Author Topic: streaming skate videos?  (Read 1929 times)

jc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -73
streaming skate videos?
« on: September 26, 2017, 01:49:23 PM »
I'm currently in the process of organizing my skate video collection via plex and it feels good. Soon enough I'll be able to stream my videos everywhere I go on any device. Have any of you dudes ever heard of plex? we should all have a set up like this. mostly because I know you guys have some videos I haven't seen in years.  ;)

« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 01:51:25 PM by jc »

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
Re: streaming skate videos?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 02:01:05 PM »
i have several shoe boxes full of dvds and vhs tapes, but i honestly dont remember the last physical skate video i bought. cherry maybe.

for newer stuff, i just put everything from my computer onto an sd card on my tablet and I can stream off that to my firestick.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 02:02:01 PM »
Honestly, I just watch shit on youtube 99% of the time now though.

jc

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 02:15:08 PM »
Plex is great though because you can share your library with anyone you choose to. Imagine you want to watch a skate flick that isn't anywhere else online but one of your Plex homies has it. Well wham now you can watch it on ANY device with internet service via their app or the web. I have terabytes of movies and skate videos I need to sort through. Plus it's free.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 07:21:23 PM »
i have several shoe boxes full of dvds and vhs tapes, but i honestly dont remember the last physical skate video i bought. cherry maybe.

for newer stuff, i just put everything from my computer onto an sd card on my tablet and I can stream off that to my firestick.

Wanna sell me a Mindfield DVD?  ;D

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 08:39:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wanna sell me a Mindfield DVD?  ;D

There's been a few times where I've thought about selling them all, but it's not an easy collection to part with. As of right now they all sit in my closet and I can't even remember the last time I watched a physical skate video. I'm trying to buy a house right now, and I want to hang on to them at least until after I move and settle in. My big plan is to have a spot either in the garage or the basement where I can have all my cool shit. Guitars, drums, stereo, and a shitty 4:3 TV for my skate videos. I just don't have the room for that kind of setup in my apartment, but I think that once I do, I'll utilize it.

If I ever decided to sell the collection, it will be on slap before I go to ebay. I'm not someone who really hoards things or keeps things for sentiment. I actually really like going through my stuff and throwing shit away or donating it, but the skate video collection would be so hard to give up.

jc

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 10:54:49 AM »
don't ever sell that shit! you'll regret it.  :-\

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 11:22:38 AM »
I use Plex for all my bootleg movies. Just nice to have a library of stuff along with Netflix and what not. I have skate DVDs too but like someone said, Youtube sort of answers all that and even most things being online now and in HD, it's almost easier to watch things that way.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

orionskate

• Rep: -14
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2020, 12:13:43 PM »

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2020, 02:02:21 PM »
Shoutout to JB, I hope he's doing well

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2020, 06:58:06 PM »

skatehypecom

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 12
    • Skate Hype avatar image
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2020, 02:07:38 AM »
Check skatehype.com https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=112401.0 all 60fps videos watch exactly equal from DVD.

We can help you to make a perfect DVDRIP for upload.
We are just skateboarders and filmers OG's trying to make a good DIY