Author Topic: Bearing suggestions?  (Read 5573 times)

Cherb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
Re: Bearing suggestions?
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2017, 11:38:32 AM »
Quote from: Krooked antihero  link=topic=95876.msg2659276#msg2659276 date=1499502879
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Swiss 6 then regular swiss. Anything else is a waste of money.
[close]
[close]

true. Unless you spend alot of money they all break quickly. I usually get powell mini logos. They are as good or better than everything else for 50 dollars or less and they are really cheap.
Mini logo and ATM bearings were my go to's when I was younger. I found I didn't blow them  out as fast as reds and they were cheaper.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2017, 07:56:59 PM »
Reds, then a drop of Eezox gun lubricant when they lock up and then you are back in business.

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2017, 02:24:20 PM »
been enjoying my super swiss 6. Reds are the standard if you're going for value.

I actually got some swiss ceramics for free in the classifieds here but they seized up fairly quickly for as expensive as they are at retail and they weren't all that impressive. they were pretty fast but not seemingly any faster than your typical swiss or top tier bearing. not worth the money IMO if you were to buy those at full price

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 825
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2017, 12:22:53 PM »
Ordered some Modus Blues today should be here some time next week. Cant wait to try them out.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2017, 12:27:38 PM »
Ordered some Modus Blues today should be here some time next week. Cant wait to try them out.

Huge fan of Modus stuff. I've skated Bones Swiss over 20+ years. I've tried things here and there but always go back to Bones Swiss. Anyway, I gave Modus a shot seeing their team and I was hyped on the Sylvain Tognelli edit they did awhile back. Been skating the Titaniums and Ceramics and they're great.

GinosGroceries

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2017, 02:33:19 PM »
I like Indy 7s. They last about year. I dont bother cleaning them, I just replace them since they're cheap enough.

sorry

• Rep: -14
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2017, 04:41:45 PM »
Regarding the mentioned Bronsons, I skated a set and the cages really did break rather fast
gave them another chance early this year and purchased a new set, same thing happened..so I'm done with them
Two years ago I tried Bones Swiss and I have to say they were not any better than Bones Reds (not even slightly)
Reds are fast, cheap and last me a good long time

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2017, 05:57:02 PM »
I think bones actually sells singles and parts which is cool if you've invested in a set of Swiss.....

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 539
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2017, 06:22:34 PM »
I think bones actually sells singles and parts which is cool if you've invested in a set of Swiss.....

I've seen single Swiss bearings around but i thought it was just a store breaking up a set and making it a thing

https://www.ocdskateshop.com.au/bones-swiss-ceramic-single-skateboard-bearing.html

asakusa75

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2017, 07:38:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Huge fan of Modus stuff. I've skated Bones Swiss over 20+ years. I've tried things here and there but always go back to Bones Swiss. Anyway, I gave Modus a shot seeing their team and I was hyped on the Sylvain Tognelli edit they did awhile back. Been skating the Titaniums and Ceramics and they're great.

I have Modus Blues too, cheap and last ages. Not the fastest bearings in the world, but they last and I really hate fucking around with bearings. Seems like every expensive fancy bearings I get just blow out.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2017, 10:29:12 PM »
http://www.rocketsskateboardbearings.com/rocknronsbearings.htm

Still my favorite bearings are RocknRon's.  I've got the regular metal ones on my street setups and the ceramic in my bowl boards.  Great speed and durability.  Unlike bones bearings that have been counterfeited, there is only one source. 

His prices have gone up and he doesn't make them all the time, but still totally worth it.  You have to monitor his website for when he produces more.

Whenever he makes more, you need to jump on it.

ferraveemo

• Rep: 23
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2017, 01:38:31 AM »
been on that Race Red's for the past year and half. i think they're getting better with age but will try to clean them up soon.