Author Topic: Primitive: North, launching fall 2017  (Read 4213 times)

perverted super otaku!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Primitive: North, launching fall 2017
« on: July 07, 2017, 07:01:59 AM »
So, apparently Primitive is starting a Canadian division, makes sense image wise

shit_for_brains

Re: Primitive: North, launching fall 2017
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 07:15:30 AM »
Yeah you don't want those guys Canadaing up regular Primitive with their embroidered jeans and weird bs feebles.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 07:26:09 AM »
I'm not even candian but that shit seems insulting, like d-minus team

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 07:38:30 AM »
Hopefully da ghost finally gets his primitive box he asked for back in season 1 of the bunt
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 07:39:20 AM »
As long as it comes with a made in Canada sticker, not that made in Mexico bullshit they feed us now.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 08:15:49 AM »
i feel like when other companies do this it's kind of like the "am team" or "second string" or some shit.  Whenever anyone tried to do this shit (element, habitat, etc.) it's to legitimize the brand in those countries from a sales standpoint, but they're never going to be on the same level with the US team.  Companies should just have a single team.  If you're legit enough to be pro in Canada, you're legit enough to be.......wait, I just finished that statement in my head and, no. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 08:17:37 AM »
Should've brought back Maple and given it a heavily syrup based image.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 08:51:49 AM »
Its a good look I actually look at those teams
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 08:55:16 AM »
Canadian skaters getting the shaft lives on

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2017, 09:37:51 AM »

I always pictured DGK going for the, "Syrup" based image.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 01:03:12 PM »
making a commitment to win over that one giant white t DGK kid across the country......

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 01:57:50 PM »
Will Primitive be around that long?

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 02:09:41 PM »
If they put Wade on, hopefully, they make him a worldwide pro.

Element had a Canadian Team for awhile. They hooked some good people up and took them on tours, but it was basically like being on a slightly better flow program. Or in some are trapped between flow and a legitimate am. DC also ran a Canadian program for awhile. While it is definitely like a minor league team, it does help guys get product and travel. Some legitimate skaters skated for Element Canada before moving on to better things, most notably Bobby De Keyzer and Will Marshall. Hopefully, some guys can use Primitive North as a launching board even if Primitive never puts them fully on.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2017, 03:23:27 PM »
Theres full on (regional) teams that had board series, tours etc that was completely different from the US teams and prospered. If they do it right it can work.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2017, 03:32:37 PM »

Element had a Canadian Team for awhile. They hooked some good people up and took them on tours, but it was basically like being on a slightly better flow program. Or in some are trapped between flow and a legitimate am. DC also ran a Canadian program for awhile. While it is definitely like a minor league team, it does help guys get product and travel. Some legitimate skaters skated for Element Canada before moving on to better things, most notably Bobby De Keyzer and Will Marshall. Hopefully, some guys can use Primitive North as a launching board even if Primitive never puts them fully on.

If I was wade id be insulted if they approached me to join primitive but wanted me to head up their canadian team... be a total deal killer and would make primitive look really whack

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2017, 03:34:20 PM »

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2017, 04:54:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If I was wade id be insulted if they approached me to join primitive but wanted me to head up their canadian team... be a total deal killer and would make primitive look really whack

This has been going on for over 20 years. The canadian teams go on tours (sometimes across the world) use the footage for their personal parts / tour videos, and they get coverage in local magazines like SBC and Kingshit. Sometimes the riders end up being interviewed by american journalists like Nieratko and Brink. Currently, CONS, vans and HUF all have a big Canadian programs.

I don't think it's very insulting to the riders, they get a good opportunity to travel on someone else's dime and the vast majority of them don't have the talent to be pro for major companies.

Every country/region with a big skate community gets the same treatment.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2017, 05:14:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

This has been going on for over 20 years. The canadian teams go on tours (sometimes across the world) use the footage for their personal parts / tour videos, and they get coverage in local magazines like SBC and Kingshit. Sometimes the riders end up being interviewed by american journalists like Nieratko and Brink. Currently, CONS, vans and HUF all have a big Canadian programs.

I don't think it's very insulting to the riders, they get a good opportunity to travel on someone else's dime and the vast majority of them don't have the talent to be pro for major companies.

supposably cons just shuddered their whole canadian squad.
i think its sad that just because youre canadian you will most likely be on an internation pro program. only a select few seem to make it by.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2017, 05:34:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
i think its sad that just because youre canadian you will most likely be on an internation pro program. only a select few seem to make it by.

But it's like that everywhere. There's a hundred kids in So Cal crushing it right now with huge followings on social media.Yet, only a few of them will end up with proper sponsors.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2017, 06:14:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They can't possibly look that much worse
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

shit_for_brains

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2017, 06:30:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

But it's like that everywhere. There's a hundred kids in So Cal crushing it right now with huge followings on social media.Yet, only a few of them will end up with proper sponsors.

There are way too many pros for the industry to sustain as it is.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2017, 08:00:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I agree but it's wade. He's been pro for what, 15 years on dgk? It's not like he hasn't made it and going to primitive Canada would be his break into the pro ranks. Definitely see how it'll benefit some bit if that's what's offered to wade I'd be discouraged.

Putaslocas

• Rep: -291
  • EAT SHIT AND DIE
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2017, 09:36:57 AM »
Oh i thought this was gon be about the new partnership signed by North West and primitive

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2017, 11:23:22 AM »
seems like with all these legit euro brands out there now having a separate international team is a bad look.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2017, 06:29:53 PM »
When Wade gets on, he needs to drag Travis Stenger off the golf course and back into some xxl banana tees and some Roca Wear jeans. As long as he starts saying "pause" instead of "no homo," I'm sure he'll make Canada proud. 🇨🇦
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.