Author Topic: Jenkem: revisiting the hanging klansman board.  (Read 30651 times)

pabloalvarado

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
Jenkem: revisiting the hanging klansman board.
« on: August 14, 2017, 05:42:58 PM »
http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2017/08/14/revisiting-hanging-klansman-board/

?It was an idea I wanted to do for a while. An incredibly strong statement with a simple image.? -Jim Thiebaud

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
Re: Jenkem: revisiting the hanging klansman board.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 06:24:51 PM »
If this was reissued in a popsicle shape i would buy it

Donald Rump

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 06:45:59 PM »
^ It was a while ago, 8.25 x 32"

Classic graphic

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 06:49:44 PM »
fuuuuuck

coreaf

• Rep: 23
  • sick
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 06:55:02 PM »
All time iconic graphic. Pretty fucking lame that it's just as relevant almost 30 years later though.

Bummed I missed out on the Krooked guest board recently. Kinda funny that Gonz spelled Jim T's name wrong on it though.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 392
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 07:49:25 PM »
I have a feeling that they'll do another reissue under Actions REALized fairly soon, given the current state of affairs

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 375
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 08:44:56 PM »
I have a feeling that they'll do another reissue under Actions REALized fairly soon, given the current state of affairs

I hope so. More relevant than ever, unfortunately.
Would buy a hanger and a skater, for sure.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 10:25:01 PM »
No idea what anyones talking about but I definitely noted the og graphic after seeing it first sometime last year. .
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 03:38:50 AM »
if we ignore both the alt right dicks and the dumb leftist I think they'll go away. Or they can fight each other to death while us that live in reality go to work or something

midgebones

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 05:25:09 AM »
really psyched to see that the guys at Jenkem saw what was going on and posted that article, much respect. would love to hang that board up.

same goes for all of you and the rest of the cities that actually gave a fuck about the mess going on here in Virginia. Being in Charlottesville for all of that and witnessing all those delusional fucking idiots throwing up Nazi salutes with cardboard shields and helmets was surreal...Never felt such a high level of public tension and disappointment with society in my life. Those fools all need to take their tiki torches to themselves and do the world a favor.

alas...at least I was able to snatch a couple hoods 😈

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2518
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2017, 06:24:51 AM »
Yeah, one of the best skate graphics ever. I first saw it when a friend got a Ben Liversedge board with the same graphic.  Been wanting to get a hanging clansman board ever since.

Didn't they also use it for a Nate Jones board?

Also, lol at ignoring the far right...

Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 567
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2017, 08:56:24 AM »
while browsing instagram after the incident in charlottesville, it was pretty cool to see skateboarding as a whole denounce this alt-right, neo-nazi, white supremacist bullshit right from the jump, unlike the president.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 08:58:24 AM by Big Skatefase »

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2017, 09:02:39 AM »
While I'm completely against all this white power and nazi bullshit I don't think violence will end violence or hating end hate. It's easy to have a strong negative counter reaction to shit like this happening (I know that's my initial reaction at least) but in the end I would rather try to focus on the positives than negatives. Support the positive alternative instead of focusing on hating the negative.

Badmeaningood

• Rep: 27
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2017, 10:02:13 AM »
I never knew that Natas drew the graphic.

airwalk

• Rep: -1
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2017, 10:30:44 AM »

N.L.

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2017, 10:59:55 AM »
While I'm completely against all this white power and nazi bullshit I don't think violence will end violence or hating end hate. It's easy to have a strong negative counter reaction to shit like this happening (I know that's my initial reaction at least) but in the end I would rather try to focus on the positives than negatives. Support the positive alternative instead of focusing on hating the negative.

"Only one thing could have broken our movement ? if the adversary had understood its principle and from the first day had smashed, with the most extreme brutality, the nucleus of our new movement.?- AH.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2017, 11:10:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

"Only one thing could have broken our movement ? if the adversary had understood its principle and from the first day had smashed, with the most extreme brutality, the nucleus of our new movement.?- AH.

I'm more of a Gandhi guy myself. "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind". I'm not trying to bash Jim or Real or anyone here, I'm just trying to say that you can win over negative things with positive force instead of negative. Hard to explain right now and I'm not sure why I commented in the first place. Hate breeds hate and I guess I'd like to see that stopped.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2017, 11:20:13 AM »
Saying that racists, fascists, neo-Nazis, and other people whose ideologies are based on the degradation and oppression of people because of their inherent traits have no place in civilized society is not "hate."

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2518
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2017, 11:44:53 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance

...we are warranted in refusing to tolerate intolerance: "We should therefore claim, in the name of tolerance, the right not to tolerate the intolerant."
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2017, 11:57:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Drawn by McKee, so what's your point?

wheelies

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2017, 01:19:10 PM »
Funny how such a small incident of death and 2 sides of faggots protesting is national news for so long. Its almost like someone is behind this.

Jews

Chuck Gender

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2017, 01:22:37 PM »
Funny how such a small incident of death and 2 sides of faggots protesting is national news for so long. Its almost like someone is behind this.

Jews

Get the fuck out asshole!

Pretty Serious

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2017, 01:49:27 PM »
Should update the graphic and make it relevant, but it just doesn't have the same pc ring as nazi punks fuck off.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2017, 01:58:27 PM »
Saying that racists, fascists, neo-Nazis, and other people whose ideologies are based on the degradation and oppression of people because of their inherent traits have no place in civilized society is not "hate."

You are correct and I fully agree that they should have no place in society but I do not support violence towards them. Nor do I think that hating on them really helps the situation in any way. These type of people mostly feed on the hate. They see that they are passionately hated on and it just gives them more power. The view themselves as underdogs and it just gives them more justification that they are right.

Expand Quote
...we are warranted in refusing to tolerate intolerance: "We should therefore claim, in the name of tolerance, the right not to tolerate the intolerant."
[close]

Make no mistake, I do not tolerate such intolerant people nor do I think what they are doing should be tolerated. But you can react to what they are doing in many ways and these different ways lead to different outcomes, some IMO better than the others.

Senrud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 54
    • Twatter avatar image
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2017, 02:07:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You are correct and I fully agree that they should have no place in society but I do not support violence towards them. Nor do I think that hating on them really helps the situation in any way. These type of people mostly feed on the hate. They see that they are passionately hated on and it just gives them more power. The view themselves as underdogs and it just gives them more justification that they are right.

Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Make no mistake, I do not tolerate such intolerant people nor do I think what they are doing should be tolerated. But you can react to what they are doing in many ways and these different ways lead to different outcomes, some IMO better than the others.

Violence usually perpetuates or exacerbates violence. No one gets beat up then goes, "you know what, I think they have a point over there." Beating someone up will only lead to them getting guns, then you come back with bombs. Each side just digs in deeper and hates the other more and more. The problem is when people are aligned with an illogical dogma, you can't combat it with logic or education, you can only hope to prevent it at an early age, which is counterintuitive because most of this shit is passed on from parents. So what is the alternative?  
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 02:18:38 PM by Senrud »

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2017, 02:20:47 PM »
just ignore them. maybe they'll go away like isis.

Yu Dum

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2017, 02:33:07 PM »

Jews
I fucking hate you. I would never advocate taking one's own life in any other circumstance, but please off yourself. You are scum.

Pigeon

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2017, 02:46:45 PM »
There's actually a lot of truth to this. While I am against fucktards like the ones in Charlottsville, it doesn't do much good to protest them. They get the attention they want and get a bigger audience. If they get attacked, that fuels their hatred and makes them look like victims. If you let them be douchebags for a couple hours and ignore them, they'll go home, without getting any media coverage. Most local businesses in major cities won't serve them, because they don't want to alienate their regulars. Some people just don't do anything valuable/useful with their lives so they have to cling to some sort of collective pride, to feel better about themselves. They're already fucked in the head...yelling back at them or telling them that they're wrong isn't going to change anything.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2017, 03:04:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
There's actually a lot of truth to this. While I am against fucktards like the ones in Charlottsville, it doesn't do much good to protest them. They get the attention they want and get a bigger audience. If they get attacked, that fuels their hatred and makes them look like victims. If you let them be douchebags for a couple hours and ignore them, they'll go home, without getting any media coverage. Most local businesses in major cities won't serve them, because they don't want to alienate their regulars. Some people just don't do anything valuable/useful with their lives so they have to cling to some sort of collective pride, to feel better about themselves. They're already fucked in the head...yelling back at them or telling them that they're wrong isn't going to change anything.
i disagree. visible opposition is important to show that people don't agree with their views. just letting them do whatever they want creates a visual that it is accepted and "normal".

hate speech and nazism should not be normalized, because then it can fester and boil over to where we see more and more examples like this.

there is a reason the united states is so diligent in silencing radical islamic terrorist propaganda that can influence and radicalize americans.

there is no way the united states would allow this to be able to protest freely in public.

yet we're supposed to be so accepting to literal nazis?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 03:11:11 PM by Big Skatefase »

Pigeon

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2017, 03:18:42 PM »
^
If people want to counter-protest, that's completely acceptable. I disagree with engaging directly with skinheads/white nationalists, at rallies or protests. It just never ends well. If someone wants to beat the fuck out of a neo-Nazi at a bar, I'm completely cool with that.

What I do support is people outing these racists online. The head of the Young Republicans at Washington State got identified. Some guy who worked at a hot dog place in Berkely, CA did too, and he resigned before the company could talk to him.