Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 540901 times)

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #2790 on: January 15, 2021, 11:15:35 AM »
Expand Quote
anyone know where to snag a dane 1 online? had no luck finding a replacement at my local and google is only giving me the "sold out options"
[close]

Only the oldest skate shop on the planet....
https://www.calsk8.com/shop-skateboards/p/dane-brady-bistro-dane-1-shape-975-deck-by-polar-skateboards
+1
my day is made
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Frank and Fred

« Reply #2791 on: January 15, 2021, 12:25:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
anyone know where to snag a dane 1 online? had no luck finding a replacement at my local and google is only giving me the "sold out options"
[close]

Only the oldest skate shop on the planet....
https://www.calsk8.com/shop-skateboards/p/dane-brady-bistro-dane-1-shape-975-deck-by-polar-skateboards
[close]
+1
my day is made

Order guilt free, knowing you are supporting cool people.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2792 on: January 15, 2021, 03:16:04 PM »
Expand Quote

I just asked the same thing in the woodshop thread haha I want that 9" pop bad but I'm curious about the wood/dimensions as well.

EDIT: just saw you replied to me haha I don't have instagram etc. so I can't DM them, Idk why they wouldn't list the dimensions on the website.
[close]
i asked for dimensions on IG, let you know if they reply
they said call any shop and they’ll be able to assist. Didn’t know exact dims over IG

Fooj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 182
« Reply #2793 on: January 15, 2021, 03:59:02 PM »
BA's AH shape is back.

Anyone use this shape before?  Got some thunder 161s in my closet, might have to pick this thing up

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2794 on: January 15, 2021, 04:17:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I just asked the same thing in the woodshop thread haha I want that 9" pop bad but I'm curious about the wood/dimensions as well.

EDIT: just saw you replied to me haha I don't have instagram etc. so I can't DM them, Idk why they wouldn't list the dimensions on the website.
[close]
i asked for dimensions on IG, let you know if they reply
[close]
they said call any shop and they’ll be able to assist. Didn’t know exact dims over IG

The guy checking the instagram account while sitting on the toilet or something?

How hard would it be if you were actually in one of the stores within a 24 hour period to do a quick check and get back to you.  Whatever...
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2795 on: January 15, 2021, 04:26:14 PM »
Expand Quote
BA's AH shape is back.

[close]

Anyone use this shape before?  Got some thunder 161s in my closet, might have to pick this thing up

Looks good, but always harder on the eye when it is on an angle like that.  I saw there were some (more just easier to look at) on Skate Warehouse, with good pics and dimensions.

Features:

Width - 9.25"
Length - 32.25"
Wheelbase - 14.5"

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Anti_Hero_Brian_Anderson_Lance_Art_Deck/descpage-AHBALXDK.html

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2796 on: January 15, 2021, 04:37:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
BA's AH shape is back.

[close]

[close]

Looks good, but always harder on the eye when it is on an angle like that.  I saw there were some (more just easier to look at) on Skate Warehouse, with good pics and dimensions.

Features:

Width - 9.25"
Length - 32.25"
Wheelbase - 14.5"

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Anti_Hero_Brian_Anderson_Lance_Art_Deck/descpage-AHBALXDK.html

you think he’s riding 66’s from his new ace ad on that shape

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2797 on: January 15, 2021, 04:57:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
BA's AH shape is back.

[close]

[close]

Features:

Width - 9.25"
Length - 32.25"
Wheelbase - 14.5"

[close]

Both Grosso and BA had 55s on their setups when someone asked, I recall somewhere.

Those things are big!

55   6.37"   9.00"   8.50" to 9.12"
66   6.75"   9.35"   9.12" to 9.62"

cucktard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #2798 on: January 15, 2021, 05:43:00 PM »
Expand Quote
BA's AH shape is back.

[close]

I had one. Fun board, surprisingly short web for a big guy like BA. Lots of nose on it for a shaped board, a bit much for me. Gave it to a friend who loves it.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Frank and Fred

« Reply #2799 on: January 15, 2021, 06:33:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
BA's AH shape is back.

[close]

[close]

Features:

Width - 9.25"
Length - 32.25"
Wheelbase - 14.5"

[close]

BA was on Indy when that shape came out and was riding 159s on it. I wonder if he is on the new Ace 66s? (sounds like they are going to be narrower than the current ones).

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #2800 on: January 15, 2021, 09:59:21 PM »
In that Ace ad they’re promoting the 66 with BA.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #2801 on: January 15, 2021, 10:13:03 PM »
Expand Quote
BA's AH shape is back.

[close]

I had this board. it'd probably pair nice with thunder 161s. I ran 159 forged hollows on it, probably would've been more fun with standard 169s or ace 55s though.
it's a fun shape though. nice square tail.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #2802 on: January 16, 2021, 08:21:03 AM »

Just put together this bad boy. 9.5 Krooked, Indy 169s, some 56mm semi soft powell wheels, reds, and some risers. Thing is so fun to push around on. Got a rub brick and about to go to town on some curbs being built next door to me.

Edit: needed to rock somewhat tighter trucks than usual at least for now, but this thing is a blast. Flip tricks aren’t terrible on it for me but definitely have to focus more than usual to get any pop.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 11:54:20 AM by NoComply180 »

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2803 on: January 16, 2021, 03:39:13 PM »
Expand Quote
I’m back:

Tbh, the graphic isn’t exactly wall hanger material and I kept fantasizing about riding it ...
[close]

very curious to know how you like it, I have it as the next board up and I can't wait.
will let you know, went for my first roll on it yesterday but I wasn’t really having a good day and it sorta felt strange coming from my surf shape with aces...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #2804 on: January 16, 2021, 05:34:04 PM »
Apparently the grosso lance mountain deck is restocking as well.
Sold out at so cal before I was able to nab one. Don’t want to buy the black label grosso forever reissue because at $100 I probably wouldn’t skate it.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2805 on: January 17, 2021, 03:47:44 AM »
Apparently the grosso lance mountain deck is restocking as well.
Sold out at so cal before I was able to nab one. Don’t want to buy the black label grosso forever reissue because at $100 I probably wouldn’t skate it.

I think those things almost caused a riot, all sold out ASAP!!!

Rad boards though.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
« Reply #2806 on: January 17, 2021, 12:23:52 PM »
Set this up as if I'm in good condition to skate. It'll probably collect dust for a couple months, unfortunately. Such an unpractical shape, but it's fun to skate so who cares.

Uncut deck cut by me, 9.75" x 32.5" with 14.5" wb (currently learning how to cut deck shapes and then open an online shop hopefully in the near future. Drilling mounting holes is a BITCH)

Indy 169 (USA made just to flex  8) )

Speedlab Slappy Hour wheels 56mm 99a

1/4" Mini Logo risers

1/4" Mini Logo hardware

MOB

Bones Swiss

animalflesh

« Reply #2807 on: January 17, 2021, 05:44:00 PM »
I think punk points function just fine

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 222
« Reply #2808 on: January 18, 2021, 07:51:26 AM »
So I had this board custom made at deadbroke skateboards but not sure I’m going to set it up. 9” full with 6.625 tail, 14.5 WB, around 6.75 nose. Wood is solid and stiff but tail looks / feels too flat for me. The veneer they made this from is amazing.
For comparison it’s next to a HOPPS/ generator 8.75.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #2809 on: January 18, 2021, 12:29:16 PM »
So I had this board custom made at deadbroke skateboards but not sure I’m going to set it up. 9” full with 6.625 tail, 14.5 WB, around 6.75 nose. Wood is solid and stiff but tail looks / feels too flat for me. The veneer they made this from is amazing.
For comparison it’s next to a HOPPS/ generator 8.75.

Looks nice and short. .5” too long in the wb for me, but damn, looks good

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 222
« Reply #2810 on: January 18, 2021, 04:13:08 PM »
It is pretty short. https://deadbrokedesigns.com/

They were really cool to work with. Longest WB they felt comfortable with was 14.5

Bottom veneer

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #2811 on: January 18, 2021, 06:14:02 PM »
Let us know how they skate.
I love the crazy designs they do.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2812 on: January 18, 2021, 06:34:20 PM »
Those look really nice. Like those blotter test decks

Antz

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2813 on: January 19, 2021, 04:13:23 PM »
I just measured the Gonz at each axle. 8.875" in the rear, 9.5" front.

I may experiment with my 151s, but whenever I have trucks smaller than the board, I find I land on the edge of the board more doing ollies and trying to get my heel flips. Like accidental primo more often. That's just me.

Hi guys,

Just picked up a gonz stairs deck after not skating for some 25 years... just wondering if you ended up experimenting with different truck sizes. I ended up getting   a set of 159 mids from a friend you think those will work with this board?
Thanks for your input

animalflesh

« Reply #2814 on: January 19, 2021, 04:14:57 PM »
Throw conical wheels on there and you’ll be fine

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2815 on: January 19, 2021, 05:39:57 PM »
Expand Quote

I may experiment with my 151s, but whenever I have trucks smaller than the board, I find I land on the edge of the board more doing ollies and trying to get my heel flips. Like accidental primo more often. That's just me.
[close]

Hi guys,

Just picked up a gonz stairs deck after not skating for some 25 years... just wondering if you ended up experimenting with different truck sizes. I ended up getting   a set of 159 mids from a friend you think those will work with this board?
Thanks for your input

They will work, but if you feel like they are not so stable, going up to 169 Indy or 66 Ace might be more stable / too wide for your liking.

Depending on how you like your trucks, you might need to swap out those bushings if you like them tighter, but they will ride fine if you are lighter or like them looser.

The wheels will also make a big difference too, so if you got something like Slimeballs or big wide wheels, the 159s will be fine, but if you got some smaller skinny wheels, they might feel undersized for the board.

The best way is set it up with what you have first, see how that feels, then get what you might need with advice from a local shop if you have one, not to say they will be able to tell you everything, but at least you can usually check things out and size things up before buying.

Antz

« Reply #2816 on: January 19, 2021, 07:33:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

They will work, but if you feel like they are not so stable, going up to 169 Indy or 66 Ace might be more stable / too wide for your liking.

Depending on how you like your trucks, you might need to swap out those bushings if you like them tighter, but they will ride fine if you are lighter or like them looser.

The wheels will also make a big difference too, so if you got something like Slimeballs or big wide wheels, the 159s will be fine, but if you got some smaller skinny wheels, they might feel undersized for the board.

The best way is set it up with what you have first, see how that feels, then get what you might need with advice from a local shop if you have one, not to say they will be able to tell you everything, but at least you can usually check things out and size things up before buying.
[close]

Never liked skinny wheels .. but with the lower trucks I was thinking of getting something like 54mm keyframes the board would be mostly for cruising with the occasional Ollie once a get my legs back
I figured based on the measurements listed above the 159s were a better fit at the rear compared to 169s
And I also got hard bushings as I am 200lbs
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 07:47:54 PM by Antz »

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2817 on: January 19, 2021, 08:43:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Never liked skinny wheels .. but with the lower trucks I was thinking of getting something like 54mm keyframes the board would be mostly for cruising with the occasional Ollie once a get my legs back
I figured based on the measurements listed above the 159s were a better fit at the rear compared to 169s

Yes!  Sounds like you have it worked out nicely then.

Should be a fun ride once you have it all set up!

Antz

« Reply #2818 on: January 19, 2021, 09:38:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yes!  Sounds like you have it worked out nicely then.

Should be a fun ride once you have it all set up!

I’m hoping it will be . After so much time away I wonder if I can still push 😂😂😂😂

Thanks for your help

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #2819 on: January 19, 2021, 10:41:09 PM »
Anyone know the front/back truck measurements for the Dane 1? I’ve seen that Ace 55s fit, but they’re so damn heavy. Curious if some slightly smaller trucks would work. I don’t mind if my trucks are a little smaller as long as it doesn’t magic carpet too bad.