Author Topic: Update on Cory Kennedy case?  (Read 179974 times)

jakeumms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1303
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
Re: Update on Cory Kennedy case?
« Reply #420 on: April 10, 2021, 04:07:01 AM »
It's a cute house but it's kinda got the same layout as a condo on a huge plot of land?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
« Reply #421 on: April 10, 2021, 05:17:54 AM »
lol @ calling Vashon a “private island”
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

BroBruhBra

• Rep: -20
« Reply #422 on: April 10, 2021, 07:01:23 AM »
What a tragic. That house is cute and the yard is dreamy. If I lived there I'd go straight recluse.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #423 on: April 10, 2021, 09:33:24 AM »
I thought he had a house on the water. Was that his parents?
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

slimeballs

• Rep: -33
« Reply #424 on: April 10, 2021, 10:20:03 AM »

Why do you know this?

just randomly. I was looking for a house with a big lot to build my own skatepark and a buddy up there pointed out his place

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #425 on: April 10, 2021, 10:21:36 AM »
lol @ calling Vashon a “private island”
ok thanks

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #426 on: April 11, 2021, 06:01:28 AM »
Okay sorry it’s not a “private” island it’s more akin to Shelter Island on LI where rich ass people live. Better ?

whaaaaat

• Rep: 46
« Reply #427 on: April 11, 2021, 06:38:00 AM »
Okay sorry it’s not a “private” island it’s more akin to Shelter Island on LI where rich ass people live. Better ?
Not to beat this to death, because it probably doesn’t really matter. But I live about 10 miles from Vashon & I’d just call it an island. Average house prices are more than on the mainland (you know, cause limited supply) but I wouldn’t call it exclusive or “for rich people” by any means. Lots of nice places, but also plenty of old, run down properties and such too. I just googled Shelter Island, and it is definitely not like that! That’s some east coast generational wealth shit. Google downtown Vashon Island, you’ll see an average, mostly rundown, main street. Not exactly lifestyles of the rich and famous out there. 

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #428 on: April 11, 2021, 06:42:22 AM »
did you not click that link posted? $800k for that
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

whaaaaat

• Rep: 46
« Reply #429 on: April 11, 2021, 07:02:39 AM »
Yeah, it’s on 5 acres. 5 acres pretty much anywhere in the puget sound region these days is gonna push a $1m - “rich people island” or not

coneklr

« Reply #430 on: April 11, 2021, 08:11:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah, it’s on 5 acres. 5 acres pretty much anywhere in the puget sound region these days is gonna push a $1m - “rich people island” or not

Yeah, prices, lack of family around and politics is why I left WA for AZ a few months ago.  Anything west of the pass (fuck even close to the pass on the east side) is ridiculously priced.  My rent on a 2br/2ba in Tacoma was $2000/month.  I love WA for what it offers in Nature but wasn't into almost everything else.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #431 on: April 11, 2021, 08:34:40 AM »

Are you aware of what $800,000 buys you in the greater Seattle area? A tear-down lot in a nice neighborhood is half a million. The islands have some mansions on them, usually nearer to the water or with uninterrupted views, but they have way more double-wides, old hippies living an acre of land they bought in ‘83, and native Salish.

Vashon is categorically not a rich person’s island. You can insist on this all you want or you can listen to the people from the northwest who actually know what they are talking about.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #432 on: April 11, 2021, 09:06:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Are you aware of what $800,000 buys you in the greater Seattle area? A tear-down lot in a nice neighborhood is half a million. The islands have some mansions on them, usually nearer to the water or with uninterrupted views, but they have way more double-wides, old hippies living an acre of land they bought in ‘83, and native Salish.

Vashon is categorically not a rich person’s island. You can insist on this all you want or you can listen to the people from the northwest who actually know what they are talking about.

cool. however i think you have a vastly different idea of what “rich” than i do. i also never called it a “rich person island” i just pointed out the price of that house. and after briefly looking real estate around, the typical  house is not obtainable to a person making an average income.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #433 on: April 11, 2021, 09:15:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

cool. however i think you have a vastly different idea of what “rich” than i do. i also never called it a “rich person island” i just pointed out the price of that house. and after briefly looking real estate around, the typical  house is not obtainable to a person making an average income.

Have you considered that your definition of rich may skew slightly less realistically than the wealth of experience others here have had with the island?  I lived there for two years, dirt poor after I graduated college. No rich parents, no savings, and I lived there. Rented a room from a woman with a $1200 mortgage. After everyone's anecdotes I really can't see what more evidence you need

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #434 on: April 11, 2021, 10:33:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Have you considered that your definition of rich may skew slightly less realistically than the wealth of experience others here have had with the island?  I lived there for two years, dirt poor after I graduated college. No rich parents, no savings, and I lived there. Rented a room from a woman with a $1200 mortgage. After everyone's anecdotes I really can't see what more evidence you need

But there's an $800,000 house there, on five acres of land!

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #435 on: April 11, 2021, 01:03:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Isn't the Seattle area booming and really expensive relative to a ton of American cities? People should see what 800K USD buys in the Toronto area (you won't be impressed).

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #436 on: April 11, 2021, 05:10:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Isn't the Seattle area booming and really expensive relative to a ton of American cities? People should see what 800K USD buys in the Toronto area (you won't be impressed).

Half a million for a tear down lot in a crummy neighborhood is normal

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #437 on: April 11, 2021, 05:13:56 PM »
you live in a fantasy world if you think that’s normal

waffle

• Rep: 124
« Reply #438 on: April 11, 2021, 05:25:02 PM »

You clearly have no experience with real estate ownership in Seattle so it’s really weird to see you choosing this as your hill to die on.

I’ll take a (1cm) stretch and assume you have no experience with home ownership at all - try looking at cheaper CoL west coast cities and see what $800k will buy you.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #439 on: April 11, 2021, 05:37:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You clearly have no experience with real estate ownership in Seattle so it’s really weird to see you choosing this as your hill to die on.

I’ll take a (1cm) stretch and assume you have no experience with home ownership at all - try looking at cheaper CoL west coast cities and see what $800k will buy you.

i am generally speaking. wealth does not change based on geography regardless of cost of living. just because there are multiple west coast city where 800k doesn’t get you very much does not mean that is inexpensive. and i own my home
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 05:45:29 PM by straight fucking edge »

Hefe43

• Rep: 176
« Reply #440 on: April 11, 2021, 06:06:33 PM »
Why not PM each other and argue over the price of real estate and who knows more about it pooseys?

Spare the rest of us
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1096
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #441 on: April 11, 2021, 06:07:50 PM »
Why not PM each other and argue over the price of real estate and who knows more about it pooseys?

Spare the rest of us
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

ricky bobby

« Reply #442 on: April 11, 2021, 06:21:10 PM »
Expand Quote

Spare the rest of us
[close]

passtheish

• Rep: 6
« Reply #443 on: April 11, 2021, 06:52:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Spare the rest of us
[close]
[close]

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #444 on: April 11, 2021, 07:01:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Spare the rest of us
[close]
[close]
[close]

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #445 on: April 12, 2021, 09:12:29 AM »
Who knew a class war would erupt in the middle of this thread.....

Kids...this is a stupid conversation adults have every day.....and its mind numbing.....

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #446 on: April 12, 2021, 02:05:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Spare the rest of us
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Big_Dingus

• Rep: 5
« Reply #447 on: April 12, 2021, 02:19:26 PM »
 doesn't Steve Rocco live on an island in a renovated trailer or something? Island Life is where its at.
I hope Cory can find his paradise again.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #448 on: April 12, 2021, 05:45:40 PM »
Since we’re talking about real estate allow me to put my mature 2 cents in. Best part of home ownership is the grilling and backyard ramps, worst part is you can’t hear your neighbors fuck anymore.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1576
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #449 on: April 12, 2021, 06:11:00 PM »
Since we’re talking about real estate allow me to put my mature 2 cents in. Best part of home ownership is the grilling and backyard ramps, worst part is you can’t hear your neighbors fuck anymore.

8)
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate