Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 537481 times)

Srt32srt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #4020 on: October 22, 2021, 06:57:59 AM »
-9.25" Girl couch deck,
thunder 151 polished light trucks
Orbs pugs wheels 54mm
bones reds bearings,
mob grip
heroin 1/8" glow stack risers 

-9.4" x 32" heroin mutant egg (shortened wb to 13.95")
independent 169 forged titanium trucks
orbs pugs wheels 54mm
quantum atom ceramic bearings
jessup grip

-10.1" Heroin Eyeballer (front truck wb shortened 1", 14"wb),
Ace Classic 66 trucks,
mini logo 1/4" riser,
Spitfire charger 80hd 54mm
Bones reds bearings
mob grip

Kevve

• Rep: 12
« Reply #4021 on: October 22, 2021, 02:30:11 PM »
Gotta post my updated collection here:

- used BlackLabel 10' Lance GuestModel
- Dogtown Ben Schroeder Reissue (my cruiser setup, Indy 215, Powell Bombers)
- Blast Jake Snelling 10 (main setup, Ace 66 classics, September Wheels)
- Frog Milic Board (my street setup, Indy 169, Jivaro Wheels)
- Heroin Mutant Board (my Vert setup, Ace 66 classic, OJ Elites 55)
- my old Scram 10'
- my first Snelling Board that lasted my almost 2 months
- one of many fixer Pig Tanks that I have skated, unfortunately they dont make that shape anymore

- one of my most valuable posessions, my original BAKU board
- my 9 inch popsicle that I kept cause of the gripjob
- my death 9.75
- a new Fixer Pig Tank spraypainted by them (new shape, new wood)
- an old mutant board that I spraypainted black cause I was over the green
- an original Gator board with trackers that I found in a barn

---- NEW BOARDS ----

- 2 of the new Fixer pig tanks that they spraypaint themselves on a new mold
- a Dave Allen Death 9.75
- 3 Scram 10'
- 3 Blast Snelling boards that come in paperbags, which I dont want to open before skating them
- 2 Heroin mutant shapes (I wish they brought back the first mutant graphic)

Thats a proper collection right there!

Do you know the dimensions on the herion deck? Cant find them anywhere. Also how are the kicks on it?

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 503
« Reply #4022 on: October 22, 2021, 06:11:08 PM »

- my old Scram 10'
- one of many fixer Pig Tanks that I have skated, unfortunately they dont make that shape anymore

- my death 9.75

---- NEW BOARDS ----

- 3 Scram 10'
- 3 Blast Snelling boards that come in paperbags, which I dont want to open before skating them

super curious what trucks/wheels you had on the baku deck. is that the 10"? things are beasts, really fun

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #4023 on: October 23, 2021, 11:41:32 AM »
Setting up a new curb/cruiser combo board and picked this up. 9” with a great shape and concave. Stoked to throw some rails on it and get to slappin on my way to the store.

host images online free

Sorry for bumping my own post like a twat but was hoping for some advice. Finally gripped and stickered this thing, got some rails and have some old trucks and wheels to put on for now but wanted to maybe just get a fresh set and have fun with it. Ideally I’d like it to be skateable like a normal board so no soft wheels. But what size trucks and wheels would be ideal? Also benefits of running one rail as opposed to two? Any input would be great! Thanks in advance to everyone who is much more knowledgeable than I am on this.

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4024 on: October 23, 2021, 12:17:43 PM »
Expand Quote

- my old Scram 10'

- my death 9.75

---- NEW BOARDS ----

- 3 Scram 10'
[close]

super curious what trucks/wheels you had on the baku deck. is that the 10"? things are beasts, really fun

Had some 215s on it. Didnt skate it much though. Wanted to safe it for my collection

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #4025 on: October 23, 2021, 06:46:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Setting up a new curb/cruiser combo board and picked this up. 9” with a great shape and concave. Stoked to throw some rails on it and get to slappin on my way to the store.

host images online free
[close]

Sorry for bumping my own post like a twat but was hoping for some advice. Finally gripped and stickered this thing, got some rails and have some old trucks and wheels to put on for now but wanted to maybe just get a fresh set and have fun with it. Ideally I’d like it to be skateable like a normal board so no soft wheels. But what size trucks and wheels would be ideal? Also benefits of running one rail as opposed to two? Any input would be great! Thanks in advance to everyone who is much more knowledgeable than I am on this.

I take that is a love seat,  I would myself put tensor mag lights 5.75 (8.5 axle)
That's my big truck of choice coz of weight and grind.

Some people seem on here seem to like Ventures on that shape coz of the short wheelbase

Any 8.5 or 8.75 trucks depending on your preference would suit that board imo

Keep in mind that Aces or Indy's will make that wheelbase pretty small

Fhk

« Reply #4026 on: October 23, 2021, 06:57:06 PM »
Expand Quote

host images online free
[close]

I skate mine with 6.1 Ventures and 54-56 Spitfire conical fulls. I have never had good results with one rail so I stick two on. Very fun shape..enjoy

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4027 on: October 23, 2021, 07:53:02 PM »

Indy 215’s (on forged plates with hollow kingpins)
48mm formula 4 99s from the spare parts
New mini logo bearings because Blender
Board is the 10” tgm hand screened with acrylic paint
I redrilled the wheelbase from 16” to 14”.
 The tail is now 6.88 from 6.5. I used a 6 hole plate and extended the tail by 3/8”
The nose got cut down 2” with a jigsaw and the wheelbase got drilled way in to make 14”

My first set of 215’s (traded with someone here on slap) and wanted that sweet feeling of a 14” wheelbase and also wanted it as low as possible, so I used the forged plates and my smallest wheels.
Now, my goal is to wear down my 97a spitfires to this small so that those can go on this one.
Have a good Sunday slap people

« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 08:02:00 PM by theloniousmonk »

animalflesh

« Reply #4028 on: October 23, 2021, 09:07:52 PM »
Expand Quote

host images online free
[close]

Eggie_Vedder has this deck and I’m pretty sure he skates it with 149 and 55 OG classics feels great

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 273
« Reply #4029 on: October 23, 2021, 11:42:01 PM »
Expand Quote

host images online free
[close]

i'd go for thunder 151 team hollows or venture high 6.1 on these.

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #4030 on: October 24, 2021, 05:47:27 AM »
cross posting it here if anyone is interested but I've got 2 curb killers and a dead dave for sale below retail -

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4031 on: October 24, 2021, 05:54:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

host images online free
[close]

[close]

i'd go for thunder 151 team hollows or venture high 6.1 on these.
I ran 8.5” tenders mag atgs on mine and it was fun. I’d say any 149 truck would work out as well. It will flip easier

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4032 on: October 24, 2021, 07:21:43 AM »
Expand Quote

host images online free
[close]

I skate my big boy setups with film 6.0 and 52mm loopholes. Haven’t ran a single rail in years, but from memory you ran it on the toe side no? Although I think it seems more logical on the heel side …

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #4033 on: October 24, 2021, 11:04:58 AM »
Single rail toeside for feebles and using your heel as a break.
I would just use 2 so you can combo(board to hurricane)

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4034 on: October 24, 2021, 11:29:00 AM »
Thank you all for the info and suggestions!! I’ll report back when I get it fully set up!

Eggie Vedder

• Rep: 32
« Reply #4035 on: October 24, 2021, 12:28:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

host images online free
[close]

[close]

Eggie_Vedder has this deck and I’m pretty sure he skates it with 149 and 55 OG classics feels great

I do skate it with 149s and 55 OG classics . The back truck sits pretty close to flush and the front is just a little inset. 149s or similar sized trucks will make it feel more like a popsicle. For me it’s the best all around shape. The short wheelbase makes it super agile but being a little wider also makes it feel pretty stable too. It definitely skates like a normal board. It’s my main setup and I normally skate ledges and some transition. For wheels I would go with whatever you normally ride. You’ll be surprised how well you can flip it.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4036 on: October 24, 2021, 12:34:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

host images online free
[close]

[close]

[close]

I do skate it with 149s and 55 OG classics . The back truck sits pretty close to flush and the front is just a little inset. 149s or similar sized trucks will make it feel more like a popsicle. For me it’s the best all around shape. The short wheelbase makes it super agile but being a little wider also makes it feel pretty stable too. It definitely skates like a normal board. It’s my main setup and I normally skate ledges and some transition. For wheels I would go with whatever you normally ride. You’ll be surprised how well you can flip it.

Fuck yeah thanks dude. I’m so stoked to set this thing up now.

Fhk

« Reply #4037 on: October 24, 2021, 01:39:45 PM »
Expand Quote

- my old Scram 10'

- my death 9.75

---- NEW BOARDS ----

- 3 Scram 10'
[close]

Heilige Scheisse
Top picture 3rd one from the right looks so good. I would love to skate that setup

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4038 on: October 24, 2021, 11:58:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

- my old Scram 10'

- my death 9.75

---- NEW BOARDS ----

- 3 Scram 10'
[close]

Heilige Scheisse
[close]
Top picture 3rd one from the right looks so good. I would love to skate that setup

You mean the Scram Bomber? It's a very good board, but out of all the boards I currently have I prefer either the Blast Snelling board or the mutant. Those two shapes are literally perfect!

Sonny Paluso

« Reply #4039 on: October 25, 2021, 12:01:31 AM »
Creature Graham 9.0 (15"wb)
Indy 169 TI
Spitfire 53mm F4 lock ins
Swiss
1/8" riser

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4040 on: October 25, 2021, 12:21:58 AM »
Indy 169 TI
Swiss
1/8" riser

This is the creature DIY coffeetable that you traced the Stu Graham shape on? I love blank boards!

Sonny Paluso

« Reply #4041 on: October 25, 2021, 01:56:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Indy 169 TI
Swiss
1/8" riser

[close]

This is the creature DIY coffeetable that you traced the Stu Graham shape on? I love blank boards!

Nope, it was a Stu Graham garbage pale kid deck from probably 9 years ago that I sanded the graphic off way back when. I have a  trunk hoard of decks. I think that was my oldest. Still straight as an arrow. Next oldest I have are pre prison CK1 phawts x 2.

Edit: i've been holding onto that sticker for the perfect board. It's an old Paisley Skateboards sticker. Anyone else familiar with that feline?

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4042 on: October 25, 2021, 02:02:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Indy 169 TI
Swiss
1/8" riser

[close]

[close]

Nope, it was a Stu Graham garbage pale kid deck from probably 9 years ago that I sanded the graphic off way back when. I have a  trunk hoard of decks. I think that was my oldest. Still straight as an arrow. Next oldest I have are pre prison CK1 phawts x 2.

Edit: i've been holding onto that sticker for the perfect board. It's an old Paisley Skateboards sticker. Anyone else familiar with that feline?

I used to ride lots of the Creature 9' back before I discovered my love for shaped boards. Can't understand how I did that though. Those boards are way to stiff, long and steep for my liking. I snapped so many of them doing FS disasters.
But back then it was hard to get your hands on a 9' other than Creature.

remdog

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4043 on: October 25, 2021, 05:51:53 AM »
Hey guys - sorry for jumping into an in depth thread with a pretty basic question.

I've started skating again after a 15+ year layoff. I'm hoping to mostly do flat ground stuff and hit the mini ramp in my local park. I'm about 200lbs and rock a size 15. Back when I last skated, anything over 8" was considered a super-wide vert deck, so I'm a bit lost trying to figure out what deck would work best for me.

I was looking at new decks, and I'm split between getting something like an 8.5/8.6 popsicle or something like a Girl loveseat/couch deck. Which would you recommend for re-learning kick flips and tre flips
, with some miniramp mixed in?

tl;dr: restarting skating, sz 15, light flip tricks and miniramp. 8.6" popsicle or loveseat?

Fhk

« Reply #4044 on: October 25, 2021, 06:00:57 AM »
Hey guys - sorry for jumping into an in depth thread with a pretty basic question.

I've started skating again after a 15+ year layoff. I'm hoping to mostly do flat ground stuff and hit the mini ramp in my local park. I'm about 200lbs and rock a size 15. Back when I last skated, anything over 8" was considered a super-wide vert deck, so I'm a bit lost trying to figure out what deck would work best for me.

I was looking at new decks, and I'm split between getting something like an 8.5/8.6 popsicle or something like a Girl loveseat/couch deck. Which would you recommend for re-learning kick flips and tre flips

tl;dr: restarting skating, sz 15, light flip tricks and miniramp. 8.6" popsicle or loveseat?
Girl loveseat has a really short wb so take that into consideration. Wide popsicles are really fun, I only have a size 10 so 360 flips/heel flip shit give me a tough time on 9" pops but with your gunboats that shouldn't be a problem.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #4045 on: October 25, 2021, 09:10:27 AM »

Try to get your hands on a Creature Stumps board - their 8.5", 8.8", and 9.0" width are all 32" long with a 14.25"WB.

Short enough WB to still get your flip tricks, but also wide enough to feel stable on.

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #4046 on: October 25, 2021, 01:04:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

- my old Scram 10'

- my death 9.75

---- NEW BOARDS ----

- 3 Scram 10'
[close]

Heilige Scheisse
[close]
[close]

You mean the Scram Bomber? It's a very good board, but out of all the boards I currently have I prefer either the Blast Snelling board or the mutant. Those two shapes are literally perfect!

Fixer is the shit, I loved the board you got here on the 1st picture. Yall if you can I highly recommend  Fixer.

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #4047 on: October 25, 2021, 05:18:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

- my old Scram 10'

- my death 9.75

---- NEW BOARDS ----

- 3 Scram 10'
[close]

Heilige Scheisse
[close]
[close]

[close]

Fixer is the shit, I loved the board you got here on the 1st picture. Yall if you can I highly recommend  Fixer.

Gotta agree.   I skated one of those spray painted pig tanks until it was mush. Their decks are $45 right now, or $35 blanks. I just got a couple more unpainted pig tanks - there was a little delay in shipping & they threw in a free T and a crapload of stickers.   They’ve got some eggish shapes, too.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1299
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #4048 on: October 25, 2021, 05:43:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Indy 169 TI
Swiss
1/8" riser

[close]

[close]

I've also got a Gary sticker tucked away for the right moment. Looks good on a bigboi pop
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #4049 on: October 26, 2021, 03:37:39 PM »
I’m out of my element when it comes to big boards so I feel like this is the right spot to ask

Planning on ordering the Lasek Powell re-issue and I got a pair of Thunder 161s that were given and I was wondering with the shape of the tail will they stick out? Feel like Ace AF1 66s (or any 8.75 truck for that matter) will fit better. Gonna be using it for primarily cruising and the occasional slappys.

Photo of board

alright so i just got this board today and gripped and set it up and realized the trucks (ace af1 66) don’t fit in the holes, i guess it’s exclusively to Independent baseplates? kind of annoying cause i guess now the only thing to do is drill holes into it