Author Topic: Andy Roy: EPICLY LATER'D  (Read 21849 times)

SIMPLY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 32
Re: Andy Roy: EPICLY LATER'D
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2017, 02:13:56 PM »
Now leticia ruano is on her ig telling people that not only did Andy say “fuck consolidated”, but he added “fuck anti hero” and Patrick edited it out. What kind of childish bullshit is that.
“Oh yeah well he also hates the brand he reps 24/7!!!”

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2017, 02:18:55 PM »
Why are people dissing Birdo? Andy asked if the park was clear and in a friendly manner they said "All good!" Then just because he has a Consolidated hat he goes off on some shit that guy probably wasn't even around for when it happened... And if he's gonna scream "Fuck Birdo!" he shouldn't of wilted like the pussy he is. Birdo was ready to settle it "Any way he wants" giving Andy the chance to talk or fight it out. Birdo should of dropped that herpes infected kook on the spot. And of course Consolidated signed waivers, so everyone could see how it went down. In no way was this publicity except that Andy called someone out and was surprised they were ready to call his bluff. Fuck Andy Roy

"Go skate, it's Go Skateboarding day!"

"That was yesterday, you missed it"

"He got me"

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2017, 02:23:19 PM »
This was great. (the bonus clips on YouTube talking about Jay Adams/Heroin were pretty interesting as well)
I'm a HUGE Andy fan... my wife can't understand this. She also does not understand my love for GG either, but I have explained it in the sense of: They are untamed and that is rare/awesome to see. Andy seems like such a genuine happy-go-lucky dude. And I hope this gets him off of timeout (although wish Julien would have been more specific!)
i would guess probably some general stupidity that went way too far, dude is kinda a moron, when he was here on the skate rock tour he decided to stand on this platform near the stage then jump up and grab one of the electrical conduits on the ceiling and swing from it, but he ripped the whole thing out and killed all the electric in the club. Which the club did those guys a favor and opened up early so they could have a last minute place to perform, and now they weren't gonna be able to make their nightly money cuz they couldn't get an electrician out till the next morning. He might be a fun happy go lucky dude but he's fucking stupid child also.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2017, 02:49:15 PM »
Of course Cuntsolidated signed waivers this show is the most publicity their company has gotten in years

JAesop

« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2017, 03:06:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Consolidated vs Andy is complicated ... they did something that they though is the best for their company and Andy is super loyal to his friend. Andy should move on.

It could look that including that scene was bad taste, but it really showed a raw side of Andy, the way his mind really works.
[close]
Firing a dude because his wife is pregnant isn't very complicated, its just a pure dick move. What is weird to me is that he said he and Karma went and trashed Consolidated, but Karma rode for them for several years after Jesse was gone

And whoever assumed Andy got kicked off consolidated for his junkie ways, why the hell would he get a better sponsor immediately after?
[close]
Probably because he had friends that thought it would stabilize his behavior by staying pro ( second chance)or because they didn't know how bad it was or worse because somebody thought his name would sell boards. If it was Julien or Jim T probably the first because they are good guys. I still haven't seen the episode so I have no idea what the hell was said.
He piled out hard, got kicked off of AH like what, two years later after Consolidated?Then Driven which just fizzled, something like that...I don't even know the timeline of when he started doing shit or when he went to prison.
That era was pretty fucked for all those Nor Cal / Watsonville/Santa Cruz guys, lot of out of control drug and alcohol use.
[close]
Hey idiot, shut the fuck up and watch the episode. They explicitly say the heroin stuff started after he was on antihero. My question was to make that poster reflect on what he said, not because I didn't know.

And the part where I wanna say Jim says "I don't think he's saving them or hanging them on his wall" and they cut to him showing all the boards he's saved is fucking amazing

Would if I could, Fucktard. Gotta find the time...

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2017, 04:36:22 PM »
Now leticia ruano is on her ig telling people that not only did Andy say “fuck consolidated”, but he added “fuck anti hero” and Patrick edited it out. What kind of childish bullshit is that.
“Oh yeah well he also hates the brand he reps 24/7!!!”
Andy's response was great. This whole thing is because that Skidmark Mark is a rat. A good chunk of Slap says fuck consolidated anyways haha

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3328
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2017, 05:32:43 PM »
What's weird is I would have expected a person who goes by the moniker Skidmark Mark to be a complete non-kook. Shows what I know.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2017, 05:36:46 PM »
What's weird is I would have expected a person who goes by the moniker Skidmark Mark to be a complete non-kook. Shows what I know.
I meant Mark as in Mark Ass Buster but that'd be great if he did go by that!

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3328
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2017, 05:52:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I meant Mark as in Mark Ass Buster but that'd be great if he did go by that!

You kids and your vernacular! *wags finger*

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2017, 06:03:35 PM »
I always liked consolidated but they take themselves way too serious and holy shit that skidmark guy is a loser

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2017, 06:11:23 PM »
Andy is interesting, I can see why you guys kook him because he definitely can get overwhelming. But the story about him ripping the cable doesn't surprise me. Dude may be nice and always hyped but, it is apparent that he's not the smartest. Great episode nonetheless
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 611
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2017, 08:23:40 PM »
that was cute that he really was stealing boards as a hoarder.
'we didn't fire jesse paez. keenan let him go'.
birdo's a giant!
andy made it sound like karma and he destroyed consolidated office but karma stayed on for yrs after [so did jason jessee, right? feel like the driven was much later].
great episode, cheers odell!

Jesse Paez was definitely riding for Consolidated in the early 2000s too. Did he get booted and come back?

Great episode. Andy opened up a lot. And they put in the time to explain what they like about him without withholding the bad stuff.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1374
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2017, 08:50:39 PM »

It really is a stylish monikor. Throws you right off.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2017, 08:57:42 PM »
Expand Quote
birdo's a giant!
andy made it sound like karma and he destroyed consolidated office but karma stayed on for yrs after [so did jason jessee, right? feel like the driven was much later].
[close]

Jesse Paez was definitely riding for Consolidated in the early 2000s too. Did he get booted and come back?

Great episode. Andy opened up a lot. And they put in the time to explain what they like about him without withholding the bad stuff.

He went back to ride for them after Think. This was during Andy's "missing" years so he may not have been aware of this.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2017, 09:06:55 PM »
I am sure that the link has been posted already. But anyway

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2017, 10:31:36 PM »
I'm gonna be so bummed when this series is finished. Please keep them coming Patrick.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2017, 11:11:28 PM »
I'm gonna be so bummed when this series is finished. Please keep them coming Patrick.
name the 8 people you want to see on season 2 then

i pick..
gonz.
sheffey.
jason lee.
julien.
penny.
fowler. (even though he already had one it would be cool to see a follow up and this first season has some repeats anyways like dill/reynolds)
duane peters if they could find him..
and wild card being og de souza also if they could find/get ahold of him.

honorable mentions/replacements
1.forrest edwards
2.jeremy klein
3.jereme rogers
4.vov

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

patrick c.

• Rep: 23
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2017, 11:19:28 PM »
I also have no idea how Consolidated is still around are they big in California or something?
No. 
All you got is today, get out and skate.

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2017, 12:37:03 AM »
Damn his mom on some Estelle Costanza shit with those dolls
George's mom didn't have the collection she just looked like one of them but fuck yeah for the reference, I chuckled.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2017, 01:54:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i pick..
gonz.
sheffey.
jason lee.
julien.
penny.
fowler. (even though he already had one it would be cool to see a follow up and this first season has some repeats anyways like dill/reynolds)

1.forrest edwards
2.jeremy klein
3.jereme rogers
4.vov
We'll have some repeats from your list.

1: Rick Howard or just the history of Girl.
2: Jason Lee (hell this could be 2 hours with him leaving Scientology)
3: Jamie Thomas
4: Daniel Sturt
5: Natas with a big focus on 101
6: Julian
7: Jim T
8: Wenning

HM: Danny Renaud and Ave.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2017, 05:23:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Damn his mom on some Estelle Costanza shit with those dolls
[close]
George's mom didn't have the collection she just looked like one of them but fuck yeah for the reference, I chuckled.

Susan had the dolls.

I knew a guy who is just like Andy but he was an illustrator instead of a skater. He was amazing, charming, electric, and a total piece of shit. He tried to suicide by cop but just got shot a few times and will be spending the rest of his life in prison because of his 900 strikes. Best thing that ever happened to him.

What I'm saying here, Jim, is that it's okay to give up on people.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2017, 05:40:05 AM »
I guess I can't expect this series to be too hard hitting unless the subject matter is going to participate. Personally, it's kinda like interviewing Chase Gabor and not asking about screwdrivers when Pat doesn't bring up some of the Big Brother interview stuff. I couldn't let that slide without documenting myself asking those questions.

The Consolidated stuff felt set-up but also genuine. Kinda like a Teen Mom reunion.

I love the series though and look forward to more.

thebacker

« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2017, 06:08:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i pick..
gonz.
sheffey.
jason lee.
julien.
penny.

1.forrest edwards
2.jeremy klein
3.jereme rogers
4.vov
Jim t would be a good one

Willy Santos cut my hair

• Rep: 391
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2017, 06:58:54 AM »

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195

calvinsdream

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2017, 08:54:52 AM »
lollllll yeah good episode

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2017, 09:11:04 AM »
Expand Quote
birdo's a giant!
[close]

Yeah i had always heard that he quit Consolidated cuz they couldn't pay him enough, and think was pretty big around that time. Coulda been him not wanting to make Consolidated look bad, but maybe it was a case of him asking for more money and Consolidated saying they couldn't afford it and they both agreed to end it. I think someone needs to talk to Jesse on this truthfully.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2017, 11:02:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

i pick..
gonz.
sheffey.
jason lee.
julien.
penny.

1.forrest edwards
2.jeremy klein
3.jereme rogers
4.vov
[close]
We'll have some repeats from your list.

1: Rick Howard or just the history of Girl.
2: Jason Lee (hell this could be 2 hours with him leaving Scientology)
3: Jamie Thomas
4: Daniel Sturt
5: Natas with a big focus on 101
6: Julian
7: Jim T
8: Wenning

HM: Danny Renaud and Ave.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2017, 11:48:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
birdo's a giant!
[close]

[close]
Yeah i had always heard that he quit Consolidated cuz they couldn't pay him enough, and think was pretty big around that time. Coulda been him not wanting to make Consolidated look bad, but maybe it was a case of him asking for more money and Consolidated saying they couldn't afford it and they both agreed to end it. I think someone needs to talk to Jesse on this truthfully.
IN the end Birdo and Andy both agreed on the "Jesse was fired" narrative, Birdo just blamed Kenan for it
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out