Author Topic: JART of creativity  (Read 6421 times)

chodekaka

JART of creativity
« on: November 18, 2017, 12:05:12 AM »
Why do all of Jarts designs look like ripoffs? It’s like every series that JART does is them ripping off a specific brand, instead of commiting to a certain aesthetic they play it safe and jump from brand to brand. Their current “mixed up” series look like chocolate boards to me, the numbers ripoff series is called “hippie clouds”. The “American dream” series is just a play on FA graphics, the “weed” series is like Sk8 Mafia, most confusing brand ever.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 768
Re: JART of creativity
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 12:09:22 AM »
Why do all of Jarts designs look like ripoffs? It’s like every series that JART does is them ripping off a specific brand, instead of commiting to a certain aesthetic they play it safe and jump from brand to brand. Their current “mixed up” series look like chocolate boards to me, the numbers ripoff series is called “hippie clouds”. The “American dream” series is just a play on FA graphics, the “weed” series is like Sk8 Mafia, most confusing brand ever.

jart is of creativity since day one g
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

DCLOVE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 12:30:08 AM »
Cause Europe’s been touting culture from 200 years ago they forgot how to actually be creative. This is the continent that actively wears male jean capris.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

christ0v

• Rep: 15
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 01:50:06 AM »
how can they be of, when they've never been on

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 03:12:38 AM »
how can they be of, when they've never been on

exactly
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

BigManTing

• Rep: 0
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 04:02:45 AM »
Jart is a such a skidmark on the pants of European board companies.

They should probably stick to just making everyone elses decks and stop producing their own wack brand.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 05:17:23 AM »
Rhymes with shart. All I'm saying.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 05:29:55 AM »
They never had creativity. They're not skater owned either, they're part of like a surf/skate conglomerate if memory serves.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 05:34:31 AM »
how could you rip off numbers if nobody has ever seen their boards?

howtotictac

• Rep: 12
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 05:49:23 AM »
Cause Europe’s been touting culture from 200 years ago they forgot how to actually be creative. This is the continent that actively wears male jean capris.

As a European I kinda get offended by your comments even though there might be some truth to them.
But here we're really talking about the worst worst of all Euro brands. What if you compare Polar and let's say Darkstar?

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 05:59:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

As a European I kinda get offended by your comments even though there might be some truth to them.
But here we're really talking about the worst worst of all Euro brands. What if you compare Polar and let's say Darkstar?

Really, I don't think anyone would argue that Polar and Darkstar are similar in any aspect.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Lobo

• Rep: 2
  • Skate and die !
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 06:30:51 AM »
I don't give a shit if they slap on hello kitty graphics, Jart decks are the bomb...cheap,durable and great fucking pop

Grind King Rims

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 06:31:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Really, I don't think anyone would argue that Polar and Darkstar are similar in any aspect.

What he was saying was that it's unfair to use Jart to discuss European skate brands because it's one of the lamest brands. It'd be like using Darkstar to discuss all American skate brands.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2017, 06:32:01 AM »
I don't give a shit if they slap on hello kitty graphics, Jart decks are the bomb...cheap,durable and great fucking pop

This is also relevant. As much as I look down on their graphics, their boards are great quality these days.

Pipe Dreamer

• Rep: 24
  • Slap hard Slap often
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2017, 06:53:08 AM »
Jart graphics were always terrible, their wood and prices across Europe make them popular and their team covers the whole of Europe, e.g Cian Eades from Ireland. Check out their videos their team far from lacks in creativity Am or Pro!

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2017, 06:59:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

What he was saying was that it's unfair to use Jart to discuss European skate brands because it's one of the lamest brands. It'd be like using Darkstar to discuss all American skate brands.

Ah. Carry on.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2017, 07:01:55 AM »
   This thread has informed me of two things;  buy Jart (good quality) and that graphics matter to some people.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 07:04:05 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

chodekaka

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2017, 07:44:02 AM »
Do you seriously have a problem finding those offerings from a reputable brand that doesn’t rip everyone’s graphics off?

chodekaka

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2017, 07:49:24 AM »
   This thread has informed me of two things;  buy Jart (good quality) and that graphics matter to some people.
How can you take away from this “graphics matter” it’s not about the literal graphics on the boards sucking it’s about the people behind the company and the ethics of ripping off everyone and making no statement of your own. By all means though give your money to vultures. Europeans still find it hard to find quality well priced decks? You guys stuck in 2001 or something? How often do you buy decks that saving 10 bucks buying JART bullshit is even worth it? It’s not saving 10 percent or more on car insurance through one call to geico it’s a toy, a skate deck.

Lobo

• Rep: 2
  • Skate and die !
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2017, 08:00:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Do you seriously have a problem finding those offerings from a reputable brand that doesn’t rip everyone’s graphics off?
Yes,I do!
Jart gives me a better piece of wood for a cheaper price and all I wanna do is skate,so they can print bill cosby's dick in andy warhol tehnique all over the deck...I'll buy it

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2017, 08:02:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
How can you take away from this “graphics matter” it’s not about the literal graphics on the boards sucking it’s about the people behind the company and the ethics of ripping off everyone and making no statement of your own. By all means though give your money to vultures. Europeans still find it hard to find quality well priced decks? You guys stuck in 2001 or something? How often do you buy decks that saving 10 bucks buying JART bullshit is even worth it? It’s not saving 10 percent or more on car insurance through one call to geico it’s a toy, a skate deck.

-hmm, they're 10 bucks cheaper too?  nice  (edit, I actually think it's pretty endearing that you have an issue with skateboard company Jart's politics.)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 08:16:08 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2017, 08:03:49 AM »
Jart is cheap and durable wood. I need nothing more. Graphics scratch of after a couple of sessions, however I hate blanks, they dont look right.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2017, 08:06:04 AM »
If you replace the J in Jart with an F you are in for one big funny surprise!

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2017, 08:13:42 AM »
Jart
Simply to Fart in a a jar, for safe keeping or for a rainy day.
I would like to preserve this wonderful essense that emanates from my body, I would like to fart in this jar, thus creating a jart!
#fart#jart#shit#pants#smell

Jart
verb- jizz + fart; how a person discharge/voids semen after letting someone ejaculate in their anus.
After letting her boyfriend finish in her ass, she had to jart out the cum in the toilet.
#jizz#fart#anal#cum#ass

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2017, 09:06:45 AM »
God forbid they have some actual history

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2017, 09:53:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is also relevant. As much as I look down on their graphics, their boards are great quality these days.

I have talked a load of shit about past quality issues and I really used to consider their boards to be flimsy. I have been skating jart the past 6 boards and they must be some of the most durable boards I have ever skated.
Skating the really shitty guitar graphic one at the moment and seriously it is the first board that i own that if someone sees the grahic they always laugh  or comment negatively. I agree to that they should stick to making boards for other brands only.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

howtotictac

• Rep: 12
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2017, 02:03:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Yes,I do!
Jart gives me a better piece of wood for a cheaper price and all I wanna do is skate,so they can print bill cosby's dick in andy warhol tehnique all over the deck...I'll buy it

Skateboarding really isn't about aesthetics and style, right?

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2017, 02:28:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
God forbid they have some actual history
Yeah they must be really jealous of all the dudes wearing suspenders to hold up there sweat-pants while buying low-quality foods from the comfort of a wal-mart buggy

Octobre Rouge.

• Rep: -2
  • Black metal and ledge skating
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2017, 02:42:11 PM »
Jart, durable boards ?

This company is making decks for my local shop, and the quality is unpredictable.

The first run was great, but six month after, everything was horrible.

The ink quality was lame, and the board lost their pop after 15 hours of ledge skating.

haven't bough a shop deck since.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2017, 06:09:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You are correct. Europeans have given birth to some of the best board companies and teams in skateboarding. As an American I'll say there's just as many garbage brands here if not waaaay more.