Author Topic: Lunarlon vs Ultracush vs Adiprene  (Read 7910 times)

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Lunarlon vs Ultracush vs Adiprene
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2017, 11:15:18 AM »
I like the FP kingfoam orthotics a little bit better than the gamechangers - they're a little softer, $10 cheaper ($35) and they mold using your body heat instead of the oven.

SodaJerk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2017, 12:50:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nike Zoom Air is superior. Air in the heel so you can slam but good boardfeel upfront.

[close]

I usually don't rock with Tracer, but he has a point. Does anyone remember the Nike SB E-Cue model? The entire bottom of the insole was a giant one-piece Zoom Air unit. I bet if you combined that with the Lunarlon midsole that they used in the Project BA Nikes, you'd have the world's most shock absorbent skate shoe.

For the record, I think Nike really messed up with discontinuing the Lunar Gato and the Project BA. I think they cut their own throats by making the MSRP as high as they did, and I bet they would have raked in cash for the company had they had an asking price that was $25 cheaper...
[close]
Had three pairs and still have a pair box fresh. They were so good and I'm not usually a Nike guy SB or otherwise
[close]

I'm right there with you.
Well fuck me you went all in. I do not understand why they stopped making these.

I like the FP kingfoam orthotics a little bit better than the gamechangers - they're a little softer, $10 cheaper ($35) and they mold using your body heat instead of the oven.
King foams are no good if you have fallen arches like I do. Gamechangers are more supportive.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2017, 08:49:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Nike Zoom Air is superior. Air in the heel so you can slam but good boardfeel upfront.

[close]

I usually don't rock with Tracer, but he has a point. Does anyone remember the Nike SB E-Cue model? The entire bottom of the insole was a giant one-piece Zoom Air unit. I bet if you combined that with the Lunarlon midsole that they used in the Project BA Nikes, you'd have the world's most shock absorbent skate shoe.

For the record, I think Nike really messed up with discontinuing the Lunar Gato and the Project BA. I think they cut their own throats by making the MSRP as high as they did, and I bet they would have raked in cash for the company had they had an asking price that was $25 cheaper...

My favorite Zoom Air moment in history was when SKATAN tried to nuke his new Nikes in the microwave and the insole's air pocket bursted like a bubble.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2017, 07:38:04 AM »
King foam orthotics are no good if you have fallen arches like I do. Gamechangers are more supportive.
^
Good point

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2017, 12:30:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Had three pairs and still have a pair box fresh. They were so good and I'm not usually a Nike guy SB or otherwise
[close]

I'm right there with you.
[close]
Well fuck me you went all in. I do not understand why they stopped making these.

Expand Quote
[close]
King foams are no good if you have fallen arches like I do. Gamechangers are more supportive.

What size do you wear? I'll keep my eyes open for them if I come across something worthwhile  ;)
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.