Author Topic: Andy Roy: EPICLY LATER'D  (Read 21850 times)

Burt Ward

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
Re: Andy Roy: EPICLY LATER'D
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2017, 03:51:20 AM »
Just watched this with my girl and she said, "He'd be really good looking if it wasn't for the teeth and the throat tattoo, and I love his voice!".  My self-esteem took a beating. Good episode but. Can't believe they didn't bring up the "Snuggle Bandit" interview though.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2017, 04:32:52 AM »
i thought it was pretty heavy? i mean it sounded like andy didn't have the best time growing up, and basically without skateboarding he would most likely be dead. the ending section with jim was pretty emotional.

one thing is for sure, i'm not ever buying a skidmark magazine thing or gonna back consolidated. dudes are kooks.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 539
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2017, 04:39:31 AM »
This was great, i'll probably watch this again tomorrow. Andy clearly loves skateboarding on a level a lot of people may not ever know and that's the whole reason i like him

And God bless Jim Thiebaud, he is genuinely the greatest man ever

shark tits

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2017, 04:41:44 AM »
that was cute that he really was stealing boards as a hoarder.
'we didn't fire jesse paez. keenan let him go'.
birdo's a giant!
andy made it sound like karma and he destroyed consolidated office but karma stayed on for yrs after [so did jason jessee, right? feel like the driven was much later].
great episode, cheers odell!

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2017, 05:58:40 AM »
Another great episode,however Consolidated being Consolidated is already at it:

I get if it's taking criticism and making light of it,but that whole derby section was stupid and playground shit. I know some skaters and people behind the scenes are sensitive,but god damn! Andy didn't retract his statement either which made it even better.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2017, 06:30:05 AM »
Consolidated vs Andy is complicated ... they did something that they though is the best for their company and Andy is super loyal to his friend. Andy should move on.

It could look that including that scene was bad taste, but it really showed a raw side of Andy, the way his mind really works.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2017, 06:40:04 AM »
Good episode, I wish they got into more prison stories and whatnot but I'm glad Pat and Andy didn't sugarcoat anything in this episode.

I thought it was pretty clear that Consolidated saw this as an opportunity to get free advertising on Vice, regardless of how poor they came off (and that's only relative to who empathizes with Andy Roy). Those shirts posted above only back my point up. Going to a skatepark sans board to try and fight someone because they said your brand sucks is childish shit.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

shark tits

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2017, 06:59:09 AM »
i like action but yeah, shit was 20 yrs ago. andy roy's on some rambo 'to me it's not over, birdo! it's not over for me!'
i love the diss 'birdo can barely grind derby'.
skateboarding is awesome and the whole 'i don't wanna go out like a fuckin junkie, i'm a skateboarder' hit for me [and prolly a lot of us].
i bet it's hard for andy, when i'm enthusiastic people laugh nervously and it's hard to have real interactions. andy's a lot crazier looking than i am so i can just see people's reaction to him being isolating. don't wanna project too much...

bo golden

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2017, 07:31:12 AM »
wow! this episode is so good!  never been a huge fan of Roy, but this definitely changed my perspective of him. His love for skating is undeniable.  I hope Julien takes him out of timeout.

Birdo and Cornsolidated can go fuck off!  and that dude that went and told, fuck him too!  that was some major pussy shit to roll up into the park like that and then not do shit.  Props to Andy for standing his ground and like I said, FUCK CORNSOLIDATED and THOSE DUMBASS FUCKING BANANA SHOES!

maurice povich

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2017, 07:56:24 AM »
Clearly Birdo and Skidmark Mike signed waivers to be on tv.

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2017, 08:42:38 AM »
I didn't think it was possible for me to dislike Consolidated anymore after they revamped their lame ass campaign against Nike but this episode seals the deal.  Birdo, that other fuckboy and Consolidated are fucking clown shoes. (And the banana shoes they make are kinda like clown shoes)  Andy would of raped their asses in prison.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2017, 09:00:54 AM »
Consolidated vs Andy is complicated ... they did something that they though is the best for their company and Andy is super loyal to his friend. Andy should move on.

It could look that including that scene was bad taste, but it really showed a raw side of Andy, the way his mind really works.
Firing a dude because his wife is pregnant isn't very complicated, its just a pure dick move. What is weird to me is that he said he and Karma went and trashed Consolidated, but Karma rode for them for several years after Jesse was gone

And whoever assumed Andy got kicked off consolidated for his junkie ways, why the hell would he get a better sponsor immediately after?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

calvinsdream

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2017, 09:32:41 AM »
The comment sections on those Consolidated insta posts are gold.

Nike's done more for consolidated than anyone else in the last 10 years

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2017, 09:33:56 AM »
What's funny is I saw a girl from Modesto. Never been to the city prior to meeting her and this was like 10 years ago. But man...that place is a total dump aside from some good Mexican food. Funny how Andy is original from there even though he reps SF hard.

In an odd way, I wouldn't even mind a Epicly Later'd for Consolidated. I just don't know of that company at all and it's been around forever. I never knew Andy road for them.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2017, 09:34:50 AM »
I'm heading into this hating Andy Roy. Will this change my mind?

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2017, 09:50:22 AM »
I'm heading into this hating Andy Roy. Will this change my mind?

Almost definitely. I fucken loved him before his modern "hype-man" schtick though so I might be biased.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2017, 10:58:55 AM »
quality episode. enjoyed how he opened up about his problems with his parents around, seems like a tough subject to talk about especially since it seemed like he got some of it from his mom's lifestyle. did not know he was a father, but seeing the segment about his skate camps and how he seems so cool around kids just reinforces how cool he is, minus the previous drug use and prison stints.

GHOSTFACE420

• Rep: -7
  • lean
    • Legoman's Weed Smokin' Paradise avatar image
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2017, 11:25:18 AM »
i remember watching that andy roy skate camp vid when it came out and thinking it was a joke. good episode, wish it went a little more into his warstories/snuggle bandit but i think armed robberies on drug dealers, giving as many girls herpes as you can and raping people in prison is a little too hot even for vice. def respect andy more after watching this
i never pour up nothing less than a 4

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2017, 11:33:12 AM »
I am in the dark on the snuggle bandit thing. What is this?
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
    • shop lurker avatar image
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2017, 11:45:53 AM »
I am in the dark on the snuggle bandit thing. What is this?

He earned the name while he was locked up.

Tell us about your new nickname.

Oh, the Snuggle Bandit! Well check it out. I’m horny, I don’t got no shame in my game, you know? And, uh, when they jump in the shower and they come back to the bed. I’ll be on their bed, and IÂ’ll just kick back on their bed and go, “Hey, come on, let’s hang out.” And they’ll lay down, and I’ll corrupt their minds, manipulate them. ’cause I’m a good manipulator. And then I’ll vandalize their bottoms. There’s a variety. There’s bubble butts, some with flat asses–

In regards to Herpes:

What about Jay Adams? Is Jay out right now?

Jay just out of Hawaii prison, and I think he’s in like the work-release-type program I’m in, and I just talked to him the other day, and he’s got two years clean, and if I’m going to listen to anyone, I would be him. Because I ran with him on the streets of Santa Cruz when he came here, and we fucking destroyed this town and punished people and ran over old ladies and gave my herpes to every girl I could. I will never get my herpes taken care of, I will have them forever. I love herpes because when they flare, it’s on like Donkey Kong.

Source: https://crustandcommerce.wordpress.com/2009/05/04/andy-roy-the-big-brother-interviews/

Mad Max

« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2017, 11:48:02 AM »
Seriously Fongstarr?
That's some skateboarding lore. Dig out his old Big Brother interview and all will be explained.
Sometimes when I browse this forum I get the feling kids aren't up on their skate trivia anymore. Or I'm getting old..?

Never much of a fan of screaming Andy Roy but this episode definitely had me respecting the guy a lot more with his back story.

I think the snuggle bandit stuff was probably even too hot for mainstream Vice as was said earlier, even though I did perceive a slight touch on the subject of prison rape during that moment on the couch with his parents. Real serious stuff.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3328
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2017, 11:50:06 AM »
Birdo should change his name to Bear-o

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2017, 11:52:51 AM »
I enjoyed it, and Andy absolutely is complicated. I understand 19 boards really isn't much to DLX, but it's a really big dick move for guys who've always had his back. That part made me lose a fair amount of respect he gained for the positives O'dell pointed out. I know I love the world era guys who did much worse in regards to stealing stuff, but a big difference between punk kids thinking Rocco was ripping them off, and a 46 year old man given a chance by arguably the best boss in skating.

But, it did make me like him more than his antics on KOTR, and I hope he can eventually find stability.

I'd also add. Can we get a Jim T epicly later'd? We finally got the Heath one and are about to get the Muska one I've always wanted. Please give us Jim T, Stranger and Rickk next year.

Also, the snuggle bandit has to do with this.

Tell us about your new nickname.

Oh, the Snuggle Bandit! Well check it out. I’m horny, I don’t got no shame in my game, you know? And, uh, when they jump in the shower and they come back to the bed. I’ll be on their bed, and IÂ’ll just kick back on their bed and go, “Hey, come on, let’s hang out.” And they’ll lay down, and I’ll corrupt their minds, manipulate them. ’cause I’m a good manipulator. And then I’ll vandalize their bottoms. There’s a variety. There’s bubble butts, some with flat asses–

God, Andy, you’re fucked.

I like girls too though. Don’t get me wrong. But you gotta deal with what you got. And I make fifis for all the Mexicans. You get a towel and a Glad bag, and you roll it up and tie a rubber band or a shoelace or just bed strings from your sheet or whatever, tie it around and its safe sex. I sell them for two bucks a pop. I made like $15 in half an hour.

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2017, 11:53:56 AM »
Here is Andy's other infamous Big Brother Interview with the Harold Hunter story.

http://www.bobshirt.com/BigBrothers/AR0.html

Here Come The Lame Jets

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2017, 11:56:37 AM »
What's funny is I saw a girl from Modesto. Never been to the city prior to meeting her and this was like 10 years ago. But man...that place is a total dump aside from some good Mexican food. Funny how Andy is original from there even though he reps SF hard.

In an odd way, I wouldn't even mind a Epicly Later'd for Consolidated. I just don't know of that company at all and it's been around forever. I never knew Andy road for them.
You're the fucking worst poster on this forum. You consistently have the worst takes on everything and seem way out of the loop on things.  You don't even skate, why the fuck are you here?

Nobody claims any town in the 209 (except the Diaz brothers).
you never know about pre-cum 

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2017, 12:02:51 PM »
I wonder if Andy could manipulate Birdo into some ass play

JAesop

« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2017, 12:06:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Firing a dude because his wife is pregnant isn't very complicated, its just a pure dick move. What is weird to me is that he said he and Karma went and trashed Consolidated, but Karma rode for them for several years after Jesse was gone

And whoever assumed Andy got kicked off consolidated for his junkie ways, why the hell would he get a better sponsor immediately after?
Probably because he had friends that thought it would stabilize his behavior by staying pro ( second chance)or because they didn't know how bad it was or worse because somebody thought his name would sell boards. If it was Julien or Jim T probably the first because they are good guys. I still haven't seen the episode so I have no idea what the hell was said.
He piled out hard, got kicked off of AH like what, two years later after Consolidated?Then Driven which just fizzled, something like that...I don't even know the timeline of when he started doing shit or when he went to prison.
That era was pretty fucked for all those Nor Cal / Watsonville/Santa Cruz guys, lot of out of control drug and alcohol use.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 12:41:09 PM by JAesop »

Clayton

• Rep: 78
    • Spot Hunter avatar image
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2017, 01:04:55 PM »
Been telling people Skidmark Mike was a kook for years.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2017, 01:31:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Probably because he had friends that thought it would stabilize his behavior by staying pro ( second chance)or because they didn't know how bad it was or worse because somebody thought his name would sell boards. If it was Julien or Jim T probably the first because they are good guys. I still haven't seen the episode so I have no idea what the hell was said.
He piled out hard, got kicked off of AH like what, two years later after Consolidated?Then Driven which just fizzled, something like that...I don't even know the timeline of when he started doing shit or when he went to prison.
That era was pretty fucked for all those Nor Cal / Watsonville/Santa Cruz guys, lot of out of control drug and alcohol use.
Hey idiot, shut the fuck up and watch the episode. They explicitly say the heroin stuff started after he was on antihero. My question was to make that poster reflect on what he said, not because I didn't know.

And the part where I wanna say Jim says "I don't think he's saving them or hanging them on his wall" and they cut to him showing all the boards he's saved is fucking amazing
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2017, 02:02:28 PM »
This was great. (the bonus clips on YouTube talking about Jay Adams/Heroin were pretty interesting as well)
I'm a HUGE Andy fan... my wife can't understand this. She also does not understand my love for GG either, but I have explained it in the sense of: They are untamed and that is rare/awesome to see. Andy seems like such a genuine happy-go-lucky dude. And I hope this gets him off of timeout (although wish Julien would have been more specific!)