Author Topic: Enjoi: Panda Patrol  (Read 5779 times)

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
Re: Enjoi: Panda Patrol
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2017, 06:43:05 AM »
That was awesome!

Such an odd ball team but in a good way.

Cairo still going hard! That nollie flip was amazing.

Also loved how shitty that flat ground frontside flip was hahahaha( I think it was deedz?)
Gentleman ninja warlock

billyerlife

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2017, 10:10:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
was really enjoying it until it became a nike commercial. that damn swoosh just ruins footage
[close]

I think we're all just gonna have to get used to the fact that Nike is a mainstay in the industry. It's been 15 years already, so...
[close]
Not to mention the fact that they support some of the sickest people in skating from multiple eras.  Bitching about Nike is pretty weak at this point.
[close]

Fuck Nike forever. It will never be "weak" to advocate for a skater to skater economy, that shit was, and to a diminished degree still is, dope. With that said I'm trying to do better to compartmentalize that issue and not let it ruin rad skateboarding. E.g. I watched the Ben Raybourn footage on Thrasher without even thinking about his shoes.
[close]
Yeah but nah.
Because some guys have families, houses, kids, bills.  I get that most skaters are young but its nice to not starve and have a somewhat comfortable life.  Skateboarding isn't dead anymore the 90s were over a long time ago, someone is getting paid, might as well be skaters.  Also who else is stepping up to pay Lance Mountain, Brian Anderson, Lacey Baker, etc?  So yeah, its weak to bitch about Nike.  And worrying about the shoes on a skaters feet is some diva shit.

You think Nike prints money or something? That money is in skateboarding, skateboarders just decided to give it to Nike instead of skater owned companies because they're brainless little sheep. You can justify your jock inclinations all you want, Nike is fucking weak and so is anyone who backs that bullshit.

JMSneep

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2017, 02:07:40 PM »
that was great. Loved the clark hassler appearance too.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2017, 04:36:37 PM »
That was cool. Enjoi seems to be in a good place now, much better than a few years ago. Minor detail, but I loved how, after doing that 50-50 against the wall into the stairs, Deedz hopped off his board and ran up the stairs. It made the whole clip look way more fluid.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
was really enjoying it until it became a nike commercial. that damn swoosh just ruins footage
[close]

I think we're all just gonna have to get used to the fact that Nike is a mainstay in the industry. It's been 15 years already, so...
[close]
Not to mention the fact that they support some of the sickest people in skating from multiple eras.  Bitching about Nike is pretty weak at this point.
[close]

Fuck Nike forever. It will never be "weak" to advocate for a skater to skater economy, that shit was, and to a diminished degree still is, dope. With that said I'm trying to do better to compartmentalize that issue and not let it ruin rad skateboarding. E.g. I watched the Ben Raybourn footage on Thrasher without even thinking about his shoes.
[close]
Yeah but nah.
Because some guys have families, houses, kids, bills.  I get that most skaters are young but its nice to not starve and have a somewhat comfortable life.  Skateboarding isn't dead anymore the 90s were over a long time ago, someone is getting paid, might as well be skaters.  Also who else is stepping up to pay Lance Mountain, Brian Anderson, Lacey Baker, etc?  So yeah, its weak to bitch about Nike.  And worrying about the shoes on a skaters feet is some diva shit.
[close]

You think Nike prints money or something? That money is in skateboarding, skateboarders just decided to give it to Nike instead of skater owned companies because they're brainless little sheep. You can justify your jock inclinations all you want, Nike is fucking weak and so is anyone who backs that bullshit.
Question: how is brainlessly supporting "skater-owned companies" who inundated the market with poor-quality shoes, thought appropriate to guilt consumers into patronage with the "support skater-owned!" mantra, and constantly and consistently ignore any demographic that's not centered around SoCal teenagers any different than brainlessly supporting Nike or Adidas, who forced these slacking brands to step it up, in regards to both quality and marketing?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2017, 05:56:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Yeah but nah.
[close]

Pretty much yeah, Nike prints money.  That's why many of the best people go there and not smaller brands.
The money is in exposure, not skating.  So Ishod is a brainless sheep?  Lance?  Because a lot of people really look up to guys like that.  I dont mean to offend you but you sound like you are maybe 15.  You can call me a jock after you have spent 30 years in skating and maybe seen some shit in your life.

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2017, 06:48:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Yeah but nah.
[close]

what about all the non skater brahs wearing nike sb? doubt they'd go buy some emericas if nike dropped skating

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2017, 11:41:04 PM »
^also, all the non skate money they put into it. its not like they waited till they sold enough skate shoes to afford the team and marketing budget.
 its pretty naive to think if nike werent here that its current chunk of the market would be divided up amongst the skate owned brands. some of the gap would be filled, but would the skating market even be as big without the sportswear brands pushing it into the mainstream? i think a lot of the core companies also kinda hit a slump as nike and adidas came in too. as in why not skate an actual dunk or blazer or superstar instead of the slightly shittier knock off version? people skated nikes and adidas before they had skate programs and it was probably from a lack of desirable skate shoes options(i guess there were a lot fewer companies, but still)

the enjoi vid was dope. wasnt really feeling didrik's song though. looking forward to the jackson pingaz one a lot. does that mean enzo is on?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 11:44:40 PM by Zurg »

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2017, 07:23:25 AM »
If you think other shoe companies wouldn't pay Lance or BA or Lacey baker you're kinda diluaional.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2017, 07:38:20 AM »
If you think other shoe companies wouldn't pay Lance or BA or Lacey baker you're kinda diluaional.
Are they going to pay them enough to support them though and allow them to focus on skating?  That's the whole point.  Wasn't Lacey Baker working day jobs until Nike?  Now she gets to skate fulltime, she'll get coverage and as a result reach and inspire a larger audience.  Should they take less to skate for people who can't pay them as much?

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2017, 07:40:11 AM »
What about the multitude of other rad skaters that jump from skater-owned flow to full-on corporate brands? What about Jake Johnson, Bobby Worrest, Tom Knox, or Tyshawn Jones, for example?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Little Debbie

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2017, 07:58:10 AM »
kf underflip was casual