Author Topic: Basic ass tricks that piss you off  (Read 151950 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Basic ass tricks that piss you off
« Reply #1110 on: December 07, 2020, 12:27:52 AM »
about those nollie fs 180s: i have no guidelines for this trick other than i basically just try to do a nollie and lead the turn with my shoulders and if i popped the nollie clean at the right time it just stays under me. it's one of those switch/nollie tricks i'm less consistent with than the fakie counterpart but i usually do them better than those or their reg counterpart. like sw fs shoves or sw fs 180s for me personally.

i don't know why, but fakie the same trick works different for me. i scoop those way more and thus tend to overrotate those and not get as much pop at them as the nollie ones.

matted_afro

• Rep: 0
  • where's the 10mm
« Reply #1111 on: December 10, 2020, 10:22:44 AM »
Pop shuvs for sure. Half the time I land primo.

twic3

• Rep: 14
« Reply #1112 on: December 10, 2020, 01:18:35 PM »

Lift your front foot straight up when you pop it.

Ironically I am terrible at doing normal shoves, I have to pop it everytime which is very inconvenient when I just want to switch my board around during a line.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #1113 on: December 10, 2020, 01:27:53 PM »

Put your back foot in a front shuv or ollie position instead of a scoopy one, no toe hanging off.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #1114 on: December 11, 2020, 02:57:58 AM »
Whenever I do a front shove it's always about 10 degrees short of coming the whole way round, no matter what I do. Also pop shoves are pretty much the only trick I can get any height on, but frontside ones just drag along the ground even if I pop the shit out of them
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #1115 on: December 11, 2020, 03:35:12 AM »
Half cab manuals. I have no idea why they don't work for me.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #1116 on: December 11, 2020, 05:20:25 AM »
I want to tail block desperately.

what are you trying it on?

And what’s the problem?

I learned on concrete banks, something that your tail isn’t going to slip out on (like round metal coping)

A lot of people think it’s just clicking the board up to your hand, but that’s not it at all. There is actually a tiny ollie into it, you just hop up into the tail.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 05:33:50 AM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #1117 on: December 11, 2020, 05:44:04 AM »
Half cab manuals. I have no idea why they don't work for me.

This is one of my only manny tricks. You gotta go at a good speed and pop early as you would any fakie trick, but the biggest thing for me is in my shoulders. When I'm getting ready to pop I preemptively start turning my shoulders to the point where they're almost parallel to the pad. That way the half-cab up feels more stable and I just have to worry about the manual, which is a can of worms in itself as any manual trick is for me, haha.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1118 on: December 11, 2020, 06:18:32 AM »
I think the key to pretty much all 180 to manual tricks is to turn your shoulders as little as possible in the air. Also landing at 90 and pivoting the last bit helps to stop your momentum so you can hold the manual
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #1119 on: December 11, 2020, 08:16:24 AM »
I think the key to pretty much all 180 to manual tricks is to turn your shoulders as little as possible in the air.

This. Halfcab manny/nosemanny is exactly like a normal ollie into manny/nosemanny but you come from an awkward angle (rolling up to the obstacle fakie and all that) and essentially correct that approach into your usual posture as soon as you pop, with your shoulders leading the way. By the time your tail even hits the ground, you should already have less than 45 degrees left of turning to do with your upper body, be facing the right way and positioned for a normal manny/nosemanny you would have just carved into from fakie. Don't think about the halfcab.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #1120 on: December 12, 2020, 01:24:04 AM »
fuckin back tails on tranny. tried em for a good 20 minutes the other day and cant force my weight up onto the deck. any tips?

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1121 on: December 12, 2020, 06:44:33 AM »
Don't try to as much, stay leant way into the ramp, point your front foot a bit and scoop the fuck out of your back foot the way you would to do a revert on the floor. turn your shoulders before you start to turn to the point where you don't even need to turn them any more while doing the trick.

Edit - unless you mean slides, in which case I assume you can already stall them. I'm not the best at them but it's kind of the same technique as a stall but go at more of an angle that feels comfortable and exaggerate the movement in a bit. You need to push your back foot beyond your bodyweight to make it slide

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1122 on: December 12, 2020, 07:27:12 AM »
fuckin back tails on tranny. tried em for a good 20 minutes the other day and cant force my weight up onto the deck. any tips?

i only did this on small like chest high tranny, but trying to pop into it helped me. with tall transition i only managed to bs tailtap and always do it like a glorified kickturn. i can't even bs tail on street, with tranny i just kind of know how to whip the bs ollie so i can smack my tail, but the shoulders have to be aligned right or it's slip out season.

WobbleHeadBob

« Reply #1123 on: December 12, 2020, 02:59:37 PM »
sick,thanks Billy n Frank. ill keep those tips in mind next sesh

vicious cycle

• Rep: 160
« Reply #1124 on: December 25, 2020, 01:18:39 PM »
Varial Heels. I had them on lock before i stoped skating   for a long time. Since i'm back on the board, they come and go. Sometimes session to session. I think i landed some of my best varial heels ever this summer. Just to find myself trying and missing every try for the next 2 weeks.
Made me sleepless
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1125 on: December 25, 2020, 02:24:34 PM »
I like to do everything Fakie regs or switch. I'm wasn't really down to improve my nollie flips etc as a kid.

The are always like trying to hit a home run with your eyes closed.

I would like to change that to little light low effort putting green nollie flip or heel.

Casual not CRACK flip POW.
I need command of this trick so badly but it's usually More like a 90° head bang or a slip out palm slap on polished plaza marble or on porous skatepark ground...

It's got to be my shoulders because I have most flip 80s and shuv flips with in a few trys. Nollie tre 1/30?-40 trys in flat maybe. On a really good day.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1126 on: December 25, 2020, 09:21:12 PM »
Do ollie blunts and pivot to fakie count as basic tricks?

Both of those I used to have down on anything, but neither want to work for me any more.

They are probably the two most basic of mini ramp tricks that any decent ramp skater should have in their bag, but balance issues and lazy skateboarding means they are often missing in action or very sloppily done.  Pivot to fakie I tend to slide in more than pivot in and blunts usually go sideways if I don't just jump off.

Not a big deal either way as I know things are going downhill but sometimes it is so frustrating that they just don't want to work.
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

WobbleHeadBob

« Reply #1127 on: December 26, 2020, 04:07:50 AM »
Do ollie blunts and pivot to fakie count as basic tricks?

Both of those I used to have down on anything, but neither want to work for me any more.

They are probably the two most basic of mini ramp tricks that any decent ramp skater should have in their bag, but balance issues and lazy skateboarding means they are often missing in action or very sloppily done.  Pivot to fakie I tend to slide in more than pivot in and blunts usually go sideways if I don't just jump off.

Not a big deal either way as I know things are going downhill but sometimes it is so frustrating that they just don't want to work.

dunno about basic but i know what you mean, either eway both of those tricks scare the piss out of me

nolliecrooked

• Rep: -23
« Reply #1128 on: January 23, 2021, 11:23:33 AM »
the good and old regular heelflip, weird ass trick, I can do shovit heels, bs heels, ss heel stuff, but regular heel is never consistent and a lot of times go out all fucked up rocket etc

I only do those on game of skates and shit, I quitted trying to be good at it lol

WobbleHeadBob

« Reply #1129 on: January 23, 2021, 01:09:10 PM »
the good and old regular heelflip, weird ass trick, I can do shovit heels, bs heels, ss heel stuff, but regular heel is never consistent and a lot of times go out all fucked up rocket etc

I only do those on game of skates and shit, I quitted trying to be good at it lol

I been the same for a good ten years dude!
my buddy who has em dialed gave me a tip last summer that really helps - 'its a side of your foot flip' & the foot set up is way closer to an ollie position than the grom-ass toes off the side shit i was doing

tha being said, i stil suck at them but a little less than i did before haha