Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption 2  (Read 11476 times)

guest1

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2018, 07:54:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I finished chapter VI last night. Fuck.
[close]

I just started chapter 6. Are you able to go back to Guarma? Or is it like North Yankton in GTA V where you can only go for certain missions
[close]

As far as I know you can't go back which sucks because there are 2 birds there that aren't in the main map

That’s exactly the reason why I want to go back lol.  Oh well, I will definitely play the whole story again sometime in the future.

Paco Supreme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 539
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2018, 06:32:06 PM »
Playing through the epilogue now, wow

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2018, 11:30:22 PM »
im only about half way through the story(i think? chapter 3), but theres some great missions and i like getting distracted by hunting and fishing. the one where you get kidnapped by o'driscoll and have to escape really makes you feel like youre in it. i kinda had to put the game down for a bit. felt like id just been kidnapped and beaten. not really but ya know?

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1212
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2018, 08:08:39 PM »
im only about half way through the story(i think? chapter 3), but theres some great missions and i like getting distracted by hunting and fishing. the one where you get kidnapped by o'driscoll and have to escape really makes you feel like youre in it. i kinda had to put the game down for a bit. felt like id just been kidnapped and beaten. not really but ya know?

I just started chapter 6 and it says I'm at about 60% , I'm thinking each chapter is about 10% of the story just based on that.

That mission was intense. This game really does a great job at creating emotional investments in it, in more way than one. Without spoiling anything some shit goes down in the game that I felt weirdly touched by, almost to an embarrassing level haha.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

CoMpLeMeNts4U

« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2018, 02:10:13 AM »
I just started playing you guys using mostly 1st or 3rd person view? I find first has alot of beautiful action scenes like when setting the charge on the train that you would otherwise miss. But I dunno you see less scenery.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2018, 04:48:17 AM »
I just started playing you guys using mostly 1st or 3rd person view? I find first has alot of beautiful action scenes like when setting the charge on the train that you would otherwise miss. But I dunno you see less scenery.

I primarily use third person for that reason, you get to take in a lot more around you. I am also just more used to it from having played the first RDR through so many times. First person is fun to use sometimes, but it stresses me out more if I'm in the middle of some big shootout or something.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2018, 11:51:06 AM »
I just torched some Klansmen and it rocked.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2018, 02:41:07 PM »
I ran into a couple groups of those dicks, first one I couldn’t believe it so I hucked dynamite at them, next time there were lesser so it was a tomohawk kinda day

guest1

« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2018, 07:14:35 PM »
Just finished the story. Loved every second of it.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2018, 10:44:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I just started chapter 6 and it says I'm at about 60% , I'm thinking each chapter is about 10% of the story just based on that.

That mission was intense. This game really does a great job at creating emotional investments in it, in more way than one. Without spoiling anything some shit goes down in the game that I felt weirdly touched by, almost to an embarrassing level haha.

SPOILERS(highlight - i used white font)

got chills when you roll up to the brathwaite manor looking for jack and also when youre leaving it as it burns to the ground with the old lady freaking out.

im looking forward to what could be coming in the story, but im also trying to savour it until online comes out(which has to be kinda soon, no?). ive been trying to get a perfect fox pelt for a bit for a fuckin hat, but to no avail. everything ive looked up says theyre basically everywhere, which i guess they are, but i cant seem to find a perfect one.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2018, 11:03:19 PM »
Try West Elizabeth, theres foxes a plenty

And I get what you guys are saying about being touched by moments, there was an interaction npc in valentine begging for money, through the story I always just gave him shit, then towards the end I ended up seeing him again and had a whole moment with him being sincere

shit_for_brains

« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2018, 01:22:59 PM »
Try West Elizabeth, theres foxes a plenty

And I get what you guys are saying about being touched by moments, there was an interaction npc in valentine begging for money, through the story I always just gave him shit, then towards the end I ended up seeing him again and had a whole moment with him being sincere

You know the thing about that guy is that he fucking robs you if you let him hug you. It doesn't tick like when you make a transaction but if you keep your eye on your money he picks your pocket. I'm beating his ass next time I go through there. Also if you fight the loud mouth trapper in the saloon there and take his raccoon hat, make sure to wear it every time you go back.

You can bait foxes with squirrels and rabbits. I think you have to use either the bow with an advanced arrow or a repeater.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2018, 10:50:53 PM »
Oh shit, well I killed him anyway in the epilogue, but I’m gonna go find that dude in the saloon and get a hat.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1194
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2018, 05:47:29 PM »
Best part is pettin’ all them pups.

Love those pups.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2018, 05:37:25 PM »
Just got to the epilogue, holy shit.
It got me feeling all sorts of things.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2018, 07:02:53 AM »

burn_to_live

• Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2018, 10:11:29 AM »

Love those pups.
Sounds like Of Mice and Men.
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2018, 10:16:06 AM »
Expand Quote

Love those pups.
[close]

Are you saying I’m some sort of mental midget?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

burn_to_live

• Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2018, 10:19:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Love those pups.
[close]
[close]

Are you saying I’m some sort of mental midget?
Nope. You never know though on SLAP.
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2018, 11:58:23 AM »
Finished Chapter 6, and man, it was heavy. Haven't really done much in the Epilogue yet cuz I honestly needed to step away and process it for a bit. I even got the "good" ending, too.

SPOILERS BELOW

I think Arthur may be one of, if not, the best protagonist Rockstar has written. I feel like I played the game pretty accurately to how his character unfolded, in that I was kinda ruthless early on, but as the story progressed I made softer more honor-driven decisions. And this was prior to knowing how it would end. But even if you didn't play this way, Arthur felt very mulit-dimensional as a person, which is something I feel a lot of Rockstar characters lack. My heart honestly sank to my stomach as his last mission unfolded, especially as he gave a tearful "thank you" to his dying horse, of whom I used from the moment I got him up until the very end. It can't be overstated how much this game makes you care about the characters you watch, and how much it makes you feel for them when tragedy strikes. What an experience, and I'm not even done yet.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 12:05:35 PM by the_unknown_soldier »

SWPhillyFloater

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #80 on: December 26, 2018, 07:34:33 PM »
Just started playing yesterday. The level of detail in the game and how much freedom you have is absolutely insane. Haven't played much of the story yet but I already love all the characters, especially Arthur. Now I won't be so bummed when it snows or rains since I got this game to keep me busy.

Warnerfow

• Rep: -1
Red Dead Redemption 2
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2019, 06:11:08 PM »
Rockstar updated on their Facebook Page with a New Photo.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is so confirmed

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2019, 04:13:05 PM »
Rockstar updated on their Facebook Page with a New Photo.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is so confirmed

wut?