Author Topic: Vegas Shooting  (Read 13179 times)

ill_Murray

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
Vegas Shooting
« on: October 02, 2017, 12:22:55 AM »
I guess there's some shit going down in Vegas, hope any Pals in the area stay safe

https://www.reddit.com/live/zpctrtpkt0hw/

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/02/us/las-vegas-shooter/index.html
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
Re: Vegas Shooting
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 02:25:19 AM »
Me and Ontheswarm were actually out skating at a local park as it was happening and didn't even know what was going on at first but luckily the park we were at wasn't too close at all to the shooting. There were cop cars and ambulances rushing around everywhere all throughout the city and it seemed like a few would pass the park every minute or so. Hoping any other pals on here who are from Vegas as well are safe and ok.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 05:31:24 AM »
Shooter was Stephen Paddock, 64 year old white male. According to various deep holes on the web he was an anti-Trump supporter, which I find plausible as the target was a country concert, but solid info isn't out there yet.

Fucking piece of shit.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2545
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 05:35:28 AM »
Fuck, so terrible.

Also,

Fucking piece of shit.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 06:02:51 AM »
Prayers and thoughts with the victims and their families.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 06:25:02 AM »
At least 50 dead and over 400 injured? 'Piece of shit' is too good for this motherfucker.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -343
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 07:17:23 AM »
Sickening

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2017, 07:52:45 AM »
Fucking horrific. Can't comprehend this shit.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2017, 08:03:04 AM »
Woke up and immediately saw the reports all over the news. Damn sickening no matter what the shooters motive was.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2017, 08:19:21 AM »
There need to be a strict law for the press against talking about the shooters/serial killers.
 No names no nothing, just info about the victims.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2017, 08:25:08 AM »
Shooter was Stephen Paddock, 64 year old white male. According to various deep holes on the web he was an anti-Trump supporter, which I find plausible as the target was a country concert, but solid info isn't out there yet.

Fucking piece of shit.

If you're talking about the rush to identify and link him as "alt-left" that was disproven. Google treats 4chan as a news source now.

http://www.businessinsider.com/google-is-touting-4chan-threads-when-people-search-las-vegas-shooter-2017-10

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2017, 08:35:28 AM »
There need to be a strict law for the press against talking about the shooters/serial killers.

I understand not wanting to give the shooter any "glory," but I think if this were the case people would be making all kinds of assumptions about race/motive/etc. which would just cause more problems.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

shit_for_brains

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2017, 08:40:43 AM »

You want strict censorship laws?

essal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2017, 08:42:24 AM »
Expand Quote

Fucking piece of shit.
[close]

If you're talking about the rush to identify and link him as "alt-left" that was disproven. Google treats 4chan as a news source now.

http://www.businessinsider.com/google-is-touting-4chan-threads-when-people-search-las-vegas-shooter-2017-10
Vice have an article up with some background on him, which could be fairly correct, but it is vague at the moment.
https://news.vice.com/story/everything-we-know-about-las-vegas-gunman-stephen-paddock?utm_source=vicefbus

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2545
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2017, 08:50:42 AM »
Yeah, there's no mention there of any political affiliation, except the ISIS claim, which is unreliable.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 08:56:25 AM »
It's extra motivation for some of these guys to see all the media attention, a way to enter history, get your own wikipedia page, youtube videos........everybody knows the dipshit who killed 100 people, that's just wrong.
Who is the killer? some piece of shit who definitely doesn't deserve any attention whatsoever.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2017, 09:00:33 AM »
It's extra motivation for some of these guys to see all the media attention, a way to enter history, get your own wikipedia page, youtube videos........everybody knows the dipshit who killed 100 people, that's just wrong.
Who is the killer? some piece of shit who definitely doesn't deserve any attention whatsoever.

Then stick your fingers in your ears and bury your head yourself. I want to know what's going on even if it's unpleasant. Censorship is censorship whether it's for fascism or to protect your emotions.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2017, 09:03:32 AM »
Nevada is literally the Wild West when it comes to guns.  My Mom and Stepdad retired there. Both have concealed carry permits (I don't know why) and you can own automatic weapons, no mag cap restrictions, guns shows weekly. It's nuts. We literally pulled over off the road maybe 100m and fuck it, that's the range, start shooting, it's legal. I'm not surprised this happened.

At least Trump is off the hook for Puerto Rico now right? RIGHT?!
you never know about pre-cum 

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2017, 09:03:53 AM »
fucking wild.

i couldn't imagine how terrified i would be while that happened.

RIP to the victims and best wishes for speedy recovery to all those injured.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 09:06:54 AM by Big Skatefase »

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2017, 09:07:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Then stick your fingers in your ears and bury your head yourself. I want to know what's going on even if it's unpleasant. Censorship is censorship whether it's for fascism or to protect your emotions.

This is not about me. There should be a blackout only about the identity of the killer, not the victims not the shooting itself. It would be a way to avoid getting any extra motivation to future candidates.

yungapplejuice

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2017, 09:08:55 AM »
^Thanks for that Vice article . This whole situation is fucked .

He seemed normal, other than that he lived by gambling. He was very open about that

Family members said Paddock spent much of his time gambling in Las Vegas and gambling, and that he liked to listen to country music and attend concerts at Vegas hotels

Wondering if this was premeditated , or a bad day at the poker table . . . Checked in on the 28th with his ladyfriend?/roommate's (who is apparently out of the country) identification . Maybe they can see him come in with the bags he used to hold the guns (assuming they found the same bags with his body/weapons after entering his room) ?

Just my musings over his motivations .

Either way , my condolences to everyone affected .

Missing Person Hotline # 1-866-535-5654
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 09:10:33 AM by yungapplejuice »

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2017, 09:13:25 AM »
it's gottabe premeditated to me.

he got the perfect elevated vantage point to do maximum damage to that concert venue. everything from the hotel, to the 32nd floor, to that specific room.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 09:33:08 AM by Big Skatefase »

essal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2017, 09:21:46 AM »
Yeah, no way in hell that this was "bad day at the table" related. There has to be a deeper reason for it.

Current number is 58 dead and more than 500 injured. I would expect it it rise.

yungapplejuice

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2017, 09:28:10 AM »
Well , yeah .

Having ten assault rifles and the perfect sniping position facing the target is kind of a clear give away . Just trying to wrap my mind around all possibilities .

500+ injured and there's no telling how many of those people are critically wounded , so that 58 is going to steadily rise .

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2017, 09:29:29 AM »
That's crazy he got the perfect room for it.  Every time I tried to get a room with a better view I was always told to get fucked and nothing is available. I spent my vacation in Hawaii last year with a room looking over a bunch of construction...

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2017, 10:12:05 AM »

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2017, 10:43:03 AM »
I fucking hate with this fucking world is coming to. Thoughts go out to the victims. Fuck this shit.

Of course they didn't label this as terrorism.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2017, 11:19:15 AM »
Yeah, there's no mention there of any political affiliation, except the ISIS claim, which is unreliable.

I love how ISIS is ready to take responsibility for anything. Fucking car crash leading to fatalities...."Oh, yeah....that's on us. We did that".

The picture I have in my head on this is fucking the scene in Terminator 2 where he's shooting down at the cops from above. That's so god damn terrifying.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Noioso

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
  • "For me it's crazy like"
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2017, 11:39:51 AM »
it's gottabe premeditated to me.

he got the perfect elevated vantage point to do maximum damage to that concert venue. everything from the hotel, to the 32nd floor, to that specific room.

Look familiar?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Texas_tower_shooting

This is a fucked situation, but not identifying the killer is not going to stop someone from being a maniac and killing people. You want to blame the media, but it wouldn't be long before the internet identified the shooter and created their own obsession or some bullshit conspiracy theory. Notoriety and infamy were not created by modern day media.
"So, you want to follow the nuge, get a good feeble, a nice ollie, an excellent lipside, maybe a tolerable down love and become known for your outstanding kick flip el toro? Become a regular visitor at our skate parks. Righteous."

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2017, 11:55:56 AM »
I fucking hate with this fucking world is coming to. Thoughts go out to the victims. Fuck this shit.

Of course they didn't label this as terrorism.
While I do think this is a blatant example of white privilege, terrorism has a specific definition. Not every act of violence is a terrorist attack. However, if this motherfucker was black or brown, believe me it would have been called a terror attack from the get go.