Author Topic: Chiro good or crap  (Read 1224 times)

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Chiro good or crap
« on: November 12, 2017, 06:07:16 PM »
  Anybody have much chiropratic work?  How'd it go?
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
Re: Chiro good or crap
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 08:33:55 PM »
I got in a pretty bad car accident at the end of August that really fucked up my lower back. and I have been going three times a week since than.  First time I ever tried the Chiropractor and I was pleasantly surprised.  I heard from a lot of people it's not a good idea unless it's absolutely necessary, because once you start going it is common that you will need to continue treatment for a long time.  But anyway I feel much better and it's helped with the tightness I have in my lower back and has been beneficial to my skating and overall well being.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 02:04:10 AM »
Osteo is better. Chiro will have you shelling out money constantly and not achieving more than a temporary fix. Osteo takes your whole structure into consideration.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 05:47:02 AM »
  Fuck yeah skating after auto accident?  that's rad..   I'm scared here, I'm starting to think the treatment im getting is bogus.  Thanks for the osteo suggestion.  fingers crossed here.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 11:12:46 AM »
  Fuck yeah skating after auto accident?  that's rad..   I'm scared here, I'm starting to think the treatment im getting is bogus.  Thanks for the osteo suggestion.  fingers crossed here.
Good luck man.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 06:48:14 PM »
If you find a good one, they can be great. Others have you coming in way more than you should.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 08:42:37 PM »
If you find a good one, they can be great. Others have you coming in way more than you should.

THere is moral hazzard there to be had in the chiropractic indus.  I've gotten 3  visits (he said maybe they'll be 12 in total) and they have caused pain for the 3 weeks since I started.  BUT the hamstring problem I've had for a year fucking disappeared so I can't make up my mind whether to stop going.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 10:19:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

THere is moral hazzard there to be had in the chiropractic indus.  I've gotten 3  visits (he said maybe they'll be 12 in total) and they have caused pain for the 3 weeks since I started.  BUT the hamstring problem I've had for a year fucking disappeared so I can't make up my mind whether to stop going.

Lol that's what led me to chiro around age 20 was a torn hamstring.

Ling story short I always favored the one side and fucked my back.

Chiro took time but it indeed worked. Now I'm 38 and no back issues at all
Gentleman ninja warlock

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 10:34:03 PM »
anyone see this guy on youtube?

his channel gets millions of views, his signature move is this "ring dinger", i got sucked into a hole late one night watching these laughing my ass off

i've always wanted to get checked out, i've always felt skating and rarely ever (basically never) pushing switch has messed up my hip alignment
The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 01:37:47 AM »
anyone see this guy on youtube?

his channel gets millions of views, his signature move is this "ring dinger", i got sucked into a hole late one night watching these laughing my ass off

i've always wanted to get checked out, i've always felt skating and rarely ever (basically never) pushing switch has messed up my hip alignment
Holy fuck no. That's exactly why I won't see a chiro when they're yanking on your neck like that. Osteo can require some force but it's more an art of gentle persuasion. The ring dinger is either going to cripple someone or trigger an aneurism one day.