Author Topic: Pets dying sucks  (Read 1156 times)

Mark Renton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
Re: Pets dying sucks
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2022, 12:58:49 AM »
I’m sorry @ok boomer 

I’m replying to this cos even tho my doggo (8 yo) is still alive I had the craziest episode yesterday.

I was walking into the office building with my doggo and she naturally went for the lift as usual. Like waited there like a person then in and out.

This is a stupid episode I know and I had way better ones but yesterday I stood there by the lift for a while and it all hit me at once and I was like “fuck I’m gonna miss this when she’s gone”.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2022, 07:27:01 AM »
I’m sorry @ok boomer 

I’m replying to this cos even tho my doggo (8 yo) is still alive I had the craziest episode yesterday.

I was walking into the office building with my doggo and she naturally went for the lift as usual. Like waited there like a person then in and out.

This is a stupid episode I know and I had way better ones but yesterday I stood there by the lift for a while and it all hit me at once and I was like “fuck I’m gonna miss this when she’s gone”.

If it makes you feel any better, both of my dogs had kind of random things once a year or every 2 years before anything legit went downhill. My remaining dog has had weird things , as you mentioned, since she was 4 (now 11 and a half). I miss my boy dog all day every day. Easily my best friend of all time.

Unfortunately, since my boy died in June last year, my girl dog has gone downhill without her sidekick. First, she had a vestibular episode 2 months after he died, where her head was crooked and she was off balance. I had a previous dog do this and maybe lasted a year afterwards. She also has an auto immune thing where she gets random ear / skin infections, but we have medicine for that. But, in the last month she also has gone blind. Me and my wife are having the "quality of life" talks currently... and even though she can't see me, she is still wagging her tail and reaches her paw for me. Does not seem in pain... but this shit sucks. Especially after losing my G like 9 months ago. The vet also said it is possible that she has "more going on in there" but any of those kind of tests cost thousands and "wouldn't really help at her age"

This is her, Shelby

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2022, 07:51:29 AM »
Sorry I'm late, but all love and condolences for the loss of your shorty... I'm a big time cat dad and lost two senior kitties that I raised since they were little, it's as demolishing as losing any member of the family that you care for.

We don't deserve the company of these little babies, but we're damn sure lucky to spend the time we have with them.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2022, 01:40:41 PM »
I’m so sorry for your loss @ok boomer