Author Topic: New Flip distro  (Read 3360 times)

DM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 25

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1073
Re: New Flip distro
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 12:17:51 PM »
That only says Europe. Doesn't say who will be doing the states MFG although likely still china/Dwindle.

I wonder what NHS did with all their old stock

Ineffable Epoch

• Rep: -77
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 01:12:24 AM »
The same factory which produces Jart decks, and pressumably they will be using the same wood. Of course cheaper and worst.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 03:58:12 AM »
The same factory which produces Jart decks, and pressumably they will be using the same wood. Of course cheaper and worst.
Jart has a bad name, but If you have ridden a jart board in the last year you'll notice the difference.
When was the last time you rode a Jart board? The last one I rode this winter was really good. One thing is their art direction, that is really shitty, one other thing is their team, and one final thing is their product.
Unless you strictly use American brands, there are so many brands using their wood, that you probably used them without knowing it was a Jart.
Also, I doubt Joe Castrucci would approve Habitat european boards to be manufactured by Jart if he wasn't satisfied by the quality.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 04:11:04 AM by Turtle Boy »

Nora9

• Rep: -81
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 04:54:50 AM »
who cares

Grind King Rims

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 05:09:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Jart has a bad name, but If you have ridden a jart board in the last year you'll notice the difference.
When was the last time you rode a Jart board? The last one I rode this winter was really good. One thing is their art direction, that is really shitty, one other thing is their team, and one final thing is their product.
Unless you strictly use American brands, there are so many brands using their wood, that you probably used them without knowing it was a Jart.
Also, I doubt Joe Castrucci would approve Habitat european boards to be manufactured by Jart if he wasn't satisfied by the quality.

I can confirm Jart boards are better than they used to be. I still hate them because they might be the most bland, tasteless, corporate brand in skateboarding, but the decks are better than they used to be.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 06:04:31 AM »
Sort of related...Anyone else see that Skate Mental and Tired will be distributed through Grizzly?

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 06:25:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I can confirm Jart boards are better than they used to be. I still hate them because they might be the most bland, tasteless, corporate brand in skateboarding, but the decks are better than they used to be.

They press good quality/price decks, but the art direction it's been terrible all the time, worst graphics ever. But I don't get why they don't hire a good studio to make a rebranding and then hire a couple of designers to apply it. Probably it's because they allways sold really good. I think that they give really good conditions to the shops.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 06:32:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

They press good quality/price decks, but the art direction it's been terrible all the time, worst graphics ever. But I don't get why they don't hire a good studio to make a rebranding and then hire a couple of designers to apply it. Probably it's because they allways sold really good. I think that they give really good conditions to the shops.
The guy in charge of the art direction has been there forever and he's almost part of the family. Also, the owners don't really care about the graphics. They are not running a skateboard brand, they are running a business. If they can sell lot of boards without having to care about the art direction they won't care.

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2017, 06:40:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
The guy in charge of the art direction has been there forever and he's almost part of the family. Also, the owners don't really care about the graphics. They are not running a skateboard brand, they are running a business. If they can sell lot of boards without having to care about the art direction they won't care.

I know who are you talking about. I understand the position but if I had a brand I would love that people will be proud of riding my boards for all aspects, graphics included. Anyway people from basque Country are different, and they usually don't give a shit about trends and design

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 08:05:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I looked at some of their series,ya'll are right

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Ineffable Epoch

• Rep: -77
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2017, 04:09:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
When was the last time you rode a Jart board?

I rode one 8 or 9 years ago and another maybe 4 years ago, both felt bad afterwards but they were the cheapest choice at the moment and I wasn't that fussy. Now I alternate between Quasi, Palace and some random AWS that I manage to get for free (and I really like).

If they replaced the wood this the last year, that's something good specially for the small brands that pay them to produce reduced print runs, but Jart as a brand itself will remain in my black list.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2017, 04:40:38 PM »
i've had 3 or 4 jart boards and all of them were shitty, my last one was a month ago and i know it was manufactured like 2-3 weeks before i got it and it was just as bad as all of the other jarts i had.

there are better deck manufacturers in europe that all these companies could use that aren't much more expensive
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Grind King Rims

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2017, 07:11:27 AM »
Do Jart and Magenta use the same factory in Europe?

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2017, 07:27:24 AM »
Do Jart and Magenta use the same factory in Europe?

Magenta doesn't use a factory in Europe. BB/Generator.
p-shuvs and v-flips

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2017, 05:41:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
I looked at some of their series,ya'll are right

That series does the job to me. Now I wish Jart boards to be around me.