Author Topic: Why isn't Antoine pro?  (Read 9896 times)

Jonny Utah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -32
Re: Why isn't Antoine pro?
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2017, 08:34:47 PM »
idk, why isn't Tyson Peterson pro?

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2017, 09:22:05 AM »
who will be the Jackie Robinson of the accent aigu

Bodied
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Grind King Rims

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2017, 09:22:25 AM »
I remember the last time this question (or some other variant) came up, someone said he's been exactly as good as he is now since he was like 15. So maybe this issue is that he isn't progressing?

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2017, 09:39:51 AM »
idk, why isn't Tyson Peterson pro?

i feel like this will happen soon and i will gladly buy my first element product in probably a decade
good come sausage

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2017, 09:47:53 AM »
One of his friends told me he didn't get along with the full Real team the first time they all hung out. Since then he's gotten more in with the team I hear. But lately I've seen he's been wearing tons of Alltimers gear, not sure if he'll be on Real for long.

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2017, 09:48:42 AM »
can someone post the gif of him ollieing the pole and then putting the shades on and pushing really fast
good come sausage

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2017, 10:08:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Please tell me I'm wrong that the most successful guys out of that province are PLG and Pagoo....
[close]

I think youre right. Max Dufour had a pro board way back, but Quebec doesnt pump out too many pros.

Ottawa on the other hand....Wade, Spenny, McCrank, Gailea Momoulu, Im sure i forgot someone too.
[close]
You're forgetting the best of them all. Birdhouse Pro, Tom Green.
[close]

You know Ottawa's a city and not a province, right?
[close]

yea yea, comparing cities, thats all. Few came out of Toronto too, right, Weiss? and Bokma. Who else?

Grew up in Ottawa and sbmfj missed the first awesome skater to make it out of Ottawa. That's T-ferg! sbmfj is either too young or has no respect.

sbmfj

• Rep: 56
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2017, 11:40:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Please tell me I'm wrong that the most successful guys out of that province are PLG and Pagoo....
[close]

I think youre right. Max Dufour had a pro board way back, but Quebec doesnt pump out too many pros.

Ottawa on the other hand....Wade, Spenny, McCrank, Gailea Momoulu, Im sure i forgot someone too.
[close]
You're forgetting the best of them all. Birdhouse Pro, Tom Green.
[close]

You know Ottawa's a city and not a province, right?
[close]

yea yea, comparing cities, thats all. Few came out of Toronto too, right, Weiss? and Bokma. Who else?
[close]

Grew up in Ottawa and sbmfj missed the first awesome skater to make it out of Ottawa. That's T-ferg! sbmfj is either too young or has no respect.

My bad!! Forgot about Tony. And he was on Girl, legend status. Im "old" -- 40. But quite the roster out of Ottawa compared to Montreal. Think its a language thing? 

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2017, 11:46:11 AM »
can someone post the gif of him ollieing the pole and then putting the shades on and pushing really fast

i need this
good come sausage

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2017, 12:23:03 PM »
Culturally PQ is on its own shit....the rest of Canada doesn't even get it, so why would the rest of the world.....thats why I'm psyched that Dime is getting so much hype....it goes against everything that has happened so far.....good for them.  I'm sure if Dime made boards he'd have one.

PQ also hasn't had good outdoor parks which makes a difference too...pretty sure that's finally changing....

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 716
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2017, 02:12:24 PM »
I remember the last time this question (or some other variant) came up, someone said he's been exactly as good as he is now since he was like 15. So maybe this issue is that he isn't progressing?

Interesting that it keeps coming up though, usually somebody says "why isn't so-and-so pro" then they either go pro or disappear pretty quick. I can't think of anyone else that this question keeps coming up for over years.

Last dude I remember in this scenario was Benny Fairfax

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 884
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2017, 02:17:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Interesting that it keeps coming up though, usually somebody says "why isn't so-and-so pro" then they either go pro or disappear pretty quick. I can't think of anyone else that this question keeps coming up for over years.

I can't think of a full Benny Fairfax part, and I also can't think of a full Antoine part so this makes sense.

poowizard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2017, 04:41:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i need this

tried searching for it but no dice. I'm too lazy to make one.

SK8houses

• Rep: -2
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2017, 02:49:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I can't think of a full Benny Fairfax part, and I also can't think of a full Antoine part so this makes sense.

antoine rips and this is 6 years old

sbmfj

• Rep: 56
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2017, 06:33:16 AM »

PQ also hasn't had good outdoor parks which makes a difference too...pretty sure that's finally changing....

Changing at a snails pace, the parks are horrible. Blame the unions.

EmilioBestevez

• Rep: 71
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2017, 07:07:41 AM »
Probably because having a pro board doesn't pay shit, but being co-owner of Dime does.....

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2017, 02:29:42 AM »
antoine rips and this is 6 years old

definitely older than that. he's also had parts in the three dimestore vids.

Culturally PQ is on its own shit....the rest of Canada doesn't even get it, so why would the rest of the world.....thats why I'm psyched that Dime is getting so much hype....it goes against everything that has happened so far.....good for them.  I'm sure if Dime made boards he'd have one.

still surprised dime hasnt got into the deck game. maybe itd become more of conflict of interest for sponsored skaters to wear their stuff if it were a board brand? i guess a lot of the guys who'd be on are already getting hooked up by alltimers anyway

SK8houses

• Rep: -2
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2017, 02:58:51 PM »
8 years old*
antoine has been killing it for ever and has had more than just dimestore parts. this should be changed into an antoine appreciation thread. he has had more video parts than some people who have been recently turned pro in 2017. he has paid his dues and has been smart about it by starting his own operation.

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2017, 03:07:30 PM »
Real's history with Canadian skaters isn't that great IMO

They turned sluggo pro and I think that's it.

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2017, 04:23:52 PM »
Funny to think he ended a shared part with kyle walker in 2015 for real and since then walker won soty, a pro deck and his own vans shoe.

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2017, 04:46:26 PM »
Funny to think he ended a shared part with kyle walker in 2015 for real and since then walker won soty, a pro deck and his own vans shoe.

Yeah its pretty crazy to think about! I wanna hear how he tried to sabotage his Susmonts part haha.

Pretty sure Dime is owned by Phil, Antoine, and possibly someone else. But yeah, sadly I don't think he will ever go pro for Real. Would be amazing if Antoine and Spenny went pro for Alltimers. And Will Marshall too. Would become such a stacked pro team overnight.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2017, 04:52:09 PM »
He brings nothing new to the table.

Same tricks and skating for 10 years, stale

Will Marshall is 1 part away imo, and Spencer IS pro just no board. ( likely due to injury concerns, being canadian, smoker, late 20's)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 04:57:40 PM by Tracer »

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2017, 08:03:51 PM »
He brings nothing new to the table.

Same tricks and skating for 10 years, stale

Will Marshall is 1 part away imo, and Spencer IS pro just no board. ( likely due to injury concerns, being canadian, smoker, late 20's)

Yeah he will def need to quit smoking cigarettes if he's gonna make it as a pro skater.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2017, 08:22:10 PM »
Everytime I click on this thread, I think it's about Antwuan Dixon.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2017, 01:43:48 AM »

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • Free Max B
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2017, 12:39:07 PM »
you idiots still aint figure out being a professional skateboarder has nothing to do with skateboarding yet? ask your local hometown hero why he got a 9-5 and could still outskate your favorite AM that gets paid more than your favorite pro. Its simple really. You gotta be sucking the right dick at the right time if you wanna go anywhere with this skate shit kid. Free Max B

PS what the fuck ever happened to that Massimo kid? that one part to jackson 5 or whatever was insane. Free max b
FREE MAX B

OnSlapAtWork

• Rep: 15
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2017, 01:36:35 PM »
you idiots still aint figure out being a professional skateboarder has nothing to do with skateboarding yet? ask your local hometown hero why he got a 9-5 and could still outskate your favorite AM that gets paid more than your favorite pro. Its simple really. You gotta be sucking the right dick at the right time if you wanna go anywhere with this skate shit kid. Free Max B

PS what the fuck ever happened to that Massimo kid? that one part to jackson 5 or whatever was insane. Free max b

He lives in LA and works at the airport loading packages I'm pretty sure.  Still skates with Ernie/Brockel and the Real dudes in LA.

bad joke

• Rep: 156
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2017, 01:43:45 PM »
Everytime I click on this thread, I think it's about Antwuan Dixon.

and every time i look at you i go blind buddy

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • Free Max B
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2017, 01:54:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Bummer. Kid was skating over trashcans standing up at tompkins 10 years before it became a thing.

Free max b

He lives in LA and works at the airport loading packages I'm pretty sure.  Still skates with Ernie/Brockel and the Real dudes in LA.
FREE MAX B

wilog

• Rep: -23
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2023, 06:54:16 AM »
Expand Quote
i recently found out he's the full owner of dime
[close]
Also the murder suspect of Eric Riedl
erm