Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 545173 times)

Seadramon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #1470 on: June 03, 2020, 10:19:26 AM »
really rad rides

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #1471 on: June 03, 2020, 10:20:49 AM »

Grabbed another Girl Love seat. I am in love with this shape, idk why it looks like a popsicle in this picture. I hope they never stop making them. Please dont mind the dirty work truck.

doomhand

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1472 on: June 03, 2020, 10:24:39 AM »
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 10:54:58 AM by doomhand »

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1473 on: June 03, 2020, 11:02:11 AM »

Grabbed another Girl Love seat. I am in love with this shape, idk why it looks like a popsicle in this picture. I hope they never stop making them. Please dont mind the dirty work truck.
yeah crazy it’s like the graphic doesn’t form to the shape w the borders

https://www.tactics.com/girl/bannerot-mystic-90-love-seat-shape-skateboard-deck/black

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #1474 on: June 03, 2020, 11:20:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
yeah crazy it’s like the graphic doesn’t form to the shape w the borders

https://www.tactics.com/girl/bannerot-mystic-90-love-seat-shape-skateboard-deck/black
I think your right man! and you can't really see the wood outside the border

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #1475 on: June 03, 2020, 04:11:22 PM »
That spitfire grip is so nice... I wish I wasn’t too cheap/broke to spend more than the least on grip.

Congrats on your growing family!

Isn’t spit on Mob?

Congrats on the family Doomhand!
Also, we have the same bottom ply for the New Deal
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

doomhand

« Reply #1476 on: June 03, 2020, 04:47:18 PM »
Isn’t spit on Mob?

Congrats on the family Doomhand!
Also, we have the same bottom ply for the New Deal

Thanks! And now that you say that. I think you're right. Mob does manufacture Spitfire's grip.

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #1477 on: June 04, 2020, 01:29:35 AM »

I just bought an Anti Hero Old Yeller to pop on my 215s and I’m trying to figure out what wheels to put on it.

Anyone ridden the Slime Ball Mini Vomits? How does 97a feel? They fast still? I loved slime balls as a kid, remember they slid super well but heck, that was a long time ago. Thinking about these or some Spitfire F4 56mm Conical Fulls or maybe some Ricta Clouds

Still wanna slappy curbs and ride it kinda normally, not just as a cruiser.

Thats timely, my mate got an Old yeller and has neon green 53mm 97a slimeballs...they feel really soft and sticky, almost feel like they ground the board. But i have same slimeballs in white and they feel harder and fast...so either the colour makes some difference or the hardness is inconsistent. Based on mine, i would say go for it they’re great.

Hefe43

• Rep: 176
« Reply #1478 on: June 04, 2020, 09:03:23 AM »

AH Curb Pit. 53mm F4 99 Classics.
Heroin 10in. 54mm F4 99 CFs.
Zip zogger. 51mm F4 101 Conicals.
Natas SMA. 56mm F4 99 CFs.
AH Cardiel. 51mm SFWs.
B.Anderson. 54mm F4 99 CFs.
101 Kaupus. 51mm 99 Classics.
Powerslide. 49mm Big Heads.
B. Worrest. 51mm F4 101 Conicals.
AH 16inWB. 51mm F4 99 Classics.
Kader 9inch. 49mm F4 99 Classics.

The majority of my 9 inch quiver.

169s w/ 92a Indy bushings, bones and risers on all of them.

Got a digital torque wrench after 20 years of using the finger feeling the kingpin/nut tightening system so ALL my trucks turn the same regular or fakie.

Sneakysecrets... I ride them all. Usually three/four a day depending on the session/spots/time I have to skate. I don’t spend to much time learning new shit at 36 so it doesn’t fuck me up too much. If I don’t like a board i skate it as much as possible just to get rid of it. I try not to waste them. No focusing either. Shit is wack. I didn’t see your PM for months after you askedx sorry for the late reply

Edit:sorry new to imgur don’t even know how doom posted the link
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 11:21:55 AM by Hefe43 »
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

doomhand

« Reply #1479 on: June 04, 2020, 10:58:52 AM »
Great collection Hefe43!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 11:40:34 AM by doomhand »

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #1480 on: June 04, 2020, 11:28:31 AM »

AH Cardiel. 51mm SFWs.

Got a digital torque wrench after 20 years of using the finger feeling the kingpin/nut tightening system so ALL my trucks turn the same regular or fakie.

Sneakysecrets... I ride them all. Usually three/four a day depending on the session/spots/time I have to skate. I don’t spend to much time learning new shit at 36 so it doesn’t fuck me up too much. If I don’t like a board i skate it as much as possible just to get rid of it. I try not to waste them. No focusing either. Shit is wack. I didn’t see your PM for months after you askedx sorry for the late reply

Amazed by all of this, but in particular, the 169s across the board. If they all ride really differently, it says that I should stop staying that truck size is the biggest factor in how a setup will feel.
I think I remember that this is just a portion of the quiver. Is this your preferred size range? I repeat myself a lot (I’m older), and one of my repeated mumblings is that I love how big boards look, and feel, but get bummed when I can’t kickflip etc. Are some of these flippers?
I have so many more questions

Hefe43

« Reply #1481 on: June 04, 2020, 12:51:53 PM »
Expand Quote
AH Cardiel. 51mm SFWs.

[close]

Amazed by all of this, but in particular, the 169s across the board. If they all ride really differently, it says that I should stop staying that truck size is the biggest factor in how a setup will feel.
I think I remember that this is just a portion of the quiver. Is this your preferred size range? I repeat myself a lot (I’m older), and one of my repeated mumblings is that I love how big boards look, and feel, but get bummed when I can’t kickflip etc. Are some of these flippers?

Yeah just a portion of my quiver, let’s say 20%. :-X This is for sure my preferred size range now as I’ve gotten older but I started out on a 8 in 1997. 8.38 has been my “normal” size for they last decade but I’ve had a fish shaped big board since before I was riding 8+ again.

8.25 popsicle, zig zagger, zip zinger, and a moose fish shape blank (I painted a skull on it even tho it wasn’t 1989 anymore) with trackers that didn’t turn and g bones. That was my quiver in my early 20s.

I’ve been skating sporadically the last two years cuz of work/life drama but I’ve kickflipped them all except that heroin, natas, and old yeller shaped AH. Not cuz I can’t, I don’t think, I just haven’t tried yet.

As far as feel goes...for sure they all feel different even tho I stick to a certain formula for my big boards. Bigger the board smaller the wheel.

The natas is like an 80s setup with bigger wheels even tho they’re F4s. Everything else is in the 50-54mm range, mostly. A lot have 51s since they didn’t have 50mm when they launched and that’s when I got most of them.

Square tails like p/reissue SCs and that moose are totally different when it comes to popping. I gotta move my back foot forward a little bit to get any pop on those long ass tails. I haven’t had a bbs board with a tail like that they all seem to be modern feeling if you understand me, lol.

I’m not good at most flip tricks. No frontside flips, inward/outward shit, switch shit, nollie. I’ll throw out a 360flip if I battle it but I hate that.

I grew up skating ledges but I’m not flipping in and out like Owen Wilson

This Thing Of Ours

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #1482 on: June 04, 2020, 01:11:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
AH Cardiel. 51mm SFWs.

[close]

[close]

Yeah just a portion of my quiver, let’s say 20%. :-X This is for sure my preferred size range now as I’ve gotten older but I started out on a 8 in 1997. 8.38 has been my “normal” size for they last decade but I’ve had a fish shaped big board since before I was riding 8+ again.

8.25 popsicle, zig zagger, zip zinger, and a moose fish shape blank (I painted a skull on it even tho it wasn’t 1989 anymore) with trackers that didn’t turn and g bones. That was my quiver in my early 20s.

I’ve been skating sporadically the last two years cuz of work/life drama but I’ve kickflipped them all except that heroin, natas, and old yeller shaped AH. Not cuz I can’t, I don’t think, I just haven’t tried yet.

As far as feel goes...for sure they all feel different even tho I stick to a certain formula for my big boards. Bigger the board smaller the wheel.

The natas is like an 80s setup with bigger wheels even tho they’re F4s. Everything else is in the 50-54mm range, mostly. A lot have 51s since they didn’t have 50mm when they launched and that’s when I got most of them.

Square tails like p/reissue SCs and that moose are totally different when it comes to popping. I gotta move my back foot forward a little bit to get any pop on those long ass tails. I haven’t had a bbs board with a tail like that they all seem to be modern feeling if you understand me, lol.

I’m not good at most flip tricks. No frontside flips, inward/outward shit, switch shit, nollie. I’ll throw out a 360flip if I battle it but I hate that.

I grew up skating ledges but I’m not flipping in and out like Owen Wilson

Hahaha sick!!
Thanks for your thoughtful reply. Looks like a lot of fun, and that’s the point. Whatever gets anyone out of the house. Jealous/impressed with the collection, so many rad options.

Yesterdays-pop

• Rep: -388
« Reply #1483 on: June 04, 2020, 01:44:55 PM »
Best thread on slap

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1010
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1484 on: June 04, 2020, 02:12:11 PM »

AH Cardiel. 51mm SFWs.

Like a boss.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #1485 on: June 04, 2020, 02:46:44 PM »

AH Cardiel. 51mm SFWs.

Wow. Thats hot.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #1486 on: June 05, 2020, 01:23:44 AM »
Fucking hell - you win.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #1488 on: June 05, 2020, 08:32:08 AM »
Looking good Hefe43.
Now my 4 fatties amongst a 12 board quiver doesn't feel so excessive.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #1489 on: June 05, 2020, 11:45:21 AM »

Got to skate both my fatties today. I only have two  :( But they are so much fun, I dont even remember where my 8.38 even is.

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 767
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1490 on: June 05, 2020, 12:26:26 PM »

Got to skate both my fatties today. I only have two  :( But they are so much fun, I dont even remember where my 8.38 even is.

It moved out since you don't spend time with it anymore and it's currently plotting its revenge.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #1491 on: June 05, 2020, 01:05:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It moved out since you don't spend time with it anymore and it's currently plotting its revenge.
Ha! It must be in direct connections with my ex! They will never bring me down man!

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1492 on: June 05, 2020, 01:25:55 PM »
70friggin7 lay out the specs and dimensions on those! Bones medium in 6.1?

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #1493 on: June 05, 2020, 02:07:21 PM »
Yessah..measurements are probably off, my fried brain can only retain so much.
Zero 9.5 x 31.75 (I think) 14.125 wb
Venture 6.1 all stock (second time skating them Today I love them)
SF 53mm evan smith full conicals (from a dude on here)
Jessup

Girl Bannerot Love seat 9x32 ? 13.875 wb
Venture 5.8 Bones medium bushings (stock top washer on bottom
J Foy 52mm full conicals
Jessup
And Bones reds on both

Hefe43

« Reply #1494 on: June 05, 2020, 04:20:46 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Probably with your best/shittiest friend going out all the time. Spending time together. Having fun behind your back. Sometimes she rides him. Totally fucked

This Thing Of Ours

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #1495 on: June 05, 2020, 04:48:59 PM »

AH Cardiel. 51mm SFWs.

Awesome quiver. What’s the wheelbase and length of that Kader?

AngryBlackMan

« Reply #1496 on: June 05, 2020, 05:17:03 PM »

Tile High Club deck. Small company a friend of mine runs.
9” wide 14.25wb unfinished top ply

Ace 55 Gonna try these out stock, coming off 169s with bones hards.
52mm conical F4
Pig rails
Bender hardware
Rockin Rons bearings
Mob

Hefe43

« Reply #1497 on: June 05, 2020, 05:23:44 PM »
Expand Quote

AH Cardiel. 51mm SFWs.

[close]
Awesome quiver. What’s the wheelbase and length of that Kader?

14.5 wheelbase 32 Inches even for the length. It’s super sick being wide and short. I like it more than the orange eagle and most AH boards are usually longer The bigger they get. The 9 eagle popsicle is 2.5 shorter than their longboard 15in wheelbase, crazy

This Thing Of Ours

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #1498 on: June 05, 2020, 05:25:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Probably with your best/shittiest friend going out all the time. Spending time together. Having fun behind your back. Sometimes she rides him. Totally fucked
That sounds about right bud.. it's a tangled web of fuckery

midtownatl

• Rep: -10
« Reply #1499 on: June 05, 2020, 05:45:48 PM »
Howdy my biggest of bois.

Been inspired by this thread. Never had a Madness/DSM “resin 7” deck - never had trucks over 8.0” until recent. 

Madness 9” (egg) shaped deck. Indy 159 regulars. Ricta clouds 86d 57mm, Bones Big Swiss, 1/8 riser.

Loved the splotchy stain on this deck and it has a dope texture on it - feels good.

do you need a driver license to buy a car