Author Topic: Egg Shaped Boards  (Read 217939 times)

disclosed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 166
Re: Egg Shaped Boards
« Reply #2400 on: February 03, 2024, 03:08:00 AM »
set up an egg again. only had one session but like it so far.

Heroin Bailgun gary 9.75
Indy standart 169's
spitfire OG classic 50mm (worn down to 48mm)
Wentelwave Rails.
1/8th risers.

slightly downsized. to hopefully get more consistend crooks compared the the massive magic carpet i normally ride. so far it felt better. actually wanted to get a 9.4 egg but it wasnt for sale anywhere in my country anymore. but i'm liking the symmetrical so far.
had the 10" non symmetrical eggs before but allways tought the tail was small. that isnt a probelm with the symmetrical shape. dont really car for the ride both ways idea, as my front truck is a lot looser than the back.

the rails are made from recycled plastic, i like that these are really short (13.2"), as i allways wheelbite on my rails even when i cut them down. whenever i ride shorter wheelbases normally i wouln't even put rails on for that reason.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1014
« Reply #2402 on: February 14, 2024, 05:49:25 AM »
Boardpusher.com is doing eggs, currently for a limited time

Egg Shape

A symetrical 9.75 inch egg shape, the shape that everyone has been waiting for. Time to jump on an egg and see what you can crack, this shape is ridiculously fun. This limited shape has black stained top and middle plys.

they usually source wood from control
https://www.boardpusher.com/custom/

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #2403 on: February 14, 2024, 08:31:37 AM »

Heroin Bailgun gary 9.75
Indy standart 169's
Wentelwave Rails.
1/8th risers.

slightly downsized. to hopefully get more consistend crooks compared the the massive magic carpet i normally ride. so far it felt better. actually wanted to get a 9.4 egg but it wasnt for sale anywhere in my country anymore. but i'm liking the symmetrical so far.
had the 10" non symmetrical eggs before but allways tought the tail was small. that isnt a probelm with the symmetrical shape. dont really car for the ride both ways idea, as my front truck is a lot looser than the back.

the rails are made from recycled plastic, i like that these are really short (13.2"), as i allways wheelbite on my rails even when i cut them down. whenever i ride shorter wheelbases normally i wouln't even put rails on for that reason.
Oh I love this grip job, you did great on it!

Gland Dongzig

• Rep: 38
« Reply #2404 on: February 14, 2024, 10:31:30 AM »
Expand Quote

Heroin Bailgun gary 9.75
Indy standart 169's
Wentelwave Rails.
1/8th risers.

[close]
x2

disclosed

« Reply #2405 on: February 16, 2024, 08:15:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Heroin Bailgun gary 9.75
Indy standart 169's
Wentelwave Rails.
1/8th risers.

[close]
[close]
x2

i'd disagree. but thanks anyway. i set it up at the shop so i rused it a bit more than usual.
this is a mental thing i guess but horizontal lines in the middle make the board look wider and then i feel more secure on it.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1014
« Reply #2406 on: February 16, 2024, 09:18:06 AM »
CCS budget egg? ($49.99). pick your color, easy to remove graphic.

https://shop.ccs.com/products/ccs-over-easy-egg1-shaped-skateboard-deck-black

spec
9in x 32.125
14.25 wb
tapered nose and tail

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2407 on: February 16, 2024, 10:29:42 AM »
Is a pretty solid graphics imo
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Gland Dongzig

« Reply #2408 on: February 16, 2024, 01:14:04 PM »

spec
9in x 32.125
14.25 wb
tapered nose and tail
Am I correct in assuming most 9-9.125 eggs are 8.75 truck friendly (within reason)

FunnyBunny

• Rep: 20
« Reply #2409 on: February 16, 2024, 01:28:56 PM »
Expand Quote

spec
9in x 32.125
14.25 wb
tapered nose and tail
[close]
Am I correct in assuming most 9-9.125 eggs are 8.75 truck friendly (within reason)

Yeah, I think youíre right on the money.  Iíve ridden both 9.25 and 9Ē symmetrical heroin eggs on ace Af1 60ís. I bet a 9.125 would be perfect for 8.75 trucks.

G_Money

• Rep: 12
« Reply #2410 on: February 16, 2024, 04:28:37 PM »
What size trucks are you using on the 9.75 egg shapes? Thinking of slapping a graphic on that board pusher blank posted above.

shalominator

• Rep: 22
« Reply #2411 on: February 16, 2024, 04:37:49 PM »
Expand Quote

spec
9in x 32.125
14.25 wb
tapered nose and tail
[close]

I prefer 8.5 trucks with 8.8 - 9.125 eggs. I tried 8.75 for a while and was harder for me to flip my board.

Gland Dongzig

« Reply #2412 on: February 16, 2024, 10:19:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

spec
9in x 32.125
14.25 wb
tapered nose and tail
[close]
[close]

Yeah, I think youíre right on the money.  Iíve ridden both 9.25 and 9Ē symmetrical heroin eggs on ace Af1 60ís. I bet a 9.125 would be perfect for 8.75 trucks.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

spec
9in x 32.125
14.25 wb
tapered nose and tail
[close]
[close]

I prefer 8.5 trucks with 8.8 - 9.125 eggs. I tried 8.75 for a while and was harder for me to flip my board.
I have new 159s on my loveseat and its kinda laborious to flip..but unfortunately I donít own any 8.5 trucks so I must power through haha

disclosed

« Reply #2413 on: February 17, 2024, 01:08:23 AM »
What size trucks are you using on the 9.75 egg shapes? Thinking of slapping a graphic on that board pusher blank posted above.
i measured mine from heroin and its like 9.3 where the axle sits.
i'd say Indy 169, ace 66 classics or AF1 77. depending on your preferences.

marcusbutler

• Rep: 26
« Reply #2414 on: February 17, 2024, 05:52:41 PM »
Here's the impact stripe, kennedy and big egg side by side.  The kennedy has a pointier nose and slightly fatter tail, big egg is more symmetrical football, and the impact stripe is more like the kennedy but just feels overall bigger.

That Kennedy shape is nutz! Looking to set up a cruiser and I got to track down that board.
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
« Reply #2415 on: February 17, 2024, 07:11:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Here's the impact stripe, kennedy and big egg side by side.  The kennedy has a pointier nose and slightly fatter tail, big egg is more symmetrical football, and the impact stripe is more like the kennedy but just feels overall bigger.

[close]

That Kennedy shape is nutz! Looking to set up a cruiser and I got to track down that board.

Crail always has Phawts on sale. You can get one for $42 right now. Also, it is essentially the same shape at the Antihoer Huffer with differentiations concave and nose/ tail steepness.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #2416 on: February 25, 2024, 01:05:56 PM »

I have 169s on my 9.75, fits perfectly.