Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 533630 times)

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #2220 on: October 17, 2020, 10:50:45 AM »
Quote from: KillDayoy link=topic=97297.msg3414928#msg3414928 moi date=1602949509
Expand Quote

Heroin Street baller 9.75 (set up with the 14.25 wb)
Thunder 151 light
Ricta clouds 54mm, 78a (also switching in 53mm F4 101a tablets when I skate ledges, slidey stuffs)
Mob

Putting the Dane1 on ice but there’s still a little life in it so I’ll probably clean it up and ride that some more later.

The razortop on the Heroin looks and feels kind of weird, especially when I step on my normal edge popsicle right afterwards. I’m sure I’ll get used to it quick
[close]

That streetballer shape is so fun! Mine died prematurely, but it was a blast the 4 sessions I got on it. Hope you dig it! Also you might get addicted to the razor edge, I've had a few with it now and going back to a normal edge is feels odd

Thanks! How did yours die! The razortop kind of makes it look flatter even though it’s got nice concave. Interesting effect!

Sundaynuggets

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #2222 on: October 17, 2020, 10:52:36 AM »
Expand Quote

Thunder 151 light
Ricta clouds 54mm, 78a (also switching in 53mm F4 101a tablets when I skate ledges, slidey stuffs)
Mob

Putting the Dane1 on ice but there’s still a little life in it so I’ll probably clean it up and ride that some more later.

The razortop on the Heroin looks and feels kind of weird, especially when I step on my normal edge popsicle right afterwards. I’m sure I’ll get used to it quick
[close]

Just copped a golden razor egg to keep on ice and I'm already bugging about how it looks and might feel. Still hyped to try it at some point though.

I’m hooked on the Heroin egg shaped and might try that next if I like the razortop

Beeker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
« Reply #2223 on: October 17, 2020, 12:03:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What do you guys think of the Primitive 9.125 Franky Villani Sock Monster, the Heroin 10” Egg, and a 9.25 Baker Creation shaped deck?

Looking at some Polar boards too.
[close]
I like it. A lot depends on how you plan on skating it and where or how you plan on setting it up too.

Baker 32” with a 14” wb
Primitive is a football/egg shape so it’ll skate a bit smaller..but it has a longer wb.  32.25” with a 14.4” wb?
[close]
primitive egg is 14.25 wb

So... After you posted this I went and measured my Primitive Villani and it was indeed a 14.25 WB. Weird since the sticker on the board says 14.43 WB. Just ordered another one and the sticker still says 14.43, and the wheelbase is... 14.43. I would wager that it's supposed to be 14.43 and maybe some were just 14.25 on accident.

KillDayoy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #2224 on: October 17, 2020, 12:14:48 PM »
Quote from: KillDayoy link=topic=97297.msg3414928#msg3414928 moi date=1602949509
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Thunder 151 light
Mob

[close]

That streetballer shape is so fun! Mine died prematurely, but it was a blast the 4 sessions I got on it. Hope you dig it! Also you might get addicted to the razor edge, I've had a few with it now and going back to a normal edge is feels odd
[close]

Thanks! How did yours die! The razortop kind of makes it look flatter even though it’s got nice concave. Interesting effect!

Snapped the tail filming an odd hippie jump, hard to explain the spot haha. It totally makes it look flatter! I'm on a deerman shape right now with razor top that's pretty steep but doesn't look it at all

TumKayo

« Reply #2225 on: October 17, 2020, 01:07:13 PM »
I’ve only been riding the Street Baller around in my garage, but it feels a bit flatter than the 10” Egg. It feels significantly smaller too, the big egg feels monstrous. It also glows in the dark too haha, I love it. I’m about to take it out for a real ride now.

My sticker said 9.75” wide and 14.25” WB, but the Heroin Instagram post says 9.625” with 14.125-14.75” wb.

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #2226 on: October 17, 2020, 01:31:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Thunder 151 light
Mob

[close]

[close]

[close]

Snapped the tail filming an odd hippie jump, hard to explain the spot haha. It totally makes it look flatter! I'm on a deerman shape right now with razor top that's pretty steep but doesn't look it at all

I gotcha! Those Deerman shapes are great. I had one earlier this year which was the gateway drug for my Egg obsession haha

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #2227 on: October 17, 2020, 01:39:50 PM »
I’ve only been riding the Street Baller around in my garage, but it feels a bit flatter than the 10” Egg. It feels significantly smaller too, the big egg feels monstrous. It also glows in the dark too haha, I love it. I’m about to take it out for a real ride now.

My sticker said 9.75” wide and 14.25” WB, but the Heroin Instagram post says 9.625” with 14.125-14.75” wb.

Yeah that 10’ egg is huge. I’ve been alternating between a Dane 1, a 8.3/31.5 long popsicle and the 10’ egg for the last month or so and the egg feels like a surfboard compared to the other two. The Dane 1 got me hooked on shorter wide decks that still have a decent nose so the Street baller should be right up my alley. Also going to try one of those Doubles Ltd Witch decks for the same reason. 9.25/31.5

TumKayo

« Reply #2228 on: October 17, 2020, 05:42:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah that 10’ egg is huge. I’ve been alternating between a Dane 1, a 8.3/31.5 long popsicle and the 10’ egg for the last month or so and the egg feels like a surfboard compared to the other two. The Dane 1 got me hooked on shorter wide decks that still have a decent nose so the Street baller should be right up my alley. Also going to try one of those Doubles Ltd Witch decks for the same reason. 9.25/31.5

I do like that surfboard feel, I haven’t felt anything like it. It’s just a little too big for anything technical, which was to be expected. I can however ollie higher than I expected on it, and shuvits are easy to land, and it has a great nose and tail for slides/stalls. I like it as a cruiser than can still play a little. It feels like a tank too, like it can take a beating.

I took the street baller out for an hour. It’s so good, I got used to the feel of the razortop in a few minutes and I really like it. Only a small portion of the board is significantly wider than 9.0, and the board doesn’t actually feel that much larger than the 8.5ish popsicles I’ve ridden. I wish I grabbed two, I already put a large divet in the nose from a curb stall.

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #2229 on: October 17, 2020, 06:20:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I do like that surfboard feel, I haven’t felt anything like it. It’s just a little too big for anything technical, which was to be expected. I can however ollie higher than I expected on it, and shuvits are easy to land, and it has a great nose and tail for slides/stalls. I like it as a cruiser than can still play a little. It feels like a tank too, like it can take a beating.

I took the street baller out for an hour. It’s so good, I got used to the feel of the razortop in a few minutes and I really like it. Only a small portion of the board is significantly wider than 9.0, and the board doesn’t actually feel that much larger than the 8.5ish popsicles I’ve ridden. I wish I grabbed two, I already put a large divet in the nose from a curb stall.

For sure, the surfboard feel is super fun. I didn’t like it much originally but switched my bushings and loosened my 169’s and now I love it.

I skated the Street baller for a couple hours earlier today and I got used to the razor top quick. That shape feels awesome, though I think I’m going to try some different truck set ups on it. The Thunders feel a little too low on it for me, which is odd because they were perfect on the Dane1. I have some 159’s and some Venture 6.1’s I’ll try and see if I like either of those better.

After riding it, it really does kind of remind me a lot of the Scram Zoink shape. Maybe it’s the squareness, or the razortop (that Scram seemed to have sharper edges) or the nose

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #2230 on: October 17, 2020, 08:36:00 PM »
After dabbling with some smaller sizes I’m back in the 9+ club

35th shop deck 9 x 33.25 15 wb generator made
Indy 159 green 94a super cush dlx bushings
Spitfire f4 99a 56 classic
Super reds
Bender Allen hardware
Mob
Rad railz

TumKayo

« Reply #2231 on: October 17, 2020, 09:19:46 PM »
That Dicola only human graphic is sick.

SundayNuggets, does the 10 inch egg feel bigger than other 10ers you’ve skated?

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #2232 on: October 17, 2020, 10:29:23 PM »

I think it does but mostly because it’s longer than the other ones except for a Scram deck I have which is the same length and  10’ at the widest point but tapers a lot towards the tail. Feels bigger than that one because the egg stays wider through most of the deck. The only one I have that kind of feels bigger is the Krooked Zip Zogger which is real short, but is 10.75 wide and is semi egg shaped.

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #2233 on: October 18, 2020, 07:53:41 AM »
After dabbling with some smaller sizes I’m back in the 9+ club

35th shop deck 9 x 33.25 15 wb generator made
Indy 159 green 94a super cush dlx bushings
Spitfire f4 99a 56 classic
Super reds
Bender Allen hardware
Mob
Rad railz

How is flipping that 15" wb around? 

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2234 on: October 18, 2020, 08:19:14 AM »
I adjusted pretty quickly. I never realized how squirrely all my other setups felt until I skated this one.
I adapt pretty quick.

TumKayo

« Reply #2235 on: October 18, 2020, 09:10:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think it does but mostly because it’s longer than the other ones except for a Scram deck I have which is the same length and  10’ at the widest point but tapers a lot towards the tail. Feels bigger than that one because the egg stays wider through most of the deck. The only one I have that kind of feels bigger is the Krooked Zip Zogger which is real short, but is 10.75 wide and is semi egg shaped.

Good to know. Thanks for all the info. I was looking at the new Craig Questions Gold Rush 10.0, but after riding the huge egg more, I may have found my width and length threshold. I’m a big guy too. I still like it for a specific purpose, and will definitely be keeping a 10 in my stable for cruising, but I bet it will last me a while and I don’t need multiple 10s ready to go. Probably gonna go with the new ditch witch instead.

I just got a Villani 9.125 egg too. Wow, it feels small, in a good way. I’m going to skate the piss out of this thing. Everything feels great except the nose feels a little small and too tapered, it looks smaller than my Baker 8.475 nose. I feel like the Street Baller nose is a little small too, but I don’t notice it nearly as much. I’ll get used to it. Otherwise this 9.125 egg shape may be perfect for me.

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #2236 on: October 18, 2020, 02:11:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Good to know. Thanks for all the info. I was looking at the new Craig Questions Gold Rush 10.0, but after riding the huge egg more, I may have found my width and length threshold. I’m a big guy too. I still like it for a specific purpose, and will definitely be keeping a 10 in my stable for cruising, but I bet it will last me a while and I don’t need multiple 10s ready to go. Probably gonna go with the new ditch witch instead.

I just got a Villani 9.125 egg too. Wow, it feels small, in a good way. I’m going to skate the piss out of this thing. Everything feels great except the nose feels a little small and too tapered, it looks smaller than my Baker 8.475 nose. I feel like the Street Baller nose is a little small too, but I don’t notice it nearly as much. I’ll get used to it. Otherwise this 9.125 egg shape may be perfect for me.

Nice! Please post how you like the ditch witch!

For sure, the Villani is awesome. I wish it was a little steeper like the Heroin eggs, but overall I really like it. Yeah, I skated the Street baller again today and the nose is definitely a little short for me but I figure I’ll either get used to it too, or switch to a different deck and wait until I’m in the mood for that shape. It’s weird but sometimes I’ll not be feeling a certain shape and then for some reason all of the sudden it will seem like the best deck ever at some random, unpredictable time.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #2237 on: October 18, 2020, 03:27:51 PM »
Dane 1

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #2238 on: October 18, 2020, 05:03:17 PM »
Just got my Dane1 too and did a grip job for it, p fun so far. May switch out the Indy 169s for 159s.

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2239 on: October 18, 2020, 05:24:08 PM »
9 popsicle, it was just a bench but felt good to ollie it without thinking. Tough to get this 200lb frame off the ground
https://youtu.be/fNIv4PpyF8Y

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #2240 on: October 18, 2020, 05:25:37 PM »
^ hell yeah!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2241 on: October 18, 2020, 07:48:36 PM »
Dane 1

those autumn leaves make the clip!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

FrozenIndustries

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2243 on: October 19, 2020, 07:25:10 PM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

so hyped on this shape! similar dims to my main board just  wider and shaped. feels great for curbs and hillbombs, gonna give it a full run in about an hour or two.

thanks @Seventyfrigginseven for the deck, anytime you are in brooklyn be sure to give me a hit to skate. you are officially checked in.

polar 1992 9.25/31.875/14.25wb
thunder 151 HL w/flat washers+bones med front/hard rear
f4 conical full 99a 53mm->50mm
bones reds
thunder 1" phillips until more bronze hits the local
whatever grip he used originally
jordan 1 lows

gonna get my buddy to film some dorky ass trick sometime in december. not too into filming at this level but ill have to be eventually
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Frank and Fred

« Reply #2244 on: October 19, 2020, 07:30:58 PM »
Dane 1

I secretly love it when the back truck goes too far on a slappy. Especially when you are blasting through leaves!

TumKayo

« Reply #2245 on: October 21, 2020, 08:19:53 AM »
Loving the street baller. TGM has one left, someone buy it so I can’t

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2246 on: October 21, 2020, 09:23:11 AM »
Gotchu fam

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2247 on: October 21, 2020, 09:29:32 AM »
9.875" x 31.625" - 14.75" Wheelbase

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGk_QO2pSBX/

Side Logo -  9.875"

TumKayo

« Reply #2248 on: October 21, 2020, 10:29:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Gotchu fam

Lol thanks bro.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2249 on: October 21, 2020, 11:17:50 AM »
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo