Author Topic: Jimmy Carlin ... lost enjoi part  (Read 9548 times)

Nag Champa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -29
Jimmy Carlin ... lost enjoi part
« on: August 11, 2017, 05:40:04 PM »
I missed the scoop on this, why did his part get nixed. I did read the thrasher article yesterday about him going on a naked mission with ladies of the evening during the last days of oververt.

Jimmy Carlin Osiris Feed The Need

stone cold steve austin

• Rep: -84
Re: Jimmy Carlin ... lost enjoi part
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 06:22:05 PM »

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 07:11:37 PM »
Louie Barletta | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 04

watch this and louie will tell you
To Paraphrase a whole hour podcast, Jimmy parties too mocha d doesn't focus on skateboarding, was supposed to film parts for Enjoi and Circa but blew so then he was gonna film a part for Circa and they were gonna share it, but he never came through with that. There was never a part, I guess just 4-5 tricks.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 07:13:29 PM »
Expand Quote
To Paraphrase a whole hour podcast, Jimmy parties too mocha d doesn't focus on skateboarding, was supposed to film parts for Enjoi and Circa but blew so then he was gonna film a part for Circa and they were gonna share it, but he never came through with that. There was never a part, I guess just 4-5 tricks.

Wasn't it his Friendship part?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

jexe

• Rep: -4
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 07:42:57 PM »
Good. He did the world a favour. We don't need another Jimmy Carlin part

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 07:48:36 PM »
They call it a dolphin flip not because it looks like a dolphin breaching the surface of the ocean but because it is the most gentle and intelligent of flips.

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 07:58:22 PM »
Good. He did the world a favour. We don't need another Jimmy Carlin part

daewonbong3000

• Rep: 10
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 08:06:06 PM »
Expand Quote

I mocha party too

drcroc

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 08:44:46 PM »
These pros and companies put way too much pressure on "video parts" and shit. I just watched a Jimmy Carlin trick tutorial on like heel flip shuvs and it was plenty entertaining and I was impressed. All you need is 2-5 minutes of tricks and cruising, it's that simple. If you stop skating completely, that's obviously an issue. But going for all hammers just 'cause... doesn't even make much of a difference in my eyes (as a generic fan of skating). Plus, Louie dropped him? as TM? Carlin must have really turned in nothing.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 08:46:24 PM »
If Louie felt he had to give you the boot, you know you done fucked up.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2017, 10:57:22 PM »
fuck off Rodney, I am sure somebody fickflipped before you

sk8fool

• Rep: -30
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 10:49:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Lots of the footage ended up in his Friendship part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIpghYyt4qo

I mocha party too

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2017, 12:45:08 PM »
You know this dude was fuckin blowin it. He's super marketable to kids and got kicked off by Louie
I kinda liked him in his fallen days then I seen a video where he wasn't skating

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2017, 06:00:49 PM »
I'm a tech skating junkie and I honestly think this guy has Creager/Ladd level skill if he'd stop being a fucking kook for a few minutes

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2017, 07:21:26 AM »
I actually prefer smaller doses of Jimmy Carlin, so I'd happily watch those 4-5 tricks.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2017, 07:45:31 AM »
no comment on him as a person but his performance in the eS game of skate back in the day was one of the most textbook flatground sessions ever to go down I think, everything popped to fuck and done perfectly

Grind King Rims

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2017, 01:03:13 PM »
Dude is such a talented skateboarder. He's great when he's not being annoying.

That friendship part was better than I remember it being. The amount of enjoi boards in it was pretty funny though.

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2017, 04:06:53 PM »
Remember when he was selling boards just cause of that mystery flippity flop pit stop video where he just pulled out all the craziest tricks no one has seen at the time and everyone wants to be him
yes

Nollie Flip Crook

• Rep: 0
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2017, 05:24:19 PM »
He had an entire 3 to 4 minute part that was actually really good, I had the pleasure of watching it before it was fast forwarded in overtvert! I think the problem was Louie wanted him to fill Jerry Hsu's shoes and be the "big boy" on the team with the ender part, maybe it was a little too much pressure and expectation to put on a guy that has already released over like 7 full video parts and is 32 years old. Plus he was injured for nearly a year towards the end of that video. I consider myself having pretty high standards when it comes to video parts and his skating exceeded my expectations, I'm sure jose had some good stuff too. I believe the video would have been a lot better if those two were included in it. A good amount of that footage ended up in his friendship part, he heelflip crooked grinded a rail and fakie hard flip manny the courthouse stage and hardflipped like a 17 stair, a poor part on the editors that couldn't make a part from that.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2017, 05:52:02 PM »
Yeah, why was Jose's part cut? Was he hurt or something?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

lucascbn

• Rep: 21
  • #maconha
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2021, 04:02:04 AM »
I actually prefer smaller doses of Jimmy Carlin, so I'd happily watch those 4-5 tricks.

microdosing Jimmy Carlin wont cause you any harm....

He had an entire 3 to 4 minute part that was actually really good, I had the pleasure of watching it before it was fast forwarded in overtvert! I think the problem was Louie wanted him to fill Jerry Hsu's shoes and be the "big boy" on the team with the ender part, maybe it was a little too much pressure and expectation to put on a guy that has already released over like 7 full video parts and is 32 years old. Plus he was injured for nearly a year towards the end of that video. I consider myself having pretty high standards when it comes to video parts and his skating exceeded my expectations, I'm sure jose had some good stuff too. I believe the video would have been a lot better if those two were included in it. A good amount of that footage ended up in his friendship part, he heelflip crooked grinded a rail and fakie hard flip manny the courthouse stage and hardflipped like a 17 stair, a poor part on the editors that couldn't make a part from that.

imagine a video where Jose Rojo has the last part HAHA (I like his skating tho  :()

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2021, 04:41:18 AM »

Hearing this, I think they just weren't a match and they both probably knew it. There was a part that enjoi didn't exactly want in their video from a rider they didn't exactly want on the team anymore either. They probably could've been cut throat and dropped him with no footage or put the part in the video with the intention of dropping him soon which would be pointless and drag on. Instead they dropped him and gave him the footage and also kind of gave him some promo for when his solo part dropped.

Lisa96

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2021, 05:08:12 AM »
and he'll soon have a career + health insurance + stability

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2021, 09:41:44 AM »
He touches on it in his recent Jenkem interview:

https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2021/11/01/happened-jimmy-carlin/

conqueso

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2021, 10:52:53 AM »
i thought someone here said he stole louie b's girl

stringsnthings

• Rep: -48
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2021, 10:59:57 AM »
If someone really wanted to they could take the Daniel Policelli approach like with the chunk of chocolate edit. Take Jimmys intro from oververt and get creative with rearranging his friendship part with all the enjoi board footage and pick a new song.

TheDingus

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2021, 11:02:57 AM »
I want footy of him teaching.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?

TheDingus

biaherl