Author Topic: Glasgow  (Read 5466 times)

eranka

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Glasgow
« on: July 08, 2017, 01:00:46 PM »
Going to Glasgow on the 12th of August for a week and ill have some time to skate, anyone knows any spots\shops i should visit? or even better, anyne down for a session?
Thanks!

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Glasgow
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 03:08:29 PM »
Pyramid skate Shop.

That's all i know

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 04:49:00 AM »
Head to Kelvingrove park in the west end for the local hook up, check the transport museum too.
I'm not too local to there but that is where I'd start.
Check shug_lyfe on insta.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

JAesop

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 04:50:13 PM »
Clan skateshop has been around since the dark ages. There is a little plaza right across from the shop. Don't mess with the dudes playing basketball though.

Edit- there is a skatepark in Kelvingrove too. It wasn't bad. I saw two 8 year olds in a fist fight over a candy bar.
Scotland is the best. Rowdiest, roughest, friendliest and most no bullshit people I have ever met.
 There were a couple indoor parks but they all seemed to be geared towards bikes/scooters.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 04:56:45 PM by JAesop »

daditude adjustment

• Rep: 21
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 04:19:46 PM »
I'm jumping in on this thread. I'm traveling to Scotland in November and looking for cool shops, local board companies, Etc. I'll be in Edinburgh, Inverness, and Glasgow. Any tips for the other cities would be appreciated.

Eranka, have fun on your trip, and please let me know your thoughts!

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 11:55:28 PM »
i spent a few weeks in glasgow last year, and it was awesome. pissed rain most of the time, but when it was dry, i mainly skated kelvingrove park due to the fact that i was staying right beside it. nice locals and a good mix of everything. the transport museum is quite good if you like ledges/flat.

pyramid was the only shop i visited, and the guys there were awesome. have a good time out there!

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 01:18:13 AM »
Kelvingrove, if its it dry. Clan skateshop and Pyramid. If you like ledge spots head to the riverside thats where the "Transport museum" is, its now called the Riverside Museum (google map this G3 8RS). Few good indoor parks dotted about but they are outside of Glasgow but not far. Pretty good metro links. Seek out Rab, he will help you out.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 01:21:26 AM »
I'm jumping in on this thread. I'm traveling to Scotland in November and looking for cool shops, local board companies, Etc. I'll be in Edinburgh, Inverness, and Glasgow. Any tips for the other cities would be appreciated.

Sorry for double post. Inverness has a really good outdoor park, banned scooters so thats a plus. If you head to Aberdeen at all there is a good indoor park TX, local shop in Inverness is Creative, Aberdeen has two good ones, Boarderline and Granite Reef. If you are headin to Scotland in November though be prepped for the cold and wet mate. Unless you want to surf though, best swells in winter and the water is the warmest :)

daditude adjustment

• Rep: 21
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 06:17:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Sorry for double post. Inverness has a really good outdoor park, banned scooters so thats a plus. If you head to Aberdeen at all there is a good indoor park TX, local shop in Inverness is Creative, Aberdeen has two good ones, Boarderline and Granite Reef. If you are headin to Scotland in November though be prepped for the cold and wet mate. Unless you want to surf though, best swells in winter and the water is the warmest :)

Thanks for the tips everyone! I'll seek out this Rab dude. I'm from Massachusetts, which can get cold. I'm determined to skate no matter how cold, it's my mission to kickflip in every city I visit, so I gotta! Very hyped.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2017, 01:44:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Thanks for the tips everyone! I'll seek out this Rab dude. I'm from Massachusetts, which can get cold. I'm determined to skate no matter how cold, it's my mission to kickflip in every city I visit, so I gotta! Very hyped.
Think he used to be only SLAP as silvergualtrab, can also try the Sidewalk forum http://forums.sidewalkmag.com/forumdisplay.php/1-Skateboarding#zOBtErD5kJg9cZPM.97, He is defo on there too

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 02:43:42 AM »
Kelvingrove, if its it dry. Clan skateshop and Pyramid. If you like ledge spots head to the riverside thats where the "Transport museum" is, its now called the Riverside Museum (google map this G3 8RS). Few good indoor parks dotted about but they are outside of Glasgow but not far. Pretty good metro links. Seek out Rab, he will help you out.
ill be sure to check out the Transport Museum, checked out some clips of it and it looks exactly like something i would enjoy.
im staying not far from Kelvingrove too so thats good
thanks alot!