Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 540997 times)

jakeumms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #2430 on: November 14, 2020, 05:47:16 PM »
I haven't followed every drop but I am relatively sure that's a new model from Strangelove. Looks like a bigger Barnyard? One way or the other, that's a dope post.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #2431 on: November 14, 2020, 08:30:03 PM »

Flipping some 215’s. What deck is this? Old Strangelove?

i saw footage of him skating that shape on IG a year or two ago and he was absolutely destroying on it.

the caption on the post says "foreshadowing" so I'm guessing its an upcoming shape
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #2432 on: November 14, 2020, 10:44:52 PM »
Just got this board, been after one for a while and jumped on it when they came back up.  Blockhead Streetstyle, withmodern truck holes.  Flat as a tack, normal tail & wheelbase length but with a shorter nose.  Got some Pink 80s Rib Bones ready to go on it.

Dimensions: 9.125 x 30.125”, 15.5” wheelbase, 6.625 tail, 4.25” nose (longer because of modern hole pattern)

larryhagman

« Reply #2433 on: November 14, 2020, 11:19:56 PM »

Flipping some 215’s. What deck is this? Old Strangelove?

Beautiful board
Beautiful ad

sexhaver2006

• Rep: -13
« Reply #2434 on: November 16, 2020, 03:44:31 PM »
Just got this board, been after one for a while and jumped on it when they came back up.  Blockhead Streetstyle, withmodern truck holes.  Flat as a tack, normal tail & wheelbase length but with a shorter nose.  Got some Pink 80s Rib Bones ready to go on it.

Dimensions: 9.125 x 30.125”, 15.5” wheelbase, 6.625 tail, 4.25” nose (longer because of modern hole pattern)

God damn thats a beautiful board, looks so fun. If it wasn't sold out I would pick one up.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2435 on: November 16, 2020, 04:25:48 PM »
It's so  odd that last photo with the Blockhead up against the Tired board, as the blockhead is  half a nose shorter.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2436 on: November 16, 2020, 04:43:03 PM »
It's so  odd that last photo with the Blockhead up against the Tired board, as the blockhead is  half a nose shorter.

When Tired boards went on clearance here and everyone was snapping them up, a lot of people were not so happy with the short wheelbases on them, so quite a few I know drilled them out a bit more.

How did you find yours?

This is from a while back, when messing with some bigger boards, but see the last couple of pics for the longer wheelbase.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2437 on: November 16, 2020, 04:46:59 PM »
I picked up a couple of the 10 inch popsicle 35th ave skate shop decks. They are great, but the tails are starting to razor now. 35th ave has been out of stock of the 10 inch popsicle for a while now. My question is what other shops have 10 inch popsicle shop decks?

I know some others who are looking for this sort of ride.

Do you recall or have specs for those?  More so just length and wheelbase.

This sort of thing was another option, but some people were willing to go to much greater lengths to get exactly what they wanted to ride.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2438 on: November 16, 2020, 04:48:27 PM »
I really loved mine.  A steep nose and tail for what i'm used to, but once I got used to it, it was really responsive and snappy for me.  Wood has lasted well too, not that i'm giving it a huge workout but I love it.  Going to be hard to to the paddlepop stick vibe of the Blockhead, but looking forward to it.  I need to hurry and set it up as it looks so good I kinda dont want to  wreck  it..

I've been riding my Old Yeller Anti Hero quite a bit and just went back to the tired... Man that  Old Yeller has a long wheelbase, it's like skating with weights on.  Love them both though.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 04:57:50 PM by radcunt »

TumKayo

« Reply #2439 on: November 17, 2020, 01:45:00 PM »
I set these up last week.

Only have about 15-20 minutes on each, winter is trying to take hold now in the Sierra.

I took the risers off the Mutant, put on harder bushings and those orb wheels, and it felt really good skating in my garage. Wanna get it into a bowl setup like that. CalSk8 has this beast in stock online right now if anyone is interested. I hope Heroin does a run of these every year, same with the 10” egg. On 215s. I want more 215s in my life! 

I did get the Gonz in a bowl a little bit, and a few minutes of cruising. It feels a little more squirrely in the park than my other boards for some reason. It’s got the same wheelbase as most of my boards, and on 169s, so who tf knows. It may need some Thunder 161s and smaller wheels. It may just be the longer tail changing up my weight distribution. It does however feel awesome cruisin around on the street and ollies super high. This and the Heroin Street Baller will have to duke it out for best city street mess around board, I’m moving to SF next month.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 03:12:56 PM by TumKayo »

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2440 on: November 17, 2020, 04:33:33 PM »
I set these up last week.

I took the risers off the Mutant, put on harder bushings and those orb wheels, and it felt really good skating in my garage. Wanna get it into a bowl setup like that. CalSk8 has this beast in stock online right now if anyone is interested. I hope Heroin does a run of these every year, same with the 10” egg. On 215s. I want more 215s in my life! 

I did get the Gonz in a bowl a little bit, and a few minutes of cruising. It feels a little more squirrely in the park than my other boards for some reason. It’s got the same wheelbase as most of my boards, and on 169s, so who tf knows. It may need some Thunder 161s and smaller wheels. It may just be the longer tail changing up my weight distribution. It does however feel awesome cruisin around on the street and ollies super high. This and the Heroin Street Baller will have to duke it out for best city street mess around board, I’m moving to SF next month.

They look like LOTS of fun!!!

Did you get a bit of 169 axle sticking out over the back on the Gonz? (or front for that matter)

If it is a more normal wheelbase they will feel like they have a lighter turn too.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #2441 on: November 17, 2020, 05:02:03 PM »
I'm skating the same gonz shape 9.81 with venture 6.1, 9.125 is too big of a truck in back for sure.
I had thunder 161's on it before and wasn't too fond of it, feels way more nimble with 6.1 Ventures.
Plus it looks like a gonz blind era setup with the front truck sitting in.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #2442 on: November 17, 2020, 05:05:13 PM »
Agreed. I rode the Sweatpants with 159s. I tried it with Ace 55s and like 144p said, they were too wide out the back. With shaped decks, I try to line up the back truck not the front. A bit of hover up front is more period correct.

TumKayo

« Reply #2443 on: November 17, 2020, 05:33:37 PM »
I just measured the Gonz at each axle. 8.875" in the rear, 9.5" front.

I may experiment with my 151s, but whenever I have trucks smaller than the board, I find I land on the edge of the board more doing ollies and trying to get my heel flips. Like accidental primo more often. That's just me.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2444 on: November 17, 2020, 05:58:33 PM »

I may experiment with my 151s, but whenever I have trucks smaller than the board, I find I land on the edge of the board more doing ollies and trying to get my heel flips. Like accidental primo more often. That's just me.

Sorry to bug you, but can you check the wheelbase too?

And it is only single wheelbase isn't it, not double drilled, even though you could drill it out if it felt too short.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #2445 on: November 17, 2020, 06:35:26 PM »
Is that Gonz just the sweatpants shape with a new graphic? I looked at the 2020 Krooked catalogs and didn't see it but I get that the supply chain is gonna be iffy for a while. It would be cool if Krooked kinda landed on a few consistent shapes the way Polar does instead of a weird hodgepodge with every drop.

Maybe they were doing this and covid fucked it all up and I'm a big dummy.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

TumKayo

« Reply #2446 on: November 17, 2020, 07:36:30 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Sorry to bug you, but can you check the wheelbase too?

And it is only single wheelbase isn't it, not double drilled, even though you could drill it out if it felt too short.

Not bugging at all, I love this type of stuff. It's 14.38" wheelbase, exactly as described.

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #2447 on: November 17, 2020, 07:49:20 PM »
Is that Gonz just the sweatpants shape with a new graphic? I looked at the 2020 Krooked catalogs and didn't see it but I get that the supply chain is gonna be iffy for a while. It would be cool if Krooked kinda landed on a few consistent shapes the way Polar does instead of a weird hodgepodge with every drop.

Maybe they were doing this and covid fucked it all up and I'm a big dummy.

except for the .01, 9.81 & 9.8, all the other dims are the same and it looks the same to me.

TumKayo

« Reply #2448 on: November 17, 2020, 08:03:38 PM »
Krooked just came out with two new Ray Barbee pro models too. A 9.5" and a 10" I think. A little too shaped for me, but they look cool.

Jory4

• Rep: 106
« Reply #2449 on: November 18, 2020, 12:16:22 AM »
Have you got a link to the barbee models?

Jory4

« Reply #2451 on: November 18, 2020, 03:48:55 AM »
Thanks! My Google fu is obviously weak today!

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #2452 on: November 18, 2020, 04:04:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Have you got a link to the barbee models?
[close]

https://www.paradeworld.com/products/krooked-ray-barbee-clouds-deck-95-183-6087748681915/
There's the 9.5
https://www.paradeworld.com/products/krooked-barbee-flames-deck-10-44-5905738662053/
There's the 10

Im obviously happy Barbee has a pro board...and I’ll probably get one of the 9.5’s...but I’m a little disappointed with the shape...i was hoping something more in the vein of brown bomber, like the shape he had when he was on element.

Anyone know about the dimensions of that 9.5? Length and WB?

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2453 on: November 18, 2020, 05:08:07 AM »

Im obviously happy Barbee has a pro board...and I’ll probably get one of the 9.5’s...but I’m a little disappointed with the shape...i was hoping something more in the vein of brown bomber, like the shape he had when he was on element.

Width - 9.5"
Length - 31.75"
Wheelbase - 14.25"

Jory4

« Reply #2454 on: November 18, 2020, 05:57:15 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Width - 9.5"
Length - 31.75"
Wheelbase - 14.25"

Yeah I agree shape wise. Tail is super 80’s looking and a bit square for me ( like his old Powell model?!) which is a shame as I’m a ray fan and would have bought one otherwise

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2455 on: November 18, 2020, 07:56:27 AM »
Is the wheelbase on the Heroin Mutant? I see conflicting information on different websites, some say 14.6 and some say 14.3

TumKayo

« Reply #2456 on: November 18, 2020, 09:40:55 AM »

Lol you just want to stock up on a few more brown bomber type shapes!

Is the wheelbase on the Heroin Mutant? I see conflicting information on different websites, some say 14.6 and some say 14.3

14.38”

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2457 on: November 18, 2020, 12:20:57 PM »

Expand Quote
[close]

14.38”

Thanks, I'm grabbing one.

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #2458 on: November 18, 2020, 05:35:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Lol you just want to stock up on a few more brown bomber type shapes!

Expand Quote
[close]

14.38”

Tbf if it was that shape i would stock up! Mainly because Barbee has been my favourite skater since the late 80’s...and also since my brother was on flow from a local shop, the owner gave me a free Barbee deck, original ragdoll dipped blue.

TumKayo

« Reply #2459 on: November 18, 2020, 08:12:52 PM »
The mutant is nuts. So much fun. Idk if it can dethrone the 10" Egg as my favorite shaped board, but it's close.

Gonz is growing on me, but I think I prefer the Street Baller in 3rd place. Villani Egg is Meh for me. I really wanted to like it, but I don't skate well on it. I haven't tried the Space Egg yet, but having doubts.

Thinking I'm going to sell the smaller eggs to fund more big board experimentation. Want to try a Scram board next.

The 35th Ave 9" popsicle is my favorite board ever, big or small. It's making me rethink how small I really have to go. Will be getting more for sure.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 08:21:09 PM by TumKayo »