Author Topic: Newbie, (Sort of) Skate Bags  (Read 2673 times)

Scribble Imp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
    • Art of Scribble Imp avatar image
Newbie, (Sort of) Skate Bags
« on: June 28, 2017, 10:31:21 AM »
I'm looking for a new skateboard backpack. I'm struggling myself to find something that's also quite colourful, or at least interesting. I'm unaware whether penny pouches will carry a regular board and not found clear answers anywhere. I was also tempted to jerry-rig a regular backpack and a board carrier together.

Any advice or ideas?

I've only recently got back into skating after about a 13 year absence since my teens. I wasn't particularly good back then, lets how I can make more progress now.

Designer and newbie to the skater scene after a long time hiatus. Nice to be back. You can also find me on Instagram.

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
Re: Newbie, (Sort of) Skate Bags
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 11:04:28 AM »
I've had one of these P.Rod Incase bags for like 3-4 years and it's still in great shape. Ton of pockets/slots inside and you can fit more in it than you'd think you can. I was at the airport one time and this lady in her 40's was even asking about it cuz she wanted one. They used to be super expensive when they first came or but I've seen some as low as $60 online. Worth every penny at that price if you need a good bag

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 11:29:48 AM »

Jk. I've just been putting my board sideways in my backpack when I ride my bike for the last like 10 years.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 825
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 12:19:35 PM »
Comabrand.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 09:16:35 PM »
I grabbed two of these from my Nike outlet for $39. Not bad for the price.

Nike SB RPM Backpack

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 07:09:01 AM »

Nike SB RPM Backpack

I have a desert tan one of these that I grabbed from the skate shop I worked at about 10 years ago and one little strap broke but I fixed it and it's still going strong 10 years later.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 08:51:31 AM »
Expand Quote

Nike SB RPM Backpack

[close]

I have a desert tan one of these that I grabbed from the skate shop I worked at about 10 years ago and one little strap broke but I fixed it and it's still going strong 10 years later.
I think I have the model before this one with the roll pack straps on top. My wife bought it for me about 7,8 years ago and I treat the bag like garbage but it's still going strong.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 04:28:33 PM »
I've had one of these P.Rod Incase bags for like 3-4 years and it's still in great shape. Ton of pockets/slots inside and you can fit more in it than you'd think you can. I was at the airport one time and this lady in her 40's was even asking about it cuz she wanted one. They used to be super expensive when they first came or but I've seen some as low as $60 online. Worth every penny at that price if you need a good bag

i have this exact bag, built really well. get on sale if you can. incase stuff is great.

Zimmer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 10:13:47 AM »
This is the one I use, it's light, has a bunch of pockets, and is big enough for just about any situation. Looks like you can get it for around 50 or 60 bucks online.