Author Topic: Basic ass tricks that piss you off  (Read 151947 times)

Skatebeard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 129
Re: Basic ass tricks that piss you off
« Reply #1080 on: November 06, 2020, 09:47:12 AM »
Went out again yesterday and smashed out a few more varials, so it seems i've got them back (touch wood).

Fakie varials definately easier of the two...starting to realise that I seem to strongly favour Fakie tricks on flatground, easier to catch, feel and look nicer, and more consistent.

slappy50

• Rep: 17
  • gear madness abounds
« Reply #1081 on: November 11, 2020, 11:43:09 PM »
ollies. literally ollies. for how simple and fundamental they are, they are becoming the bane of my life! i’ve heard people say it took them 6 months to get decent ollies and i was kinda surprised but now that i’m learning them myself it’s understandable why it takes so long. i can do other stuff too, i like skating transition and can do other basic tricks that don’t require ollies. it just seems like i’ve hit a wall on my skating where i gotta learn how to ollie at long last. and so the battle begins.. with that, anyone got any pointers/secrets that come to mind that’ll help a beginner out?

shalom pals
niggling

[/quote]

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1890
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1082 on: November 12, 2020, 12:00:35 AM »
ollies. literally ollies. for how simple and fundamental they are, they are becoming the bane of my life! i’ve heard people say it took them 6 months to get decent ollies and i was kinda surprised but now that i’m learning them myself it’s understandable why it takes so long. i can do other stuff too, i like skating transition and can do other basic tricks that don’t require ollies. it just seems like i’ve hit a wall on my skating where i gotta learn how to ollie at long last. and so the battle begins.. with that, anyone got any pointers/secrets that come to mind that’ll help a beginner out?

shalom pals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrOCMjotAuw&ab_channel=JustKeepSkating
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZhMXWkPsWw&t=24s&ab_channel=JustKeepSkating

If you got the fundamentals down then it's a matter of timing and muscle memory, while not neglecting body posture. Body posture basics like not dipping your head, hunching your shoulders too much or sticking your ass out too much.

Post up a video if you feel so inclined so we can judge you for you choice of setup and shoes. But mostly to give pointers on technique.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

slappy50

• gear madness abounds
« Reply #1083 on: November 12, 2020, 12:08:05 AM »
Expand Quote

shalom pals
[close]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrOCMjotAuw&ab_channel=JustKeepSkating
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZhMXWkPsWw&t=24s&ab_channel=JustKeepSkating

If you got the fundamentals down then it's a matter of timing and muscle memory, while not neglecting body posture. Body posture basics like not dipping your head, hunching your shoulders too much or sticking your ass out too much.

Post up a video if you feel so inclined so we can judge you for you choice of setup and shoes. But mostly to give pointers on technique.
can’t post video (idk how rn lmao) but my setup is an 8.75 anti hero with ace 55s and like 50mm conical fills 101a + 1/8 riser. oh also skating blazer mids or rowan pros

i think i’m having trouble getting my foot to travel up the board. like how it’s supposed to kinda roll and slide up the board? when i try to do that my foot comes off the board while i “pop”, and then bonks the nose when the board comes up.

and also like when i’m tryna “pop” i’m keeping my back foot on the board too long and not *really* jumping but that comes with time/practice i think
niggling

[/quote]

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 96
« Reply #1084 on: November 12, 2020, 03:14:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

shalom pals
[close]

[close]
can’t post video (idk how rn lmao) but my setup is an 8.75 anti hero with ace 55s and like 50mm conical fills 101a + 1/8 riser. oh also skating blazer mids or rowan pros

i think i’m having trouble getting my foot to travel up the board. like how it’s supposed to kinda roll and slide up the board? when i try to do that my foot comes off the board while i “pop”, and then bonks the nose when the board comes up.

and also like when i’m tryna “pop” i’m keeping my back foot on the board too long and not *really* jumping but that comes with time/practice i think

practice practice practice and it will all come together eventually, skateboarding is really hard! make sure when youre trying them you are rolling, and when I was learning I found going over something small (for me it was hockey sticks) or up a curb helped trick my brain into committing to it. then make it a game of going up or over bigger and bigger things (in small increments). keep those shoulders square!

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1085 on: November 12, 2020, 10:43:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

shalom pals
[close]

[close]

[close]

practice practice practice and it will all come together eventually, skateboarding is really hard! make sure when youre trying them you are rolling, and when I was learning I found going over something small (for me it was hockey sticks) or up a curb helped trick my brain into committing to it. then make it a game of going up or over bigger and bigger things (in small increments). keep those shoulders square!

I think a lot of experienced skaters forget how difficult and non-intuitive an ollie is. On the surface it's jumping but with your board, but the fact you have a moving platform under you complicates things.

Just getting the motion of the pop, snapping your tail down, is a vital step that experienced skaters take for granted. Just practicing getting a solid snap on your tail (no pop, kind of like you're scraping your tail to stop) is a good start.

Next, focus on getting a solid drag, more forward than up. I think it's more important to have a low but leveled out ollie than one that is high but rocket (like I have them).

Another thing I notice when beginners learn to ollie is how far they have their front foot behind their bolts when they ollie. Your skateboard is like a catapult, the more weight you have closer to the fulcrum / pivot point (your truck) the less stable you well feel, even more so as you crouch down to setup your ollie. Front foot just behind the bolts is a good place to start; you aren't competing with Danny Wainwright or Reese Forbes in a high ollie contest, and even they don't have their front foot too far back.

After this it's a matter of 1000s of repetitions while paying attention to your form. Like all martial arts (or sports), 1000s of reps means nothing if you're form is crap. Kicking a sandbag 1000s a day in kickboxing is pointless if I'm hunched over, flat footed and not getting my hip into the kick to enhance the impact. Be mindful of your head position, how much you're hunched over, is your butt sticking out and are your shoulders in line with your board. It's far less sexy than looking at tutorial of people doing boned out ollies with shit explanations, but I'm all for fundamentals over flash.

(sorry for the wall of text, too much coffee after lunch)
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

slappy50

• gear madness abounds
« Reply #1086 on: November 12, 2020, 11:40:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

shalom pals
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I think a lot of experienced skaters forget how difficult and non-intuitive an ollie is. On the surface it's jumping but with your board, but the fact you have a moving platform under you complicates things.

Just getting the motion of the pop, snapping your tail down, is a vital step that experienced skaters take for granted. Just practicing getting a solid snap on your tail (no pop, kind of like you're scraping your tail to stop) is a good start.

Next, focus on getting a solid drag, more forward than up. I think it's more important to have a low but leveled out ollie than one that is high but rocket (like I have them).

Another thing I notice when beginners learn to ollie is how far they have their front foot behind their bolts when they ollie. Your skateboard is like a catapult, the more weight you have closer to the fulcrum / pivot point (your truck) the less stable you well feel, even more so as you crouch down to setup your ollie. Front foot just behind the bolts is a good place to start; you aren't competing with Danny Wainwright or Reese Forbes in a high ollie contest, and even they don't have their front foot too far back.

After this it's a matter of 1000s of repetitions while paying attention to your form. Like all martial arts (or sports), 1000s of reps means nothing if you're form is crap. Kicking a sandbag 1000s a day in kickboxing is pointless if I'm hunched over, flat footed and not getting my hip into the kick to enhance the impact. Be mindful of your head position, how much you're hunched over, is your butt sticking out and are your shoulders in line with your board. It's far less sexy than looking at tutorial of people doing boned out ollies with shit explanations, but I'm all for fundamentals over flash.

nono, that was great. i worked on them today, based off pretty much what you said as well as the two videos posted earlier. the idea of like flicking my foot down to initiate the jump rather than stepping all the way down (stomping it) then jumping really helped. i actually got some off the ground today! i started holding onto a cabinet in my garage then tried them barely rolling on flat in the garage (it’s raining :( ) then slowly got going faster. i practiced for maybe 2 hours? and by the end of it, my ollies were maybe an inch or so off the ground? either way they were OFF THE GROUND! what i want to work on now is getting the ollie to go forward, so to speak. like get it so that the board is kinda in front of me a lil bit rather than directly underneath. by the end of the session i was getting pretty consistent and i think my like 2.5 years of skating directly before finally deciding to learn ollies really helped me out.  i’ve gone through like 3 plies of my tail in the last week practicing ollies lmao. the other thing i’m experiencing is occasional ghost pop, does that go away with practice? i don’t really wanna go down the rabbit hole of truck/deck combinations. i have ace and that’s it. sorry for wall of text and wack formatting, it’s late and i typed this improv. anyhow, thanks for all the help PALS! i will update later if something interesting happens.

shalom
niggling

[/quote]

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1087 on: November 13, 2020, 12:35:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

shalom pals
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
nono, that was great. i worked on them today, based off pretty much what you said as well as the two videos posted earlier. the idea of like flicking my foot down to initiate the jump rather than stepping all the way down (stomping it) then jumping really helped. i actually got some off the ground today! i started holding onto a cabinet in my garage then tried them barely rolling on flat in the garage (it’s raining :( ) then slowly got going faster. i practiced for maybe 2 hours? and by the end of it, my ollies were maybe an inch or so off the ground? either way they were OFF THE GROUND! what i want to work on now is getting the ollie to go forward, so to speak. like get it so that the board is kinda in front of me a lil bit rather than directly underneath. by the end of the session i was getting pretty consistent and i think my like 2.5 years of skating directly before finally deciding to learn ollies really helped me out.  i’ve gone through like 3 plies of my tail in the last week practicing ollies lmao. the other thing i’m experiencing is occasional ghost pop, does that go away with practice? i don’t really wanna go down the rabbit hole of truck/deck combinations. i have ace and that’s it. sorry for wall of text and wack formatting, it’s late and i typed this improv. anyhow, thanks for all the help PALS! i will update later if something interesting happens.

shalom

All in the toes, and calf. I used to think you had to stomp them, like bring your back foot off and smash it down hard like you were killing a cockroach.

Ghost pop happens for all setups, your current setup should be good for now. But when the gear madness hits just pop on over to Shoes & Gear; we'll bring you down the rabbit hole.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

slappy50

• gear madness abounds
« Reply #1088 on: November 13, 2020, 07:02:24 PM »
anyone got tips or practice steps for getting my back straighter? i’m doing what ben degros talked about with the hinging back thing, but not as bad. im working on that as well as getting them more forward. i spent an hour or so throughout the day today between online classes and got outside to cruise and try to pop some and it was great. i found a little bank to do weenie ollies into but practice is practice. im trying to get comfortable doing them a little bit faster and eventually to cruising speed, so i can hop over sewer grates and up curbs etc.
niggling

[/quote]

treflips_up_yer_nan

« Reply #1089 on: November 16, 2020, 06:44:35 AM »

shalom pals

Get a cardboard box and try ollying over it. Then get a bigger one, and then a bigger one and so on. Eventually you'll lose your fear and progress real fast. I went from incapability to ollie over a stick to ollying 6 boards easy in a span of 10 months  :D Just practice and youll get there!

treflips_up_yer_nan

« Reply #1090 on: November 16, 2020, 06:49:51 AM »
Frontside pop shove its. Not the shitty kind that barely gets off the ground but ones that go straight up and straight down. im getting real, real close and Im getting nods from dudes at spots so im doing something right, but damn its one fucked up trick to learn

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #1091 on: November 16, 2020, 08:15:06 AM »
i think i open my shoulders up too much during kickflip. sometimes in the air my left hand goes so far back it touches my right arm (regular).

The wear on my shoes is all wrong too i think. I get holes super fast on like the inside of my big toe, when I see most other ppl have it closer to their ollie hole.

idk what to do to fix. I spent some time just holding my arms out straight like an airplane to try to stop it. Kind of tempted to just grab a broomstick and hold it out in front of me so i stop opening my damn shoulders so much

treflips_up_yer_nan

« Reply #1092 on: November 16, 2020, 08:24:08 AM »
i think i open my shoulders up too much during kickflip. sometimes in the air my left hand goes so far back it touches my right arm (regular).

The wear on my shoes is all wrong too i think. I get holes super fast on like the inside of my big toe, when I see most other ppl have it closer to their ollie hole.

idk what to do to fix. I spent some time just holding my arms out straight like an airplane to try to stop it. Kind of tempted to just grab a broomstick and hold it out in front of me so i stop opening my damn shoulders so much

Send a video if you do that sounds absolutely hilarious  :D

anon

• Rep: 53
« Reply #1093 on: November 17, 2020, 05:24:41 PM »
i can't not over-rotate back disasters

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #1094 on: November 17, 2020, 06:50:34 PM »
I think Mcrank said the key is to not dip your head, leave your shoulders facing the opposing wall.

It's ok to over rotate the bottom half....just not the upper.....

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #1095 on: December 03, 2020, 05:03:11 PM »
Crooked grinds... I can do them slappy on curbs and parking blocks and feel good getting out, but have the hardest time getting out of them on ledges... I just fall off onto my board every now and then. Tips would be appreciated!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 05:16:02 PM by Urtripping »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1096 on: December 03, 2020, 05:16:13 PM »
Crooked grinds... I can do them slappy on cribs and parking blocks and feel good getting out, but have the hardest time getting out of them on ledges... I just fall off onto my board every now and then. Tips would be appreciated!

I would tell you to have more of your weight and alignment over the top of the obstacle you're grinding and less over to the side (basically the ideal position is to be crushing the front truck directly from above with the back foot inside the concave just for guidance) and maybe approach it more like a b/s nosegrind than like a noseslide conceptually if that makes sense, but I'm really too jealous that you can get high enough to slappy cribs.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1097 on: December 03, 2020, 05:39:03 PM »
1/2 Cab Noseslide 270 out

Had fun trying them before I torqued my ankle slightly. I'm not rotating enough and slowly during the exit to regular, all 4 wheels are on the concrete before I pivot / revert / wheel scrape 180 instead of just 90 degrees or less. Any tips of getting a more natural rotation out?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #1098 on: December 03, 2020, 05:46:39 PM »
Pivot to fakie... i just can’t fathom it. Or maybe i just can’t commit.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #1099 on: December 03, 2020, 05:50:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Crooked grinds... I can do them slappy on cribs and parking blocks and feel good getting out, but have the hardest time getting out of them on ledges... I just fall off onto my board every now and then. Tips would be appreciated!
[close]

I would tell you to have more of your weight and alignment over the top of the obstacle you're grinding and less over to the side (basically the ideal position is to be crushing the front truck directly from above with the back foot inside the concave just for guidance) and maybe approach it more like a b/s nosegrind than like a noseslide conceptually if that makes sense, but I'm really too jealous that you can get high enough to slappy cribs.

Just don't be afraid to really bash the front truck, but lean back too... don't know how to explain it really, it just works. Slappied the crib the other day.

approach it more like a b/s nosegrind than like a noseslide conceptually if that makes sense

I think this is my problem when it comes to ledges honestly, gonna reframe that shit next time I'm out trying them
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 05:57:57 PM by Urtripping »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1100 on: December 03, 2020, 07:49:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Just don't be afraid to really bash the front truck, but lean back too... don't know how to explain it really, it just works. Slappied the crib the other day.

Expand Quote
approach it more like a b/s nosegrind than like a noseslide conceptually if that makes sense
[close]

I think this is my problem when it comes to ledges honestly, gonna reframe that shit next time I'm out trying them

The not sure if this is applicable to your situation, but the two pieces of advice that helped me were to:

A) Have all my weight on top of the ledge, really standing over the grind.

B) Go faster.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1101 on: December 03, 2020, 08:32:46 PM »
Focus on getting your truck on the ledge, not just the nose. Weight over the truck, not the nose. Ollie slightly higher than you think you'll need, if you're slipping off it sounds like you're not getting high enough to get a secure lock into the edge.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #1102 on: December 04, 2020, 03:17:06 AM »
Pivot to fakie... i just can’t fathom it. Or maybe i just can’t commit.

I remember them feeling unfathomable until I learned them, like you almost have to already be able to do them before you can do one for the first time haha. But things I think help are -

Your body has to be in the position of rock fakie, maybe even leaned back more than you would a rock fake as well. Don't turn your upper body, just your legs, and don't get on top of the coping as much as a regular 50 stall.

Lean your weight away from the back of the board in both directions, away from the tail and the ramp

And the main bit is the heel toe magic. Get into the 50 with only the heel side of your truck on the coping, with all your weight on your heel. When you're ready to come in transfer all your weight to your toes. If your body is in the right place then your board will come straight back in.

And yeah they take a lot of commitment. Learn them on something that isn't too steep and you're not afraid to hang up / shoot out on. 
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1103 on: December 04, 2020, 06:55:59 AM »

This one and its nollie counterpart elude me too even though I do nollie tails and halfcab noses a lot, to the point where I'd be more comfortable trying to pretzel out the other way, but I know exactly why, it's because I don't want to commit to a 360 trick from that position, a lot of the rotation is blindside and it's pretty scary launching yourself off the obstacle that particular way. But if I really wanted to learn them I think I'd focus on the 360 and not the noseslide/tailslide part to the point where locking in would be an afterthought, so my shoulders would be aligned with what I'm actually trying to do. I kind of see it like when people do, say, halfcab k b/s 180 out and it looks like they really just kind of caballerial'd with some nosepick action in the middle. You gotta trust the trick and momentum and dare to shift your weight, which is exactly what I know at least I don't do. Kind of similar to people first learning bigspins and constantly slipping out because they underestimate how much they need to spin and are (again) scared to commit to so much. For nollie tailslide to fakies I literally imagine I'm doing a frontside 180 nollie on flat with an accessory tailslide in the middle, the flow of the motion is everything so I assume one has to approach the boosted version the same way. Also one thing I'm just now realizing that also resonates with that logic is I used to do switch boardslide 270's a lot and those always felt like flatground switch 360 ollies to me where you'd just delay the rotation a tiny bit.

On occasion I do do this shitty trick where I'll land into manual after a halfcab nose by accident and have too much momentum in my upper body so to stay on the board I'll spontaneously revert back to fakie from there, so it's like a halfcab nose 270 on the wrong truck but that's a mistake and not the real thing. That reflex actually happens a lot to me as a 'save' to roll away from ledge tricks I catch myself accidentally landing on the back truck, even simple front boards.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 07:04:42 AM by silhouette »

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1104 on: December 05, 2020, 03:10:26 PM »
Im trying to learn fs 180 switch manuals but with the exception of a fluke here and there, can’t seem to find the balance point to get into the manual.

Anyone have any advice?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #1105 on: December 06, 2020, 01:01:54 AM »
Try facing forward before you pop and keep shoulder turning to a minimum. To compensate, scoop the back foot in the pocket a lot more than you would for a regular front 180.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #1106 on: December 06, 2020, 01:16:45 AM »
Nollie fs 180. I have every other 180 motion locked but I’ve always struggled with this variation the most for some reason. I can land them 40% of the time sketchy but it’s maybe 5% that’s actually popped and clean. In fact today, after a long session of trying semi dangerous tricks on rails and stairs, a nollie fs 180 on flatground tweaked my ankle and ended my session.

I try to think of it like a halfcab when setting up my feet and how I move my shoulders but it feels so different. How do you guys set up for it?

Grind King Rims

« Reply #1107 on: December 06, 2020, 01:23:36 AM »
For nollie fs 180s I sort of hang a bit of my heel off the pocket with my toes middle of the nose and have my back foot sort of mid foot, maybe a bit heelside. I actually love that trick, I'm very consistent with them but I don't pop them too high either so Idk.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1108 on: December 06, 2020, 04:26:19 PM »
Fakie flip and fakie heel. I am always sleeping out. I never stay on the board.
Also half cab, I know I should just try for an hour but I always forget. I only do them in games of SKATE. I can still do them but they are ugly as fuck. And when I try to pop them it does a weird half cab heel.

Try doing it to Fakie 50 on a good curb. Sounds weird but it will trap the board so you can meet up with it.

Like Fakie shuvs. To do a big one I gotta have a tall box or manny pad to land on. Up is easier than flat.

Borrow the will of the spoon
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1109 on: December 06, 2020, 07:27:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This one and its nollie counterpart elude me too even though I do nollie tails and halfcab noses a lot, to the point where I'd be more comfortable trying to pretzel out the other way, but I know exactly why, it's because I don't want to commit to a 360 trick from that position, a lot of the rotation is blindside and it's pretty scary launching yourself off the obstacle that particular way. But if I really wanted to learn them I think I'd focus on the 360 and not the noseslide/tailslide part to the point where locking in would be an afterthought, so my shoulders would be aligned with what I'm actually trying to do. I kind of see it like when people do, say, halfcab k b/s 180 out and it looks like they really just kind of caballerial'd with some nosepick action in the middle. You gotta trust the trick and momentum and dare to shift your weight, which is exactly what I know at least I don't do. Kind of similar to people first learning bigspins and constantly slipping out because they underestimate how much they need to spin and are (again) scared to commit to so much. For nollie tailslide to fakies I literally imagine I'm doing a frontside 180 nollie on flat with an accessory tailslide in the middle, the flow of the motion is everything so I assume one has to approach the boosted version the same way. Also one thing I'm just now realizing that also resonates with that logic is I used to do switch boardslide 270's a lot and those always felt like flatground switch 360 ollies to me where you'd just delay the rotation a tiny bit.

On occasion I do do this shitty trick where I'll land into manual after a halfcab nose by accident and have too much momentum in my upper body so to stay on the board I'll spontaneously revert back to fakie from there, so it's like a halfcab nose 270 on the wrong truck but that's a mistake and not the real thing. That reflex actually happens a lot to me as a 'save' to roll away from ledge tricks I catch myself accidentally landing on the back truck, even simple front boards.

Finding that speed and just focusing on the rotation out is helpful. I do they really shitty, I'll rotate out to regular and slide the remaining 180 on the ground a 1/2 second after my wheels make contact with the ground. I'm going to try getting my left shoulder (I ride regular) points parallel to the ledge instead of perpendicular, so that will help with exit rotation. I was thinking if it helps to visualize the exit to nose manual and pivot off from there.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m