Author Topic: Basic ass tricks that piss you off  (Read 152344 times)

E

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
Re: Basic ass tricks that piss you off
« Reply #570 on: August 06, 2019, 07:33:57 AM »
Anyone got BS Feeble tips?

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #571 on: August 06, 2019, 08:01:41 AM »
Anyone got BS Feeble tips?

It helped a lot when I started looking ahead on the rail and jumping forward onto it. That actually helps with a lot of tricks, but especially the bs feeble. Also experiment with pre-pop back foot placement so that you can try to get that pinch. 

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #572 on: August 11, 2019, 04:30:58 AM »
What's up with fiveos mid ledge? I have them anytime if I do them out of the ledge but if I have to pop them out I instantly fall back on my ass, super frustrating. 
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #573 on: August 11, 2019, 05:00:00 AM »
What's up with fiveos mid ledge? I have them anytime if I do them out of the ledge but if I have to pop them out I instantly fall back on my ass, super frustrating.

Do you have good control on ollies out of manuals, because it's essentially the same thing except you go slightly sideways? Ledge end bonk style five-o's are like truck bashes whereas mid-ledge ones you actually have to stay on top and balance them, you want the stability. So maybe try standing on them for longer before you dismount just to see if that's your problem?

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #574 on: August 11, 2019, 04:47:08 PM »

Can't do them backside, but for frontside I think its easier if you drag your tail and slightly angle it like a suski. Might help to think about it like a 5-0 to tailslide then pop out but really really quick. Obviously don't actually drop into a tailslide but the shimmying motion isn't too different.

Torre

• Rep: -30
« Reply #575 on: August 12, 2019, 11:22:43 AM »
Lately, kickflips have been giving me trouble. At times I have good ones and then sometimes I lose them for a session ( actually I don’t lose them but the quality of my kickflips goes down a good amount)
Also a weird one is inward heelflip

Seelew

• Rep: 0
« Reply #576 on: August 14, 2019, 01:24:09 PM »
For some reason nollie heels go up my butthole. I am way better at nollie front heel. It makes no sense

E

« Reply #577 on: August 16, 2019, 08:22:47 AM »
BS Boardslide on a down rail. I can boardslide the longer rail that's on flatground but as soon as I roll up to a down rail I lose all commitment. 100% mental.

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #578 on: August 16, 2019, 11:09:55 AM »
Switch heelflips... I hate them... it's like 1/3 that I crack my board when I am fortunate enough to land one
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 07:19:35 PM by MarxLenin »

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #579 on: August 16, 2019, 12:46:50 PM »
Switch heelflips... I hate them... it'no like 1/3 that I crack my board when I am fortunate enough to land one

Mine just flop for the most part and I hate the feeling of that trick, I approach them like backwards nollie heels and that throws me off. On the other hand, I absolutely love white rappers / switch varial heels and find those dumb easy, for some reason the frontside shove-it helps. Nollie heels work but even then, I'm like the credit card dude above and really prefer to do nollie front heels most of the time. Switch heels also seem to be the number one show off trick in my area right now, just like yo'd out 3 shoves and that doesn't help me appreciating them. I'm much more of a switch flip guy despite learning those much, much later than switch heels.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #580 on: August 19, 2019, 07:55:09 PM »
BS Boardslide on a down rail. I can boardslide the longer rail that's on flatground but as soon as I roll up to a down rail I lose all commitment. 100% mental.
Hop on it kinda on the side then just hop off that way you have a feel for it first. When you're actually trying it just lean forward a little once you get on.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

craig_midnight

• Rep: -2
« Reply #581 on: August 20, 2019, 12:50:21 PM »
Frontside 50-50's just piss me the fuck off. My front shoulder just won't stop turning so i always end up in a shitty front feeble on a ledge. Anyone else have basic tricks that just piss them off to no end?

This is me with Front 5-0 and front tails. Nosegrinds and front crooks aren't as mental for me.

Rein

• Rep: -21
« Reply #582 on: August 28, 2019, 12:39:31 AM »
For some reason nollie heels go up my butthole. I am way better at nollie front heel. It makes no sense

This helped for me.

With regular heels or switch heels, the flick comes quicker after the pop. With nollie heels you have to nollie and then heelflip. The difference is like a fraction of a second, but that was the problem for me.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #583 on: August 28, 2019, 01:30:33 AM »
No complys. I really want to be able to do no comply 360's but the trick just feels so awkward to me and I only get them every so often with absolutely no style involved ha

Reese

« Reply #584 on: August 28, 2019, 01:21:55 PM »
I still can't do stand up grinds or even stalls

Slipping out or awkward toes only scrapes have been my best showings

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #585 on: August 28, 2019, 05:28:12 PM »
No complys. I really want to be able to do no comply 360's but the trick just feels so awkward to me and I only get them every so often with absolutely no style involved ha
my frontside ones suck/ are non-existent but if you wind up your shoulders a lot on a backside one, you can usually pop it 270 and then just revert the final 90 degrees. My style on them sucks too so maybe I should keep following the replies? Anyone remember the user on here with the dude in shorts doing the most perfect frontside 360 one in his sig? shit is textbook

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #586 on: August 28, 2019, 06:22:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
my frontside ones suck/ are non-existent but if you wind up your shoulders a lot on a backside one, you can usually pop it 270 and then just revert the final 90 degrees. My style on them sucks too so maybe I should keep following the replies? Anyone remember the user on here with the dude in shorts doing the most perfect frontside 360 one in his sig? shit is textbook
This just reminded me that I had a dream last night I was doing a ton of them.

Tricks that grind my gears...hmm
Slappies, because they were kind of getting popular when I stopped skating, but that shit blew up and everyone can do them but I don't know where to begin.

Oh and anything other than tricks done in my stance or fake. It's weird I can usually do nollie flips quick, even though I wouldn't even try them except for like once a month, but I never had and still don't have the patience to learn them. It feels weird because I never practiced them, and so they never started feeling more natural. Now I'm older I'm like why would I want to learn something that feels weird? But I need to realize that once I get switch and nollie progress going it will probably feel fun to learn new stuff.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #587 on: August 30, 2019, 12:36:42 AM »
Slappies are probably the hardest trick to teach because what you think you're doing and what you're actually doing are totally different things. This thread does the best job at explaining/breaking them down though: https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=61105.0

My personal advice would be to find a tiny curb (inch tall or less) and go at it with both your feet over the bolts. It'll unlock the part of your brain where they make sense and then it's off to the races. Kinda like wallies, they're one of those tricks that are actually stupid easy once you do a few and you'll wonder why it didn't make sense sooner.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Appleyard777

• Rep: 0
« Reply #588 on: August 31, 2019, 05:55:21 AM »
Kickflip.... Seems very common that the basic kickflip is an issue for even more advanced guys

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #589 on: September 01, 2019, 05:49:39 AM »
3fucking60 fucking flips,  FUCK EM

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #590 on: September 29, 2019, 02:12:41 AM »
Frontside flips, I should really have them down by now. My body just twists, seems to get stuck and I kick the board out.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #591 on: September 29, 2019, 08:52:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Can't even begin backside, but the trick to frontside is put the back foot in the pocket and keep it between the legs. It will feel horribly uncomfortable but it's the only way I've figured out how to control them. I also do the full pop, bring it around way, as oppose to pivot at the end. Not saying it's better but there may be another technique for the other way.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #592 on: September 29, 2019, 02:41:24 PM »
Funny you quoted that as I was working on my backside ones over the weekend. Like your frontside tip, if you put your foot deeper into the pocket you can pretty much pop them 270 without too much trouble. I also put my front foot on the ground in wider stance than I would for the 180 versions if that makes sense?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 04:42:46 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #593 on: September 29, 2019, 03:00:46 PM »
360 flips. been battling them for ten fuckng years ive fnally accepted that its just not a trick for me.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #594 on: October 01, 2019, 01:47:12 AM »
360 flips. been battling them for ten fuckng years ive fnally accepted that its just not a trick for me.

I accepted this fact for myself when i was at my peak of skateboarding and just couldnt figure them out, dont think ive even tried one for over 5 years now.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #595 on: October 01, 2019, 05:40:21 AM »
360 flips make a lot more sense to me nollie/switch which is something I’ll just have to accept and move on I guess.

Back tails are so frustrating as I always land on them then they stick or I fall off. I only landed it once.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

E

« Reply #596 on: October 01, 2019, 12:08:24 PM »
You guys should keep trying 360 flips. I also never thought I'd get them but try to fling a couple every time I skate and I've only landed a handful but I've landed some.

Sometimes I get a new board with a slightly larger wheelbase and it throws off the scoop so maybe try a shorter wheelbase board, or stick with the same exact deck dimensions for a little bit and see if it helps.

tranny in the streets

• Rep: 12
  • Gronk
« Reply #597 on: October 02, 2019, 02:58:23 AM »
Back 5050s and Front boards. I can't fucking front board a flatbar, I've done it before but I've gotten close to eating the rail and I just don't try them anymore. I am terrified of back 5050s also (even on ledges) especially after seeing my friend smash his face on the floor on an over-waxed ledge. I've probably done more flip back 5050s than back 5050s tbh, and those can be counted with fingers on one hand. I just can't control my ollie properly it seems. I am doomed to suck ass at ledges and rails.

Crooked grinds as well, used to have them on rails but now I just get into a noseslide when I try them on ledges. I can think of every way I'm doing it wrong but I just can't bring my body to do it right, it's annoying as fuck!

Also, switch pop shuvs and switch back 180s. Man I am blowing it!

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #598 on: October 02, 2019, 05:36:20 AM »
I have never had k-grind pop out. I've done a few, but I'm not comfortable with them, which is weird since I got both bs and fs nosegrind pop out.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1209
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #599 on: October 02, 2019, 02:39:57 PM »
I have never had k-grind pop out. I've done a few, but I'm not comfortable with them, which is weird since I got both bs and fs nosegrind pop out.

Same.  Any time I pop out to regular, it feels more like luck than anything else.  I mainly just fall out to fakie and feel a twinge of shame.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.