Author Topic: Update on Cory Kennedy case?  (Read 179786 times)

gub

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Update on Cory Kennedy case?
« Reply #390 on: April 07, 2021, 11:27:42 AM »
just chiming in here with the argument that while mccrank was and is a great skater and a top talent in his time, girl putting him on definitely marked a new/different age vs the first generation of former world dudes. mileage will vary on what girl's golden age was

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #391 on: April 07, 2021, 11:30:13 AM »
McCrank lives in Australia now right? Could start a GANG ! with Brophy

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #392 on: April 07, 2021, 12:29:44 PM »

IIRC, he posted something on his IG a few months back about how his daughter was grown and he was selling a bunch of his big ticket items in advance of his move. Like most of the rest of the world, he's probably stuck where he is for at least the next 4-6 months
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #393 on: April 07, 2021, 12:55:31 PM »
just chiming in here with the argument that while mccrank was and is a great skater and a top talent in his time, girl putting him on definitely marked a new/different age vs the first generation of former world dudes. mileage will vary on what girl's golden age was
BA, McCrank, and Colin were the start of the second wave, as guys like Jovantae, and Gavin retired. With P-Rod, Jereme, and Robbie being the first Ams put on since Jeron and Tony Ferguson a bit after.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #394 on: April 07, 2021, 01:26:19 PM »
I don't really track McCrank's movements or anything, but I had just assumed he has been down under for a while.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #395 on: April 07, 2021, 01:37:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

IIRC, he posted something on his IG a few months back about how his daughter was grown and he was selling a bunch of his big ticket items in advance of his move. Like most of the rest of the world, he's probably stuck where he is for at least the next 4-6 months
[close]

I thought he was doing that in like 2019. unless he is married to someone there I don't think he can move to Australia, he is too old.

I believe that his wife or fiance was Australian, but I am no McCrank expert. Further, as a Canadian citizen, isn't it easier to get to other parts of the commonwealth?

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #396 on: April 07, 2021, 01:48:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I thought he was doing that in like 2019. unless he is married to someone there I don't think he can move to Australia, he is too old.
[close]

I believe that his wife or fiance was Australian, but I am no McCrank expert. Further, as a Canadian citizen, isn't it easier to get to other parts of the commonwealth?
[close]

I thought that too, but being Canadian doesn't really help. being a UK citizen seems to help a lot though. by far the greatest number of immigrants to Australia are from the UK. like 2x as many as the next group, which is from NZ
Being Canadian help's. I know quite a few people who moved their from Canada. But, I'm pretty sure that's why the favorable visa exchange stuff only applies for like 20-29.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #397 on: April 07, 2021, 09:54:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He showed up to the park I was skating in Vancouver last Friday so safe to say he’s still in Canada. He was ripping

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #398 on: April 07, 2021, 10:23:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

He showed up to the park I was skating in Vancouver last Friday so safe to say he’s still in Canada. He was ripping
Username checks out. Thank you for tracking that man, Mantracker.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 10:52:03 PM by jakeumms »
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #399 on: April 07, 2021, 11:17:25 PM »
There's this new griptape company called MILES GRIPTAPE and Cory is one of the guys on the team so he should be out pretty soon. I can't wait to see him skate again he's my all time favourite

> yoo, i am on the team of this new GRIPTAPE company MILES
> say no more fam
  *opens jail gates*

(jk, hope he's out soon and back at skating, hope nike puts out his allcourts again but i doubt it)

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #400 on: April 09, 2021, 07:50:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Username checks out. Thank you for tracking that man, Mantracker.

Hahaha. I aim to please!

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #401 on: April 09, 2021, 09:52:16 AM »
Inside tip , gets out April 19th

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #402 on: April 09, 2021, 11:26:21 AM »
If I remember correctly Jeron mentioned that he will be coming home soon on one of the Nine Club Experience episodes either last week or the week before. It was a quick comment when someone metioned CK so there weren't any details or insight.

alex

• Rep: 34
« Reply #403 on: April 09, 2021, 01:28:58 PM »

Serious question with weed being legal in Washington and this dude living there, being a pot head etc. will he be allowed to smoke immediately?
Suns out, im going skating. chow

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #404 on: April 09, 2021, 01:39:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Serious question with weed being legal in Washington and this dude living there, being a pot head etc. will he be allowed to smoke immediately?

0.00% chance that someone getting out of prison early for killing someone with a DUI will be permitted to drink alcohol or smoke weed without being immediately returned to prison. He will be tested regularly

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #405 on: April 09, 2021, 01:44:39 PM »
Expand Quote
There's this new griptape company called MILES GRIPTAPE and Cory is one of the guys on the team so he should be out pretty soon. I can't wait to see him skate again he's my all time favourite
[close]

> yoo, i am on the team of this new GRIPTAPE company MILES
> say no more fam
  *opens jail gates*

(jk, hope he's out soon and back at skating, hope nike puts out his allcourts again but i doubt it)

Its called pleading the grip.

passtheish

• Rep: 6
« Reply #406 on: April 09, 2021, 01:44:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

0.00% chance that someone getting out of prison early for killing someone with a DUI will be permitted to drink alcohol or smoke weed without being immediately returned to prison. He will be tested regularly

Yeah most likely a probationary period, with regular check-ins to make sure he's staying on track. He is getting out on good behavior so that could mean they'll be more lenient on his probation. But I'm no legal expert, just speculation

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #407 on: April 09, 2021, 05:24:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah most likely a probationary period, with regular check-ins to make sure he's staying on track. He is getting out on good behavior so that could mean they'll be more lenient on his probation. But I'm no legal expert, just speculation

also doubt 4/20 means anything to people went to prison...but yea its most likely he has to show no sign of recreational drugs or alcohol for a perceivable future.

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #408 on: April 09, 2021, 06:07:42 PM »
Can't wait for Cory to get out this month.

Would love to see new footage, but also stoked if he just mellows with his family. He's had a lot of losses this past year, on top of his current situation.

RIP Stone, Free CK1.

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #409 on: April 09, 2021, 06:25:29 PM »
He lost his first dog, lost Preston who was his best friend, gave up his house on a private island for Preston’s wife and kids that he bought off his Nike salary, took full responsibility for the whole situation  like a man. Why the fuck is there still hate? He more than owned up to his shit.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #410 on: April 09, 2021, 06:47:44 PM »
He lost his first dog, lost Preston who was his best friend, gave up his house on a private island for Preston’s wife and kids that he bought off his Nike salary, took full responsibility for the whole situation  like a man. Why the fuck is there still hate? He more than owned up to his shit.

Where are you seeing anything resembling "hate" recently, in this thread?

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1044
« Reply #411 on: April 09, 2021, 06:49:36 PM »
I have high hopes for him after release. From the little I’ve seen, it appears he has a good support system in place.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #412 on: April 09, 2021, 07:01:26 PM »

Whats this about? ... I’m not doubting he sold a house, or even gave his profits to Prestons family.. but a house on a private island seems pretty ridiculous from a nike salary for a skateboarder.

And I absolutely agree he has owned this like a man.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #413 on: April 09, 2021, 07:21:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Whats this about? ... I’m not doubting he sold a house, or even gave his profits to Prestons family.. but a house on a private island seems pretty ridiculous from a nike salary for a skateboarder.

And I absolutely agree he has owned this like a man.
He had a house on Vashon Island which is where the accident also took place. It's not like a private Epstein type of island but it's not super developed. The transfer of the house to Preston's family was I think part of his settlement with them.

Nike riders are easily making an upper middle class income and can afford to buy houses.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #414 on: April 09, 2021, 08:02:14 PM »
Not doubting they can, was just confused by private island haha

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #415 on: April 09, 2021, 08:34:22 PM »
It’s not private, you can take the ferry there from south Seattle. But it is nice, secluded and expensive.

slimeballs

• Rep: -33
« Reply #416 on: April 09, 2021, 11:24:29 PM »

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #417 on: April 10, 2021, 01:03:28 AM »
That gaff is class
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #419 on: April 10, 2021, 02:41:10 AM »

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"