Author Topic: Vegas Shooting  (Read 13176 times)

Manolo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
Re: Vegas Shooting
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2017, 12:10:03 PM »
Notoriety and infamy were not created by modern day media.

It's fuelling it! And of course these guys want to be famous, they want everybody talking about them and their shitty life......... the press, internet, everybody should take responsibility not to give excessive attention to the shooters. It's a downward spiral.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2017, 12:43:46 PM »
freaked out when i woke up this morning cuz i knew my sister was in vegas .. she's fine .. she was at the aria and i guess they went into full lock down .. her boyfriend had just landed at the airport and got stuck in lock down there as well

the dudes a piece of shit coward

feel awful for the victims but also hearing the stories of loved ones holding their significant others lifeless bodies really shakes me to my core
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 12:45:30 PM by straight »
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2017, 02:52:15 PM »

ontheswarm

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2017, 03:58:42 PM »
Apparently one of my friends witnessed a girl get shot right next to him. Scary stuff.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2017, 04:21:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Yeah, there's no mention there of any political affiliation, except the ISIS claim, which is unreliable.
[close]

I love how ISIS is ready to take responsibility for anything. Fucking car crash leading to fatalities...."Oh, yeah....that's on us. We did that".

The picture I have in my head on this is fucking the scene in Terminator 2 where he's shooting down at the cops from above. That's so god damn terrifying.

Seriously somebody should tell Isis to butt out... clearly Americans can do a fine job murdering and terrorizing each other without them trying to take the credit.  Sheesh.

Seriously this is the most awful, horrible shit.  What's even more awful is that it's not a surprise at all. 

My heart goes out to anybody and everybody affected by this.

The Onion summed it best (which says a lot):

http://www.theonion.com/article/americans-hopeful-will-be-last-mass-shooting-they--57093

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2017, 04:30:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yeah, there's no mention there of any political affiliation, except the ISIS claim, which is unreliable.
[close]

I love how ISIS is ready to take responsibility for anything. Fucking car crash leading to fatalities...."Oh, yeah....that's on us. We did that".

The picture I have in my head on this is fucking the scene in Terminator 2 where he's shooting down at the cops from above. That's so god damn terrifying.
[close]

Seriously somebody should tell Isis to butt out... clearly Americans can do a fine job murdering and terrorizing each other without them trying to take the credit.  Sheesh.

Seriously this is the most awful, horrible shit.  What's even more awful is that it's not a surprise at all. 

My heart goes out to anybody and everybody affected by this.

The Onion summed it best (which says a lot):

http://www.theonion.com/article/americans-hopeful-will-be-last-mass-shooting-they--57093

They seem to be the only ones who get it, as proven by their headline something like this happened last: "‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens"
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2017, 05:20:20 PM »

This is what Manolo means.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2017, 06:12:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's fuelling it! And of course these guys want to be famous, they want everybody talking about them and their shitty life......... the press, internet, everybody should take responsibility not to give excessive attention to the shooters. It's a downward spiral.

you make it sound like its the only reason these mass shootings happen, though. theres more to it than them wanting to be famous in most cases

shit_for_brains

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2017, 06:23:10 PM »

That's a nice sentiment but the application is heavy censorship.

Kolostrum

• Rep: 21
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2017, 06:37:09 PM »

2300 years ago a lowly greek slave named Herostratus sought to gain fame and immortality by burning down the Temple of Artemis at Ephesus. Once he was caught the Ephesian authorities realized his intentions and not only executed him, but made it a capital crime to even mention his name.

Needles to say this didn't work. Authors still wrote about him,  copy-cats followed his lead, and today we even have a name for intentionally seeking notoriety through heinous criminal acts: "Herostratic Fame."

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2017, 06:46:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's a nice sentiment but the application is heavy censorship.

I don't care if the news shows this or not. I don't even know why people voluntary watch the news anymore when there is netflix. I understand both views, I was just trying to put Manolos words more reasonable. I don't watch the news so I have no say in any of this shit.

shark tits

« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2017, 06:56:06 PM »
i don't want the news to talk about him but i wanna condemn his actions in a skateboard thread.
jk but that's kinda how it sounds. be the change you wanna see and ignore it.
this will always be more interesting to people [we're a morbid bunch] than people feeding the poor or empowering each other or whatever so you can't really expect the news to bore people when there's pain to exploit.
for everyone getting into semantics of who's a terrorist, who cares? nobody is making dude out to be a rad guy cause he's white. every military in the world does worse shit than this on a daily. is everyone in uniform a terrorist? are gang members who shoot innocent bystanders? does it matter?
shooting people is bad whether the news uses the 'T-word' or not.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2017, 02:08:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

you make it sound like its the only reason these mass shootings happen, though. theres more to it than them wanting to be famous in most cases

It's not the only reason but clearly a part of the problem and since you guys are not anytime close to see any restrictions on weapons in the US maybe it's time to start thinking about other ways that might help solving it?
For instance stop doing exactly what mass shooters wants? Having their name and pictures on the front page everywhere? Making them into superstars antihero?.....

And censorship really? 80% of the media and press is absolute garbage anyway these guys are making money out of the shootings, fuck them. Let's keep it to a minimum about the killers and celebrate the life and death of all the innocent victims. All these people out there dying for the fame and glory of a couple frustrated morons, you owe them to at least try anything possible to stop the epidemic. And if it means giving a couple guidelines to the fucking journalists, would that be so hard to swallow? Jesus fucking christ.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2017, 03:53:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

It's not the only reason but clearly a part of the problem and since you guys are not anytime close to see any restrictions on weapons in the US maybe it's time to start thinking about other ways that might help solving it?
For instance stop doing exactly what mass shooters wants? Having their name and pictures on the front page everywhere? Making them into superstars antihero?.....

And censorship really? 80% of the media and press is absolute garbage anyway these guys are making money out of the shootings, fuck them. Let's keep it to a minimum about the killers and celebrate the life and death of all the innocent victims. All these people out there dying for the fame and glory of a couple frustrated morons, you owe them to at least try anything possible to stop the epidemic. And if it means giving a couple guidelines to the fucking journalists, would that be so hard to swallow? Jesus fucking christ.

So who decides what can be reported then? A committee? The government? Who approves what information goes out to the public? If you think the most important thing is that a dead murderer not feel proud of themselves then I don't know what to tell you because you're regular.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2017, 04:42:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

So who decides what can be reported then? A committee? The government? Who approves what information goes out to the public? If you think the most important thing is that a dead murderer not feel proud of themselves then I don't know what to tell you because you're regular.

You're trolling right? Username though hmm.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2017, 06:18:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Stick to editing

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2017, 07:47:30 AM »
I am very pro talking about who the terrorist/mass-murderer was. If only to make all these false flag idiots stop talking their shit. What a way to fucking disrespect everyone who lost someone, to say that it was all fake and staged.

There is a picture floating around on the web of him after he suck-started his revolver in his room after fighting some LVMPD officers in the hallway of the hotel for a brief moment. According to a guy who was there, it took the LVMPD and the hotel security 17 minutes from the shooting started until they knew what room he had been firing from (fire alarm went off). Jacqui Heinrich on Twitter posted photos of some of the weapons used, at least one of them had a "bump-fire" stock, which explains the high rate of fire. It's a legal item that basically jerks the weapon forwards on the recoil and you end up with something that resembles automatic fire.
I've read some unconfirmed reports that he also had a bunch of chemicals or bomb-making material.

I am still curious about his motive behind all of this. Based on what's released currently he seemed pretty normal.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2017, 11:21:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Stick to editing

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2017, 11:37:46 AM »
Yeah i'm going to edit a video about trying to find solutions to mass shootings and serial killer culture.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2017, 11:45:55 AM »
Well you've made a decent start to a 15 year olds livejournal post so I'm sure you'll come to some pretty sound conclusions. Please open with how "guidelines for journalists" is different than censorship. That should be enough to make smoke come out of your ears.

And look I know you're trying to sound smart, like 16 year old "can't we all get along?" smart, and be poetic about remembering victims not the perpetrator blahblahblah, but think about reality and the practical application of your dumb idea. Guidelines for journalists? Get the fuck out of here. You're talking about censorship and if you can't see that then good thing people like your skate videos because hoo boy.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 11:52:30 AM by shit_for_brains »

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2017, 12:28:04 PM »
It's different depending on the subject and how these guidelines would be applied.
There is already guidelines for journalism and there's a huge difference between refraining on over publicizing details about mass murderers and censorship. If it can somehow help minimize the killing why not discuss it?
I made it sound totally Hitlerish in my first post allright cause these killings are disgusting but bottom line something has to be done...it's probably better to read about people trying to find solutions than the billion frenzy articles about the cocksuckers who commit these crimes..
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 12:30:26 PM by Manolo »

jomeara1

« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2017, 02:49:32 PM »
A girl from my town got caught up in that and now she's in critical condition.  People are fucked up..

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2017, 05:02:28 AM »
The only proper response: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Australia#Port_Arthur_massacre_and_its_consequences

People will inevitably lose their shit and go off on others, but you can limit the consequences. If a shooting has "only" a couple of victims, media doesn't really bat an eye and the perpetrator never becomes notorious.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2017, 05:31:22 AM »
My heart goes out to everyone affected by this horrible event.

This goes hand in hand with the above post,
http://www.smh.com.au/world/heres-why-australia-will-never-understand-the-us-obsession-with-guns-20171003-gyt7ys.html

« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 05:38:58 AM by AsianVegan »

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2017, 07:34:13 AM »
if a bunch of innocent white kids getting gunned down at sandy hook didn't even move the needle on changing gun laws then nothing will.

conservatives love their guns too much and would gladly write this off as collateral damage if they can keep their guns.

talking about changing gun laws to them is like talking to a brick wall.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2017, 08:02:11 AM »
I don't align with conservatives, right wingers, the alt-right, the nra, or any of the "gun nuts", but I do shoot guns and it's really getting harder and harder for someone like me to step up and say that im still pro-gun. nobody needs fully automatics. nobody needs bump stocks. nobody needs giant 30+ round clips. nobody needs something thats capable of killing and wounding that many people from 30 stories up. those things are not sporting goods. those things are made for killing people. nobody needs that shit. go ahead and ban it all.

im a sportsman and a responsible gun owner, and i know plenty of responsible and safe gun owners, and i know all of us would be pissed to have to give up our guns and give up a sport that we love to do, but all these innocent people who keep getting killed deserve their lives more than i deserve my gun. i dont want this shit to happen anymore.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2017, 09:30:38 AM »
I don't align with conservatives, right wingers, the alt-right, the nra, or any of the "gun nuts", but I do shoot guns and it's really getting harder and harder for someone like me to step up and say that im still pro-gun. nobody needs fully automatics. nobody needs bump stocks. nobody needs giant 30+ round clips. nobody needs something thats capable of killing and wounding that many people from 30 stories up. those things are not sporting goods. those things are made for killing people. nobody needs that shit. go ahead and ban it all.

im a sportsman and a responsible gun owner, and i know plenty of responsible and safe gun owners, and i know all of us would be pissed to have to give up our guns and give up a sport that we love to do, but all these innocent people who keep getting killed deserve their lives more than i deserve my gun. i dont want this shit to happen anymore.
Damn JB, well said. Respect man. If only there were a few million more people like you in the US there might be the slightest glimmer of change.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2017, 10:58:32 AM »
shit for brains, you got to clear your mind, dude
you sounds like a moron sometimes, the one who think he holds the truth, a sad truth
stop polluting our minds with your shit, man, and try to be more empathic and positive, like in a fucking poetry for god's sake !

shit_for_brains

« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2017, 11:14:34 AM »
shit for brains, you got to clear your mind, dude
you sounds like a moron sometimes, the one who think he holds the truth, a sad truth
stop polluting our minds with your shit, man, and try to be more empathic and positive, like in a fucking poetry for god's sake !

I don't think you understood or are capable of understanding what I said.