Author Topic: RIP P-Stone  (Read 99753 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
Re: RIP P-Stone
« Reply #450 on: September 04, 2017, 08:48:48 PM »
So was Simon Bannerot the unnamed passenger?

CHONGO

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #451 on: September 04, 2017, 09:08:13 PM »

no that was a prior accident that happened a bit ago.

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #452 on: September 04, 2017, 09:27:40 PM »

One of the articles said it was believed to be Cory's roommate. I'm not sure who that is, but that's the story.

IHOP

« Reply #453 on: September 04, 2017, 10:58:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

One of the articles said it was believed to be Cory's roommate. I'm not sure who that is, but that's the story.

one of cory's bestfriends jake shumaker, not positive but pretty sure it was him.

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #454 on: September 05, 2017, 12:13:29 AM »
Saw something about a car failure this morning on a shitty clickbait skate blog.
Any reliable infos ?
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #455 on: September 05, 2017, 12:40:19 AM »
Saw something about a car failure this morning on a shitty clickbait skate blog.
Any reliable infos ?

http://www.vashonbeachcomber.com/news/one-dead-one-injured-after-suspected-dui-crash-wednesday-night/
also a few other local wa news stations. so sad still.

wsg0619

« Reply #456 on: September 05, 2017, 01:09:13 AM »
Read that P-Stone and his family had just finished moving to Vashon (possibly Cory's house). Poor family, to have to deal with his death on top of having to live there...

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #457 on: September 05, 2017, 03:18:49 AM »
Some Boulala/Shane level sadness right here...

So sad for the family and people that are left behind.

Sure, this is hard on Cory as well.
But crawling behind the wheel knowing that you're intoxicated?
There's no excuse good enough to try and justify that...

excitableboy

• Rep: 92
« Reply #458 on: September 05, 2017, 06:16:07 AM »
Crawling, really? Even if he was, can you imagine being in a situation like this, and feeling the driver has any sort of responsibility for what happens to you? I can't. I took that ride. (Not talking legally here, of course.)

RIP P-Stone

augor

• Rep: -25
« Reply #459 on: September 05, 2017, 06:24:59 AM »
To see the world wide skateboard community come together in this time of need for the Maigetter family is beautiful.

The sadness that prevails will be a long battle to overcome.

Rest knowing that your legacy will continue to influence generations.

Pretty Serious

« Reply #460 on: September 05, 2017, 08:32:21 AM »

OnSlapAtWork

• Rep: 15
« Reply #461 on: September 05, 2017, 08:35:04 AM »
Looks like court today for CK.  Good luck dude.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #462 on: September 05, 2017, 10:39:55 AM »
Reading who made donation on that gofundme page is awesome. There are old skaters, young, local skaters, AMs, Euro skaters, retired skaters, TMs, artists, photographers, filmers, SLAP PALS, shoe companies, skate shops, people hated in the industry, people loved, anonymous poeple....etc.  It really is a beautiful thing.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #463 on: September 05, 2017, 11:48:00 AM »
I'll be eating some noodles for a few days so that p-stones kids will hopefully not have to if they decide to go to college.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #464 on: September 05, 2017, 12:55:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Any reliable infos ?
[close]

http://www.vashonbeachcomber.com/news/one-dead-one-injured-after-suspected-dui-crash-wednesday-night/
also a few other local wa news stations. so sad still.

damn, looks like a lot of this money could go to moving costs

new_york_shitty

• Rep: -18
« Reply #465 on: September 05, 2017, 01:56:50 PM »

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #466 on: September 05, 2017, 02:48:04 PM »
I'll be eating some noodles for a few days so that p-stones kids will hopefully not have to if they decide to go to college.
Damn this is the realest thing I've ever read on slap, props to you man.

IHOP

« Reply #467 on: September 05, 2017, 07:38:27 PM »
Quote from: new_york_shitty  link=topic=96452.msg2682994#msg2682994 date=1504645010
http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/suspected-dui-crash-on-vashon-island-leaves-1-dead-1-injured/601835097

Local Washington News Segment

"Preston, also known as 'Big Dog'"

wsg0619

« Reply #468 on: September 06, 2017, 12:58:08 AM »

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #469 on: September 06, 2017, 05:24:34 AM »

Seems like the most reliable and up-to-date source.

"if he?s convicted, he could face anywhere from eight to 10 and a half years in jail."

Damn...

shit_for_brains

« Reply #470 on: September 06, 2017, 05:32:06 AM »
Expand Quote

"if he?s convicted, he could face anywhere from eight to 10 and a half years in jail."

Damn...

They're looking at him for vehicular homicide. Serious serious shit.

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #471 on: September 06, 2017, 05:49:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Damn...
[close]

Isn't that a bit excessive? I think he should do some time for this shit, a person is dead because of him, but this is a dude with no prior record, he's got job, he's a taxpayer, contributing to the society etc. This was clearly one very bad decision.

What the hell is a vehicular homicide anyway? Like intentional?

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1211
« Reply #472 on: September 06, 2017, 05:52:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Damn...
[close]

[close]

Isn't that a bit excessive? I think he should do some time for this shit, a person is dead because of him, but this is a dude with no prior record, he's got job, he's a taxpayer, contributing to the society etc. This was clearly one very bad decision.

Excuse my ignorance because I genuinely don't know, but would this not be more along the lines of vehicular manslaughter? Homicide would imply that it was his intent to have this happen right?
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #473 on: September 06, 2017, 06:11:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Damn...
[close]

[close]

[close]

Excuse my ignorance because I genuinely don't know, but would this not be more along the lines of vehicular manslaughter? Homicide would imply that it was his intent to have this happen right?
Probably, but it is what they've labeled it. The reason it is probably labeled homicide and not manslaughter is that another criminal act was involved. Whereas vehicular manslaughter may be if it was caused by reckless driving infractions, but not an actual criminal offense. It's quite excessive and hopefully, he has good enough lawyers that it can be pleaded down to something with minimal jail time.

It's a very punitive punishment, but it is meant as a deterrent more than an adequate punishment. The big thing is, the law doesn't judge the difference between killing your own passenger who wasn't wearing a seatbelt while impaired but not blackout and the idiot who is 3 times over the limit and kills a kid crossing the road. Most people here would probably that 8 1/2 to 10 years is a fair punishment for the latter. I would also guess on average you are only likely to face a 1/3rd of your sentence behind bars with good behavior as a non-violent offender with this being their first major offense.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #474 on: September 06, 2017, 06:23:12 AM »
Vehicular homicide is criminal negligence in driving (real not self-appointed lawyer please chime in). Something like Cory slamming on the gas around that curve when he knew it was there and was too fast and it predictably resulting in a fatal accident even though the wasn't like "hey let's crash". Could be that with whatever he had in his system mixed with knowing how that road was and knowing he was driving too fast made him criminally negligent at taking the corner at that speed. I think it would be pretty hard to prosecute him on that and it would go down to manslaughter. I have no reason to think that I just do. I am 100% talking out of my ass.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
« Reply #475 on: September 06, 2017, 07:09:17 AM »
the more this comes out the more i feel like corey got a bad toss of the dice here.

.10 isn't too drunk to drive for someone who drinks as heavy as he does, driving fast is definitely not a bright thing to do in those circumstances but how was p-stone in a car with a guy he knows is drinking, who's known to drive fast and doesn't put his seat belt on? especially for a man with two kids that seems like not the best thinking. kind of feels like if he had put his seat belt on the whole situation could be way less serious and would just be b-roll in a skate video.

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #476 on: September 06, 2017, 07:21:34 AM »
the more this comes out the more i feel like corey got a bad toss of the dice here.

.10 isn't too drunk to drive for someone who drinks as heavy as he does, driving fast is definitely not a bright thing to do in those circumstances but how was p-stone in a car with a guy he knows is drinking, who's known to drive fast and doesn't put his seat belt on? especially for a man with two kids that seems like not the best thinking. kind of feels like if he had put his seat belt on the whole situation could be way less serious and would just be b-roll in a skate video.

Would definitely be a different scenario. This is a series of a few bad calls with horrible consequences.

underknowledge

« Reply #477 on: September 06, 2017, 07:37:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Would definitely be a different scenario. This is a series of a few bad calls with horrible consequences.

the article said that the entire passenger side of the vehicle was gone. no seatbelt would have saved him. you don't need alcohol to drive like a reckless idiot. He was speeding in a 15mph zone and lost control of the car. alcohol or sober he fucked up the alcohol just sealed his fate for a long prison term. There's zero tolerance about that shit. If you're in an accident with injured people, even if you drove like a boss and it was completely not your fault and you're under the influence you'll be fucked.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #478 on: September 06, 2017, 08:01:18 AM »
As much as I appreciate SFB talking out his ass about the law (that's a serious statement), I feel like we need Slap's resident lawyer to chime in. Where's tortfeasor at?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #479 on: September 06, 2017, 08:24:43 AM »
As much as I appreciate SFB talking out his ass about the law (that's a serious statement), I feel like we need Slap's resident lawyer to chime in. Where's tortfeasor at?

Or we could just find out what happened when he went to court yesterday