Author Topic: Basic ass tricks that piss you off  (Read 151936 times)

dirtyweemidden

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
Re: Basic ass tricks that piss you off
« Reply #390 on: January 21, 2019, 12:54:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Back feebles. Anybody got any tips about them? Especially about getting into them
[close]

get good at backside 5.0s. then if your tryna feeble a rail, aim to be grinding the corner closest to you - not the top of the rail. all your weight is over your back leg, front foot basically does nothing. shoulders paralel to the rail and eye ahead to the end of the rail
[close]
Thanks man I'll try this out tomorrow. My shoulders are always wrong with every trick so I need to work that out.

shoulders are a funny one. someone told me once that if your shoulders are over the bolts you should be in line eith the board at all times.. doesnt allways work btu give it a try

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #391 on: January 21, 2019, 02:35:53 AM »
I've given up the whole shoulder thing. Its not like you see pro's have their shoulders perfectly aligned either. As long as its not very bad ofc

Brguy

« Reply #392 on: January 21, 2019, 09:24:16 AM »
I've recently learned that you should consider your trucks when doing rails, I always just aimed the board and tried to hit it in the middle, now I've come to the realization that I should consider my trucks and remember my feet will always be a few inches above the rail and they aren't in any way a measure for balance. Also, I feel really good and really regular.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #393 on: January 21, 2019, 01:24:06 PM »
Front shuvs.  Back tails.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

mpiss

• Rep: 2
« Reply #394 on: January 22, 2019, 05:00:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Back feebles. Anybody got any tips about them? Especially about getting into them
[close]

get good at backside 5.0s. then if your tryna feeble a rail, aim to be grinding the corner closest to you - not the top of the rail. all your weight is over your back leg, front foot basically does nothing. shoulders paralel to the rail and eye ahead to the end of the rail
Hey thanks guys I just landed my first feeble today finally. The parallel tip really helped, but the main problem was me having this really bad habit of trying to get on the rail directly to the side of me. I then realized after watching some people doing them that you have to aim way ahead of where you're at to actually grind it and once I did this I didn't even need to lean back because it did it naturally. Sounds stupid and self explanatory to most people but I didn't realize this until watching footage of some of my attempts and comparing them to other skaters.
The year is 2364. Frog will be the only skateboard company.

KRKD1

« Reply #395 on: January 22, 2019, 07:16:18 PM »
Proper front or backside airs.

After watching stella do em so easily I gave up all hope. For the life of me i just cant trust the coping to do the majority of the work for me. I can do it the hard way, ollie 180, tuck hard and float a bit above the coping but I always end up in the flat bottom basically. I have no problem doing flyouts or spine transfers while letting the coping do the work but when it comes to airing out and coming back into a quarter I just cannot for the life of me figure it out, I'm not sure if its trust issues or just something I'll never grasp but I cant even get in the air. No matter how easy kids and trick tips make it look it just dont work for me.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 07:20:40 PM by KRKD1 »

front3

« Reply #396 on: January 26, 2019, 03:49:24 PM »
Tre flips kill me. Can't get them consistent because I don't really know what I do right when I land them. Do you create tension/flex in the board  with your back foot and front foot ?? 

What really helped me with getting kickflips nice is raising your front knee high and then flicking. Watch the candid glitter video on YouTube. @ 10:22 is a great example of this.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #397 on: January 26, 2019, 04:22:51 PM »
Tre flips kill me. Can't get them consistent because I don't really know what I do right when I land them. Do you create tension/flex in the board  with your back foot and front foot ?? 

Mine land behind me all the time. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Halfcab180

• Rep: 8
« Reply #398 on: January 27, 2019, 11:10:13 AM »
One tip for fs shuvs that I haven't seen mentioned yet is that you really have to suck your back foot up after you pop. Focusing on that helps me pop them higher, and not scoop them too hard. If you're having trouble, try jumping backwards (behind you) a little bit, and position your back foot so that the ball of your foot is in the center of the tail and angled a bit. You can also move your back foot a little off-center towards the toe side of your board. They won't pop as high, but that makes the trick a little more manageable while you're learning.

Any tips on not sticking immediately on fs tailslides would be appreciated. I can get into them fine, but can't stop myself from coming out too soon and not sliding.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #399 on: January 27, 2019, 12:23:35 PM »
Any tips on not sticking immediately on fs tailslides would be appreciated. I can get into them fine, but can't stop myself from coming out too soon and not sliding.

Approach the ledge more parallel, lean back (on your heels), go faster, don't ollie too high, and try come out to fakie.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #400 on: January 27, 2019, 01:11:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Approach the ledge more parallel, lean back (on your heels), go faster, don't ollie too high, and try come out to fakie.

If you're sticking and pitching forward most of your problem is in not leaning back enough. If you're doing it properly you'll slip out instead.

stokedtrout

• Rep: 4
« Reply #401 on: January 27, 2019, 03:40:38 PM »

After watching stella do em so easily I gave up all hope. For the life of me i just cant trust the coping to do the majority of the work for me. I can do it the hard way, ollie 180, tuck hard and float a bit above the coping but I always end up in the flat bottom basically. I have no problem doing flyouts or spine transfers while letting the coping do the work but when it comes to airing out and coming back into a quarter I just cannot for the life of me figure it out, I'm not sure if its trust issues or just something I'll never grasp but I cant even get in the air. No matter how easy kids and trick tips make it look it just dont work for me.

There’s a good vid of Willis Kimbel showing how to progress bs kickturns into bs airs. He makes it look real easy.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #402 on: February 02, 2019, 08:16:10 AM »
Any secret to fakie manual/sw nose manny?  It’s my least comfortable manual variation and the one I want the most. My reg, nose, and sw mannys are decent but I can’t hold these for shit.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #403 on: February 02, 2019, 08:52:40 AM »
Any secret to fakie manual/sw nose manny?  It’s my least comfortable manual variation and the one I want the most. My reg, nose, and sw mannys are decent but I can’t hold these for shit.

I got better at fakie when I consciously tried to keep my nose closer to the ground. I was typically scraping so it's not like it's rocket science, but it did help.

Wish I was good at switch manny's... Back 180 switch manny is a dream trick for me.

Which brings me to what pisses me off. How the fuck are motherfuckers rotating into manny's then going straight? Doesn't make sense to me, I always just keep rotating with my momentum.

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #404 on: February 02, 2019, 08:45:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There’s a good vid of Willis Kimbel showing how to progress bs kickturns into bs airs. He makes it look real easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDcW6k4M6t0

I've had little ones off and on and this approach definitely helped.... need to skate bigger tranny more often to really keep them.though...

kritcho

• Rep: 0
    • instagram avatar image
« Reply #405 on: February 05, 2019, 06:16:57 AM »
kickflips! a letter I often get on games of skate as soon as the game starts haha

ZeGerms

• Rep: 12
« Reply #406 on: February 07, 2019, 02:58:02 AM »
kickflips! a letter I often get on games of skate as soon as the game starts haha

Kickflips! Damn there is nothing what i hate and love more at the same time. I forget how to to them properly in like 15 Minutes. Literally Doing them perfect...15 minutes later it looks like falling down a staircase.

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #407 on: February 11, 2019, 05:04:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
(...)
[close]

[close]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDcW6k4M6t0

I've had little ones off and on and this approach definitely helped.... need to skate bigger tranny more often to really keep them.though...

This was a nice little tip. I’m nowhere close to getting proper air, but having fun with those grabbed kickturns which is a thing I hadn’t thought of before.

Zwartwerk

• Keep surfin' the concrete waves
« Reply #408 on: February 15, 2019, 12:05:35 AM »
Seeing that I picked up skating again in January this year and I'm still working on getting my ollie back consistently, I'm not focussing on tricks a lot yet.

But every session I practice BS/FS shuvs, BS 180 , heel and kickflip.

Fuck kickflips forreal. I can't flick the board for shit, I always end up karate kicking my board away.

Fuck that shit (for now).

tony_margera

« Reply #409 on: February 15, 2019, 10:06:37 AM »
fucking heelflips.
never done one and I just don't see it happening id rather sit at home then practice heelflips

ungzilla

« Reply #410 on: February 15, 2019, 10:48:14 AM »
people never have enough weight over their front foot on heels, then it goes all vert towards yo nuts. line up back edge of heel with edge of board, toes hanging over the side, just under the bolts, kick straight out perpendicular to board.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #411 on: February 16, 2019, 12:44:31 PM »
Backside 5-0’s :-\
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Zwartwerk

• Keep surfin' the concrete waves
« Reply #412 on: February 18, 2019, 06:58:06 AM »
people never have enough weight over their front foot on heels, then it goes all vert towards yo nuts. line up back edge of heel with edge of board, toes hanging over the side, just under the bolts, kick straight out perpendicular to board.

Cheers for the advice I'll definitely try it out later this evening!

Zion Wair

« Reply #413 on: March 06, 2019, 03:34:58 AM »
Heelflips and anything to do with heelflips except back hee ls and nollie back heels

Double Pegasus

• Rep: 6
« Reply #414 on: March 06, 2019, 07:39:27 AM »

can you do that thing where you ride straight towards a curb, ollie into a five o "stall" and out? so its like a five o stall in tranny except on a curb? actual back five os are the exact same thing except with a less steep angle towards the curb and more speed. just as in transition the shoulders should be aligned with the board so dont open them too much when popping on to the curb.

edit: oh right, you can balance them if you want to but i prefer to just slam the tail down and suski-ing them slightly. just like a frontside one.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 07:42:26 AM by Double Pegasus »

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #415 on: March 06, 2019, 01:14:54 PM »

try lowering your front foot.

works for me when i'm battling one
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #416 on: March 06, 2019, 01:21:49 PM »
Heelflips and anything to do with heelflips except back hee ls and nollie back heels
I'd appreciate help with back heels, I've only ever landed one

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

shit_for_brains

« Reply #417 on: March 06, 2019, 01:24:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I'd appreciate help with back heels, I've only ever landed one

For 180 heels kick down instead of out

ungzilla

« Reply #418 on: March 06, 2019, 04:26:09 PM »
how about regular frontside heels also known as the hardest fucking trick in the world

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #419 on: March 07, 2019, 02:41:40 AM »
i think about a fs heel as if its a varial heel body varial