Author Topic: A World Without CEOs  (Read 85691 times)

MAGIK INC GROUPIE

Re: A World Without CEOs
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2007, 12:38:32 PM »
Yeah, and it's great for the simple fact that we'll see thru the bs, but in the end it's not accomplishing anything really substantial.  You usually have  a problem and then a solution.

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2007, 12:40:07 PM »
I agree but the problem here is the IASC trying to make people feel guilty for buying shop boards and blanks while the industry is at an all time high, right?

MAGIK INC GROUPIE

« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2007, 12:42:54 PM »
I agree but the problem here is the IASC trying to make people feel guilty for buying shop boards and blanks while the industry is at an all time high, right?

I can't really dissagree... DOH!

isaac

« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2007, 12:47:23 PM »
If the IASC wants to stop people from buying blanks they need to present an option for the kids. Price point boards from companies aren't as cheap as blanks, so the companies should try and make them close to that price, within a couple of bucks.

Or do what Real did back in the day, do a small graphic on the board and leave the rest black, thereby cutting down on the production costs even more. Even a one color silkscreen would be cost effective, i think.

MAGIK INC GROUPIE

« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2007, 12:48:52 PM »
that's what I'm thinking. It's logical.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2007, 12:50:33 PM »
^^^^ ive always personally liked a one color screened board more. remember the old muska one that had his name in white on a black board. i loved that shit when i was younger. plus its a solid background for some great drawings.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2007, 12:55:35 PM »
Update: I've just uploaded some email corresponence I had with Dwindle. I made it into a Word document:
http://www.aworldwithoutceos.com/dwindle.doc

Sanch: as far as solutions go, I'd love to brainstorm something, but right now I'm fielding more emails than I've ever seen in my life.

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2007, 12:59:19 PM »
Or do what Real did back in the day, do a small graphic on the board and leave the rest black, thereby cutting down on the production costs even more. Even a one color silkscreen would be cost effective, i think.

This is full price.  $54.99 with grip.

otis b driftwood

« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2007, 01:06:50 PM »
he's still doing doubles routines with his wife apparently.
per- blitz
pierre andre-sole tech
reggie barnes-south shore
rodney- dwindle
rocco-dwindle
 whats kevin harris up to?

don brown - sole technology

MAGIK INC GROUPIE

« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2007, 01:08:17 PM »
Update: I've just uploaded some email corresponence I had with Dwindle. I made it into a Word document:

Sanch: as far as solutions go, I'd love to brainstorm something, but right now I'm fielding more emails than I've ever seen in my life.

lol!!!!

Good shit!

otis b driftwood

« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2007, 01:10:22 PM »

you should ask that guy about speed demons blanks.

SOFT 7

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2007, 01:18:33 PM »
what's the point? I think it said 94.

The more i read about this iasc crap the more I don't like them. Not sure if this Iasc  is backed by those same guys who basically tried to control skating then.

I just think its funny that almost the same arguments were being presented by industry heads 14 years ago. FOURTEEN YEARS AGO.

JSOY is right... 'A world without messageboards'

sk8fanatic

• Rep: 0
« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2007, 01:21:45 PM »
I read the entire report and I dont remember anywhere reading to 'not support' shop decks. I believe it is only refering to 'blank' decks.

I think these CEOs are bullshit for the most part, if your company is struggling then maybe you need to get a better team, better product, and better pricing. We have huge sucess at our shop with Girl/Choco/habitat/AWS. I am fuckin hyped to know neither of those companies is part of this conspiracy. Our deck wall is 80%skate co./20% shops decks, and we have never carried blank decks.

My 2 cents
so to any haters fuck you...to those who recognize real wooden toy banter...now you know

otis b driftwood

« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2007, 01:24:44 PM »
I read the entire report and I dont remember anywhere reading to 'not support' shop decks. I believe it is only refering to 'blank' decks.

I think these CEOs are bullshit for the most part, if your company is struggling then maybe you need to get a better team, better product, and better pricing. We have huge sucess at our shop with Girl/Choco/habitat/AWS. I am fuckin hyped to know neither of those companies is part of this conspiracy. Our deck wall is 80%skate co./20% shops decks, and we have never carried blank decks.

My 2 cents

dna is part of this shit though. and most blanks are way better quality than crailtap boards.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2007, 01:26:33 PM »

My 2 cents
You have to look beyond the report and read other IASC statements concerning boards (that include stated opinions on shop decks):
http://www.twsbiz.com/twbiz/features/article/0,21214,1559572,00.html

fahque

• Rep: 3
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2007, 01:27:32 PM »
and blanks have never even entered here either. at least our shop decks are made by a legitimate woodshop and not by some guy cashing in on " the whole skateboard thing"...... skateboard shops are the new scapegoat.

otis b driftwood

« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2007, 01:31:29 PM »
and blanks have never even entered here either. at least our shop decks are made by a legitimate woodshop and not by some guy cashing in on " the whole skateboard thing"...... skateboard shops are the new scapegoat.

all you guys realise that a skateboard is blank before the graphic is screened right?
there are good and shitty blanks just the same as there are good and shitty pro boards and good and shitty shop boards.
if anyone is concerned that me buying blanks is "taking money out of skating" then the solution is to make fucking blanks because i'm not paying for a pretty picture or some shitbags name anymore.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2007, 01:34:39 PM »
our shop carries the good brands like girl habitat city blah blah. no dwindle products at all, no boards, no globes, none of that garbage. we also carry blanks for the kids that are broke or the kids who have a harder life and dont have parents who can drop $90 canadian ever time the kid lands funny trying to learn varial flips and breaks a board. i dont give a shit whos pocket the money comes out of, its about the skateboarders and the most important ones arent me you or the pros, its that little kid whos only real enjoyment in life is skating. he could have a great life and love skating, but he could also have the most terrible life at home, live in a ghetto, have his friends hooked on smack, and his only way out of that world everyday is to go flatground. you think someone in that situation can afford to spend that fucking much on a board? "wont someone please think of the children"

any members and any pros reading this right now, fuck you.

Sincerely, The little guy.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

MAGIK INC GROUPIE

« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2007, 01:47:19 PM »
atta boy Guile, fuck you too!

That's true though. Skating is much bigger than you, I , and the Iasc. If we wanted to get controlled we probably wouldn't have skated.

cliff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
    • Sml. Wheels avatar image
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2007, 01:49:37 PM »
Thanks dude my phone juct got cut off.

just kidding, but it is really cut off.

otis b driftwood

« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2007, 01:55:05 PM »
don't your parents own a skate shop?

have you ever paid for a board?

Maple Syrup

• Rep: -16
  • rhymenoceros
« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2007, 01:56:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

all you guys realise that a skateboard is blank before the graphic is screened right?
there are good and shitty blanks just the same as there are good and shitty pro boards and good and shitty shop boards.
if anyone is concerned that me buying blanks is "taking money out of skating" then the solution is to make fucking blanks because i'm not paying for a pretty picture or some shitbags name anymore.

but making blanks would make the skate companies lose money. do you really think it costs 20$ to put paint on a board?  im happy the blank decks are around, theyre pretty much all i skate now.  once again, its your own money until you spend it, no one elses, so fuck anyone who thinks theyre entitled to it.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2007, 02:00:54 PM »
I don't know what Reggie Barnes has to complain about, being from Wilmington where Eastern Skate Supply is based I have seen his custom motorcycles and heard rumors of a personal plane and private island.

theroyaltrout

• Rep: 2
« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2007, 02:05:39 PM »
I find it ironic that while they are bitching about blank boards andrew reynolds just released this as his pro model

isaac

« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2007, 02:10:18 PM »
if they charged less than standard for that board then they would have the higher ground and could legitimatly bitch about how the blank board companies are taking away sales.

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2007, 02:38:34 PM »
Thanks Jayme, I really appreciate it. I respect your opinion about JT, I'm just throwing mine out there, you know? At least from an outsider's perspective, or even better, from this outsider's perspective.

Thanks again man. Do me a favor and punch "Middle School" in the arm for me... tell him to come back and see us over here.

thanks for this site again neal! i love to hear everyones opnion and i definetly agree with every single drop of hate targeted towards dwindle (no offense to james or any of there riders) that dwindle ad seems like there trying to rekindle some of there avant gaurd ,witty advertising from the 90's, the only problem is that they seem to have non creative shmucks holding there cards now. rocco was at least edgy and creative. i hope that enjoi, blind and almost dont take team losses over this campaign, they have alot of great skateboaders and kind people working for them. as far as globe goes? this picture somes it up.

http://getcreepy.com/news/dates/7_19_06/jayme_globe.jpg (edit: no offense to appleyard or any of there riders)

i will definetly kick middleschool in the balls and get him to drive my ass out there this summer!

rodney and daewon need to call all the shots over there, it seems like it could make dwindle more respectible again.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 02:43:30 PM by plastic bench nerd »

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2007, 02:47:17 PM »
can i get a shirt of this:

DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2007, 02:47:48 PM »
everyone in norcal needs to go see the terd life premier this weekend, im sure the good folks at enjoi will be there...............congrats to cam cam for getting the vid done!

otis b driftwood

« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2007, 02:50:55 PM »

rodney and daewon need to call all the shots over there, it seems like it could make dwindle more respectible again.

really? a-team, deca, artafact, tensor.
good skaters.
no fucking clue about how to make a good company.

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2007, 03:04:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

really? a-team, deca, artafact, tensor.
good skaters.
no fucking clue about how to make a good company.

there is a difference between having control and having creative control, all i was trying to say is id rather see there skateboarders call the shots, and um, rodney+marc=enjoi