know guys, everybody talks about Citys late season winning streak being inevitable but I have my doubts this year.
Sure, they are trained to reach their peak in the spring but the defence is very shaky and can’t seem to keep a clean sheet. Of course there are lots of options but Pep hasn’t found the right balance yet, and it’s all just one injury to Rodri away from going down the drain.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5277 on: January 14, 2024, 02:56:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ooooh Kevin De Bruyne
[close]

[close]

[close]

I don’t know guys, everybody talks about Citys late season winning streak being inevitable but I have my doubts this year.
Sure, they are trained to reach their peak in the spring but the defence is very shaky and can’t seem to keep a clean sheet. Of course there are lots of options but Pep hasn’t found the right balance yet, and it’s all just one injury to Rodri away from going down the drain.

I’m banking on a hangover from competing for a treble just like Liverpool struggled after going for 4

whale

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5278 on: January 15, 2024, 12:28:08 AM »
^ I’m banking on 4 in a row being enough of a motivator. We’ll see in may.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5279 on: January 15, 2024, 03:14:49 AM »
^ I’m banking on 4 in a row being enough of a motivator. We’ll see in may.

I just want the Europa mostly to redeem that first trophy loss for Klopp.   Figure anything else as a bonus