Author Topic: The Nine Club Experience?  (Read 28786 times)

drcroc

Re: The Nine Club Experience?
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2017, 02:18:47 PM »
I assume that pretty much every guests who is on there who talks about a product or videopart is a paying guest, and of course Adidas and Lakai pay for their episodes.

... Yes, Crob has Adidas and Crailtap ties. I don't know if I fully buy into what you've said here though. They have mentioned several times about the set and electricity costing money, which would make me think they've filmed several episodes out of pocket. So ultimately I disagree with you on this one, but just barely.

Jerkstore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2017, 03:58:44 PM »
god why are they charging for a youtube podcast?

don't have like 4 hd cameras and mics if you can't afford it

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2017, 04:07:52 PM »
Expand Quote
The level of entitlement the internet has created baffles me, but it really shouldn't.
[close]
stupid doofus opinion. internet created easy way to distribute content. anything good eventually gets scooped up by proper channels.

there's no situation that's gonna make this paywall thing work. get smarter.

Ouch, my feelings...

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2017, 04:34:08 PM »
Expand Quote
I assume that pretty much every guests who is on there who talks about a product or videopart is a paying guest, and of course Adidas and Lakai pay for their episodes.
[close]

... Yes, Crob has Adidas and Crailtap ties. I don't know if I fully buy into what you've said here though. They have mentioned several times about the set and electricity costing money, which would make me think they've filmed several episodes out of pocket. So ultimately I disagree with you on this one, but just barely.
Do they not film this shit in one of their apartments? I find it tough to believe they have an outside set for a two hour conversation every week.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2017, 04:52:52 PM »
time = money

you're not going to work a job for free...are you?

that said, i'm not paying for it. the paywall model is a bad bet. they already play journalistic softball with their guests, so i don't think having sponsors will alter their direction much, if at all.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2017, 06:23:52 PM »
I don't mind paying a dollar and will gladly do so if they make some good content, but in general I have a problem with people asking for money to go toward a vague outcome. The only thing they've really mentioned about it is that it will be like the free version except "maybe we can do facetime or have skits or something". It seems like they don't even know what they're gonna be doing with it. My attitude about it is similar to the ETN guy who told everyone to "chill the fuck out" when he was criticized for launching a subscription service with no real established plan. If you want me to give you my money and that's your attitude you can fuck right off. Chris' attitude seems similar justifying not researching his guests or being a bad interviewer with "we're skaters, maaaaaaan." And again, if actual work goes in and good content is made, I will gladly eat my words and pay. My problem isn't about the money.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2017, 09:04:17 PM »
This might sound really lazy but I don't want to sign up for anything or have to plug my CC in. If I can use PayPal or Amazon or something I already have and its a guest I'm interested in I might be game to pay up.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2017, 09:56:27 PM »
Are people forgetting this is a whole separate show? if you don't want to pay just keep watching the nine club as usual and go on about your day. This is a side job and nothing more, the nine club shouldn't be affected by this if anything it'll just make it better.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2017, 10:04:38 PM »
i wonder how they will deem whats going to cost money. as in will they have totally separate guests for the paid show?

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2017, 02:38:02 AM »
and that's what rings my bell, is that without a proper guest who have sponsors to pay them- they have to charge the viewer.

just look at the tons of different guests they have had who peddle some sort of product. if they aren't getting paid from them then they sure as hell should start to get paid by them! add the little youtube money on top and I am sure that these dudes are getting paid an ok amount for their time.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2017, 03:13:20 AM »
So it's going to be a live show?
Sounded cool to me until I figured I live in another part of the world and would never be able to interact...

drcroc

« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2017, 03:44:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Do they not film this shit in one of their apartments? I find it tough to believe they have an outside set for a two hour conversation every week.

Yeah they always say it's filmed in the co-hosts apartment. But the electricity bill is def higher when you're using lights, the neon sign and all those cameras/electronics like that. And, maybe they buy props for the set. Perfect example all the candy for the Mike Sinclair episode.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2017, 06:15:44 AM »
Expand Quote
They have a reach of ~50k views so that's your baseline. In print 50k issues would cost you a bit, but I'm not sure if it translates to digital stuff.

Who will pay? All those kids in the youtube comment section and a couple of dudes on slap.
[close]

Yeah, seems like they average mid- to high 40k per episode. I wonder what percent they figure will pay for the experience.
10% would be $4,500 a week. $200k+ a year
1% gets them $450 a week. $20k+ a year.

That's just youtube views though, right? Doesn't account for those who listen as a podcast or on soundcloud etc.
They very well could have double the audience.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2017, 06:17:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah they always say it's filmed in the co-hosts apartment. But the electricity bill is def higher when you're using lights, the neon sign and all those cameras/electronics like that. And, maybe they buy props for the set. Perfect example all the candy for the Mike Sinclair episode.
So, two to three hours of electricity and $20 of candy? This seems increasingly tenuous the more it's discussed.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2017, 09:14:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
So, two to three hours of electricity and $20 of candy? This seems increasingly tenuous the more it's discussed.
With all the lights and shit that power bill has to suck monthly,especially in a house.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2017, 09:32:19 AM »
If they introduced a Twitch model of allowing subscribers who've paid to interact/ ask questions to the host or guests then that would be a great idea

I feel like it'll just be some dumb ETN bonus content thing though really

sharkbarf

• Rep: 1
« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2017, 10:20:14 AM »
I thought slap would be happy for this. Think about it, now anyone can call in and ask the REAL questions that need to be answered around here. Right?

doublesteveburger

« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2017, 10:43:32 AM »
They put up their first "CALL IN NOW" post last night through instagram stories.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2017, 10:51:29 AM »
I thought slap would be happy for this. Think about it, now anyone can call in and ask the REAL questions that need to be answered around here. Right?
Somehow, I feel like they will pre-record the questions when you call them play it too the guest immediately after or someshit,  they know no guests will come on if they get put on blast fully and people demand to know the whole story, people would be storming off and shit, which would be really funny

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2017, 10:58:46 AM »
They put up their first "CALL IN NOW" post last night through instagram stories.

I didn't get why they put that up. I thought it was a live show and we'd see the show live when we paid for it. Like if we called in, we'd hear ourselves talking on their podcast.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

shit_for_brains

« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2017, 11:02:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I didn't get why they put that up. I thought it was a live show and we'd see the show live when we paid for it. Like if we called in, we'd hear ourselves talking on their podcast.

It's not live. They still have to edit it and all of that, it's just more of a wack pack thing than the legit Stern show. Call in, have a chat, it probably gets cut, you watch thursday to see if you made it but didn't, then you do it again.

Crob I know you're reading this so please remember that I am on the east coast and I wake up at 5am so you need to reschedule accordingly.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2017, 12:09:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Somehow, I feel like they will pre-record the questions when you call them play it too the guest immediately after or someshit,  they know no guests will come on if they get put on blast fully and people demand to know the whole story, people would be storming off and shit, which would be really funny

I'd totally pay even 2 dollars for that.

Hosts/Guests would be like:

"Take it easy man, take the 4 dollars!"

Seriously speaking though, if that's not live, wouldn't it be like the weekend buzz where people could ask questions through FB?
Ok if you're a member there's higher chances of getting them answered since you pick from a smaller audience, but still if the total number of questions is so high the no-reply factor could still be relevant. Just curious.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 12:34:36 PM by Mark Renton »
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2017, 10:36:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It's not live. They still have to edit it and all of that, it's just more of a wack pack thing than the legit Stern show. Call in, have a chat, it probably gets cut, you watch thursday to see if you made it but didn't, then you do it again.

Crob I know you're reading this so please remember that I am on the east coast and I wake up at 5am so you need to reschedule accordingly.
Crob trying to be the next Howard Stern? Wheres the sybian?

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #113 on: September 07, 2017, 12:51:56 AM »
I'd pay 5 dollars a month if they could get a 360 degree camera set up, so I could enjoy my virtual reality GALL interview.

drcroc

« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2017, 05:03:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Crob trying to be the next Howard Stern? Wheres the sybian?

*crying laughing emoji*

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2017, 11:41:02 PM »
Just bought/watched the first one. I thought it was really fuckin good. So much potential going forward, Eldridge has a section where he was interviewing people at the Skate Copa event thing in LA, like an "outside" segment rather than being at the table, which I think could be a cool recurring thing moving forward.. Maybe with different skaters doing different shit.

The MJ facetime segment was amazing. Better than I expected. The call-ins were sick too, nothing too awkward which I thought might have been the case, except a guy calling in to brag about being sponsored by Andy Schrock and asking the guys to watch him on Youtube...

What else? There was meant to be a "skate news" segment but they ran out of time, that could be interesting... Once the kinks are ironed out and more ideas come to fruition this could be really something special. Easily worth $0.99... Even a Big Gulp is $1.59 now...

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2017, 11:51:11 PM »
Your sig gave me a boner. Thanks.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2017, 12:28:43 AM »
eldridge interview blooper real was super good
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2017, 12:39:53 AM »
The first one was pretty good, I don't feel like I wasted a dollar. It definitely had its moments and the concept of being able to come up with nerdy questions to ask Rog on the phone is cool. It was pretty hilarious how bad Eldridge was at the field reporting too, makes what Chris / Rog do seem more impressive.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2017, 12:48:19 AM »
So after you pay hmthat episode us unlocked forever?
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!