Author Topic: What to do when injured???  (Read 8215 times)

ChrisLambe94

Re: What to do when injured???
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2018, 04:36:56 PM »
Yoga.

Mobkickflipper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
  • is this real or is this really real ?
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2018, 04:57:14 PM »
Recent minor injury has set me back to where skateboarding is uncomfortable and painful.  I know many of you have had more serious/long term injuries that have prevented skating for months on end, and for someone where skateboarding took up a lot of my time (besides work/school/etc), how did you stay sane? Besides minor rehab, what are some good ideas to constructively waste time?  BTW, it is tendonitis of the knee cap, any tips for healing??? Thnx slap fam.
Try to hang out with your friends as much as you can, staying home is just depressing when you're injured and can't skate.
If you have a camera and you still can push a little without feeling pain just go film your homies, in case you can't just take pictures, anyway stay involved with them.
Unfortunately with tendonitis there's not much that you can do besides resting, but and "active resting" is still better than staying all day on the couch watching videos or playing videogames.

P.S.: sorry, just seen that it's an old thread, hopefully you're back fully skateboarding again.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2018, 06:06:37 PM »
I'm checking out a modern dance performance, suriprisingly good. Its intermission and i dropped my phone and felt super decrepit trying to get it with my newish acl. Whoever said driving your partner crazy, yeah, ive been there lately

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2018, 06:08:27 PM »
I just came off a minor injury (2 weeks off the board) & as much as I said to myself I wouldn't fall into the same old rut of smoking way too much weed, surfing Slap compulsively and playing Skate 3 all day, I must confess that was exactly what happened. Again.

Sounds like me too. Again

greencurbs

• Rep: -4
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2018, 06:22:58 PM »
Do yall watch skate videos when you’re injured? I wanna watch GX1000 but it might just make me mad

Broken foot here. Definitely watch GX1000. I will watch this video on repeat for the next 5 weeks to pass the time

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2018, 06:55:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Do yall watch skate videos when you’re injured? I wanna watch GX1000 but it might just make me mad
[close]

Broken foot here. Definitely watch GX1000. I will watch this video on repeat for the next 5 weeks to pass the time

Watched it. Amazing but didn’t have the effect of making me want to skate because I would never try any of that shit lol. So I’m good

• Rep: -13
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2018, 07:36:01 PM »
Skate anyways pussy

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2018, 08:17:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Watched it. Amazing but didn’t have the effect of making me want to skate because I would never try any of that shit lol. So I’m good
I still watch videos while hurt, it motivates me to do more physiotherapy/rehab.

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2018, 09:28:02 PM »
BTW, it is tendonitis of the knee cap, any tips for healing??? Thnx slap fam.

I had severe tendonitis in my right patella tendon for over a year from skating too much. Made skating practically impossible.

For me the key to get healthy was to strengthen the thigh muscles around my knee. This basically makes all the strain shift to the muscles, away from the tendon.

By far the best exercise is to do bulgarian squats (check youtube) with heavy dumbells in your hands. Lean forward so that you feel all the pressure on the quad muscles by your knee, not on your hamstrings and ass. You want to get the tip of the quad muscle super strong, as this will make the inflamation of the tendon go away.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 09:47:37 PM by corto »

no life

• Rep: -31
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2018, 12:18:16 AM »
die

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2018, 10:06:20 AM »
If you’re really into music, try learning a new instrument. Do some cool DIY projects. I make instruments and cigar box amps, among other things when I’m injured. You could also learn about filming and film your friends, that way you’re still part of the session. Make a DIY spot. Just learn a new skill or work on whatever you’re passionate about. If I don’t have multiple projects going at the same time I start losing my mind.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2019, 09:12:50 AM »
Day 82: I’ve entered the phase where I’m getting delusional about my abilities on a skateboard and am planning out all the amazing tricks I’m gonna film when I’m back. Can’t wait til reality slaps me if the face and I can’t kickflip. 

Doc appointment where I could potentially get the ok to skate in 2 weeks. It’s been a mild winter so far, only snowed once and not too cold. I’m pretty convinced that if the doc gives me the ok to skate I’ll high five him, walk out of the office, go setup a new board and then the city will get buried in snow until March.

I shouldn’t complain though at least I got hurt for the winter not summer

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2019, 09:58:51 AM »
Drink lots of alcohol and avoid water. Water is know to slow down the healing process.
Get fatter.
lay around the house and jerk off all day

These have been going really well for me btw thanks for the tips guys

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2019, 10:26:09 AM »
Live
Laugh
Love

Dusty Hotman

• Rep: 7
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2019, 10:31:05 AM »
Go check out, fix up, or build some spots to skate. That way once you're rolling again you'll have some new options.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2019, 10:57:00 AM »
Film your homies while you're hurted !

MC3

• Rep: 129
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2019, 02:32:11 PM »
Trying to cook and trying to learn guitar are my go to downtime/injury things to do

Besides being productive
(Cool Trick GIF)

notcool

« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2019, 05:31:28 PM »
I'm not injured thank God but the weather has been crazy here so I've been cooped up pretty much the same as being injured.   I dunno what to say. I have a gym membership that helps.

Backheels

• Rep: -160
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2019, 05:46:53 PM »
Guitar, videogames, more hours at work. Physical therapy or gym if you can

PC Principal

« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2019, 07:12:51 PM »
Bro hit up your local zumiez and get some ass.

Brguy

« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2019, 12:57:36 AM »
Jerk off, cry and violently stretch everything you hurt until it doesn't hurt anymore.

shingles

• Rep: -61
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2019, 01:17:38 AM »
Set up a GoFundMe
support your local ramp-tramp