Author Topic: What are some dumb things that happen at your skatepark?  (Read 19679 times)

Putaslocas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -291
  • EAT SHIT AND DIE
Re: What are some dumb things that happen at your skatepark?
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2017, 08:57:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Shoutout to Becker Park, my old local back in Peoria, IL. People been robbed at gunpoint there, I’ve had about 2-3 phones stolen over the years (went to the ghetto ass complex next door and got em back too), and gave us this 9 million view youtube gem right here

It was in a shitty neighborhood and was all tiny prefab obstacles but that park raised me
[close]

That video was soooo sick. Wonder what those kids are doing now haha

Riding for FA

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2017, 09:04:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Shoutout to Becker Park, my old local back in Peoria, IL. People been robbed at gunpoint there, I’ve had about 2-3 phones stolen over the years (went to the ghetto ass complex next door and got em back too), and gave us this 9 million view youtube gem right here

It was in a shitty neighborhood and was all tiny prefab obstacles but that park raised me
[close]

That video was soooo sick. Wonder what those kids are doing now haha
[close]

Riding for FA
a screengrab from that video would be better than any school photo graphic they could throw out, in my opinion

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2017, 09:19:11 PM »
Haven't really frequented parks in my area recently but I've seen gnarly fights and jumping go down at Roosevelt Park in San Jose near some handball courts the Nortenos like to kick it at, shit looks like a prison yard sometimes. There's a creek that runs directly next to the park and their has been bodies pulled put of it in the past.

Rocko

• Rep: 39
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2017, 09:37:01 PM »

i've told this here before, but he had security guards at the gate not letting anyone in

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2210
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2017, 10:10:42 PM »

i've told this here before, but he had security guards at the gate not letting anyone in
You would too if you were overly protective of your crackers

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2017, 01:58:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
That's a Bolds statement.

Thank you

Vert Reynolds

• Rep: -32
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2017, 02:17:15 AM »
I remember around the yr 2000,  The new SK8 park opened up  & some kids dad was at the park with his set up. I remember being Hung Over as Shit & laughing at this Dad Wiggling aggressively around sk8 park on his old Dogtown set up

Fast Forward to Current day. I'm now that Dad's Age & i know why he was Wiggling aggressively through the park 

Insert a Straight Face Emoji
Do You even Street Style ???

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2017, 06:30:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
That's a Bolds statement.

Thank you
Ha!
I remember around the yr 2000,  The new SK8 park opened up  & some kids dad was at the park with his set up. I remember being Hung Over as Shit & laughing at this Dad Wiggling aggressively around sk8 park on his old Dogtown set up

Fast Forward to Current day. I'm now that Dad's Age & i know why he was Wiggling aggressively through the park 

Insert a Straight Face Emoji
Got a similar dude at Vans HB I see whenever I go, full pads and dad Vans. I'm pretty sure he is riding a Jon Allie Zero board and abec -3 bearings because he loses momentum as soon as he rolls down the bank. Come to think of it I have to take a picture of the razor tail that board has...

Dae-su Oh

• Rep: 1
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2017, 03:33:59 PM »
Non-skaters come to the local park to fight. Bums and Heroin addicts chill around the sketchy Public Restroom....numerous OD's have happened. Most of the skaters look like wannabe SoundCloud Trap stars. Parents drop off their scooter kids for the day even though the park is in the worst part of town. Not a fun place to skate unless you're there at the ass crack of dawn and even then you have to deal with the bums camping out.

DM

• Rep: 25
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2017, 08:01:18 PM »
R/C cars and scooters?

AllBranFlakes69

• Rep: 1
  • Make fibre your friend
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2017, 01:56:32 PM »
R/C cars and scooters?

Am I a hypocrite for finding this hilarious?

StevenSeagalsHairline

• Rep: -5
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2017, 01:10:09 AM »
Homeless people overdosing.

Some jackass got his eyeball knocked out in a fight recently.

Another dude died supposedly over a parking spot in the same week.

Still go to this place over the Vans park any day though.

Are you talking about Ponderosa?

Before the basketball courts were put into place and the city moved the bathrooms  near the park entrance at my home skatepark; some of the locals got addicted to heroin, gang activity happened around the area late at night, ramp tramps come and go, fights break out every Friday, an influx of scooters and bikers filled up the park , and drug dealers would just kick it at the park. Now the park is safe while the bikers disappeared, the only dumb shit happens at my skatepark is kids filming antics for Instagram, fuckboys filming music videos, a kook trying to start fights with my friends, and an occasional junkie overdosing in the bathroom.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 01:28:21 AM by StevenSeagalsHairline »

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2017, 04:37:52 AM »
I've got serious back and leg issues and can't skate at the moment
But have to go past the local every other day to go to work and physio shit
Often I stop past and chill watch the homies skate take some photos drink some beers and smoke cigs
I'm in my 30s now and have become mates with some of the younger homies in there 20's
Exchange numbers and shit to talk shit about shit we see online Insta whatever

They seem to like when I drop past and hassle me to get back on board
To you guys might seem like a lurker but I've actually made a few new mates
What can I say I love skating and even if I can't do it at the moment I still
Need to be around it.. is that fucked up??

Tldr i chill at the park without my board and drink beers with the homies

Lobo

• Rep: 2
  • Skate and die !
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2017, 07:43:28 AM »
Hillbilly riding a mini john deere over the ramp,then falling off and breaking his leg must be the dumbest shit I have ever seen

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2017, 07:45:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Homeless people overdosing.

Some jackass got his eyeball knocked out in a fight recently.

Another dude died supposedly over a parking spot in the same week.

Still go to this place over the Vans park any day though.
[close]

Are you talking about Ponderosa?

Before the basketball courts were put into place and the city moved the bathrooms  near the park entrance at my home skatepark; some of the locals got addicted to heroin, gang activity happened around the area late at night, ramp tramps come and go, fights break out every Friday, an influx of scooters and bikers filled up the park , and drug dealers would just kick it at the park. Now the park is safe while the bikers disappeared, the only dumb shit happens at my skatepark is kids filming antics for Instagram, fuckboys filming music videos, a kook trying to start fights with my friends, and an occasional junkie overdosing in the bathroom.
That sums up majority of the Anaheim skate parks and Indy in Fullerton.

unfound_nickname

• Rep: -1
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2017, 01:42:29 PM »
My local skatepark is in the same park where all the prostitute from the city hang out. And I mean 50 yrs old meth head hoes.
I've seen some crazy and nasty shit happen there. Coming at the park at 2h pm and seeing a girl blowing a crackhead is pretty common.
Twice during a session a girl came and start shitting on the main curb. (it was the same girl). Once she start throwing her own shit at people.
The most famous story of our city, and I was there, two prostitute start fighting with their belt, like slapping the hell of each other until their pimp came and start beating the weak one. Then he took a knife out and start to scream at all the skaters watching this madness. My friend had enough and knock him out with his board. About 10min later the pimp woke up, took back his knife and went at my friend screaming, so my friend knock him out a second time with his fist and thrown the knife away. And it's not done...here the funny part.
The pimp went beside the corner store, pack a puff of crack, smoke it, look himself in the window, see his bloody nose and then came back running throwing punch in the air. My friend punch him, he fall, go back to the cornerstore, puff, look himself in the window, see his face and came back again! 4 fucking time he did this. At the end someone had to call the cops cuz the guy keep coming back. The next week we saw the pimp at the park and he didn't remember any of this shit
(sorry for my english writing i'm a french guy)
But beside that there a trend with stupid scooter kid : they come in the park, take a picture of the scooter on a ramp or curb, then leave. Have you see this shit too ?

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2017, 02:38:37 PM »
Joey Brezinski had Stoner shut down for a weekend so he could fill in the planters to make them manual  pads even though there are plenty of manual pads there already. 

ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2017, 02:54:57 PM »
This wasnt my local park. But me and 4 friends drove into Minnesota as we often did, looking at random towns for spots etc.

We find this really good park somewhere outside of st. Cloud in some very small town.

It was straight up odd. A buncha old doods we're cooking pigs on this huge grill at the park, and like 50 yards away was a bar. So all these old doods that don't skate at all are bbquing at the park drinking beers and shit, was actually pretty awesome.

After a few hours some guy comes running up yelling a house was on fire so the park cleared out and we all went to check it out.

Sure as fuck the house was ablaze really bad. 911 was already called so everyone was kinda just watching. Locals said the house was vacant so no worry there.

But the sidewalk in front of the house had this REALLY good bump. So we found a trash can and started filming tricks over it with the house ablaze in the backround. It was super fun and all the drunkards had a hoot.

Ambulance, firetrucks and police get there pretty late, but instantly we get blamed, I guess cause we aren't locals and we are filming.

We spent two nights in jail over that shit without any reasoning and also let go without any reasoning

It was fuckin weird but we were all pretty shook at the potential arson charges even though there was like 30-40 witnesses knowing we didn't set the place on fire.

Anyhow, cops in Minnesota are fucked. Worst I've seen in all my travels.
Gentleman ninja warlock

biggums mcgee

• Rep: 14
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2017, 09:22:34 PM »
Great stories ITT!

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2017, 10:30:44 PM »
This wasnt my local park. But me and 4 friends drove into Minnesota as we often did, looking at random towns for spots etc.

We find this really good park somewhere outside of st. Cloud in some very small town.

It was straight up odd. A buncha old doods we're cooking pigs on this huge grill at the park, and like 50 yards away was a bar. So all these old doods that don't skate at all are bbquing at the park drinking beers and shit, was actually pretty awesome.

After a few hours some guy comes running up yelling a house was on fire so the park cleared out and we all went to check it out.

Sure as fuck the house was ablaze really bad. 911 was already called so everyone was kinda just watching. Locals said the house was vacant so no worry there.

But the sidewalk in front of the house had this REALLY good bump. So we found a trash can and started filming tricks over it with the house ablaze in the backround. It was super fun and all the drunkards had a hoot.

Ambulance, firetrucks and police get there pretty late, but instantly we get blamed, I guess cause we aren't locals and we are filming.

We spent two nights in jail over that shit without any reasoning and also let go without any reasoning

It was fuckin weird but we were all pretty shook at the potential arson charges even though there was like 30-40 witnesses knowing we didn't set the place on fire.

Holy shit thats a gnarly story.  Fucking Minnesotians.  Thought they had a rep for being very nice?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2017, 12:39:06 AM »
The people are great, it's the cops that are huge assholes.

I've been arrested 6 times, all in Minnesota, just for skating
Gentleman ninja warlock

shredder sequel

• Rep: 58
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2017, 08:45:38 AM »
Me skating.

Chuck Gender

« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2017, 09:09:27 AM »

Would you bless us with the footage?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2017, 10:13:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Would you bless us with the footage?

Absolutely if I can get it off my buddy Rob. He's the only one who could afford a Sony handycam at the time lol.

I'll ask him though, I'd actually love to rewatch the footy from that trip. Great times!!!
Gentleman ninja warlock

bandwayrules

• Rep: 2
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2017, 11:53:18 AM »
I was gonna say kids skating the flatbar non stop for 2 hours when a perfect 6 ft bowl sits untouched next to them but your link is probably more dumb.

I mostly skate Apex these days because it's much closer to my house, but man apparently Marsh Creek has gotten real weird since I last went there!

The funniest thing I've ever seen at a park was in Berkeley when well known Bay Area local Pierre got in an argument with a BMX'r, took his bike from him, and then threw it over the tall barb wired fence that protects the Odwalla warehouse next door.  I'm not entirely sure how he ever got it back, I think we took off not long after. 

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2017, 03:23:01 PM »
Telling kids : 'this is not a playground' and telling adults 'this is not a sidewalk'

midwest-pest

• Rep: 0
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2017, 04:16:27 PM »

There's this mob of asshole little kids at my skatepark. They sit around on all the ramps and talk shit when you try to skate them. I've had homies robbed at gunpoint and plenty of shit stolen. They're always picking fights and messing with everybody's shit. I got into a fight with them one time and they trashed my car.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2017, 04:26:40 PM »
My local skatepark is in the same park where all the prostitute from the city hang out. And I mean 50 yrs old meth head hoes.
I've seen some crazy and nasty shit happen there. Coming at the park at 2h pm and seeing a girl blowing a crackhead is pretty common.
Twice during a session a girl came and start shitting on the main curb. (it was the same girl). Once she start throwing her own shit at people.
The most famous story of our city, and I was there, two prostitute start fighting with their belt, like slapping the hell of each other until their pimp came and start beating the weak one. Then he took a knife out and start to scream at all the skaters watching this madness. My friend had enough and knock him out with his board. About 10min later the pimp woke up, took back his knife and went at my friend screaming, so my friend knock him out a second time with his fist and thrown the knife away. And it's not done...here the funny part.
The pimp went beside the corner store, pack a puff of crack, smoke it, look himself in the window, see his bloody nose and then came back running throwing punch in the air. My friend punch him, he fall, go back to the cornerstore, puff, look himself in the window, see his face and came back again! 4 fucking time he did this. At the end someone had to call the cops cuz the guy keep coming back. The next week we saw the pimp at the park and he didn't remember any of this shit
(sorry for my english writing i'm a french guy)
But beside that there a trend with stupid scooter kid : they come in the park, take a picture of the scooter on a ramp or curb, then leave. Have you see this shit too ?

I laughed!
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2017, 10:12:27 PM »
Bums taking dumps on the restroom floors.

LittleCrow

• Rep: 0
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2017, 11:18:56 AM »