Author Topic: Louie Lopez 'West End'  (Read 21885 times)

ArtVandelay

Louie Lopez 'West End'
« on: November 26, 2017, 10:41:19 AM »
Apparently Louie Lopez is releasing a new video part tomorrow called West End. The SOTY race is getting heavy! Anybody have details on the video?

Updated: http://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/videos/louie-lopez-s-west-end-part/
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 11:00:02 AM by ArtVandelay »

Powdered Toast Man!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
Re: Louie Lopez 'West End'
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 11:23:03 AM »
Loui Lopez ‘West End’ ‘SOTY part’

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 11:24:21 AM »
Guarantee they're going to reveal that he's SOTY at the event. The formula is too obvious.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 11:50:37 AM »
agreed ^

Has Thrasher ever had a premier for a part? Burnett even had something in his IG about it this morning. Seems like a setup for a SOTY surprise video. All about creating a narrative these days.

I think Gip said it in another thread that no one has had a greater impact on skating this year than Tiago. Popping high and sliding long has changed. One photo of a sculpture wallie Louie did sticks out in my mind and nothing else.

I’m sure this part will be great but will it change skating? I hope so.

Add Tiago to the list with Guy and Evan Smith.

End presumptive rant.

micky682

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 11:58:47 AM »
agreed ^

Has Thrasher ever had a premier for a part? Burnett even had something in his IG about it this morning. Seems like a setup for a SOTY surprise video. All about creating a narrative these days.

I think Gip said it in another thread that no one has had a greater impact on skating this year than Tiago. Popping high and sliding long has changed. One photo of a sculpture wallie Louie did sticks out in my mind and nothing else.

End presumptive rant.
But watching Louie makes me want to go skate.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 12:04:38 PM »
Don’t get me wrong, love his skating. This year just seems like the most obvious choice.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 12:56:55 PM »
Seems early to do it. They usually whittle down the online list.  Then again, the Thrasher posts of this have lots of pics of really young Louie in it, which def lends credence to this being a soty event

Also, it’s his birthday today...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 01:06:40 PM by Atiba Applebum »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 01:00:27 PM »
Expand Quote
agreed ^

End presumptive rant.
[close]
But watching Louie makes me want to go skate.
Congratulations.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 01:05:37 PM »
You didn't skate in the 90's early 2000's if Tiago doesn't get you hyped to skate
Gentleman ninja warlock

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 01:10:40 PM »
I feel like when Thrasher announces SOTY depends on their media schedule. I remember they announced Chris Cole the second time midway through December, whereas they announced Grant before Thanksgiving in 2011.

I'd be really surprised if this isn't a SOTY part, and good for Louie if so, but this pick seems a little sterile given everything that's happened this year (the past few months especially). I was hoping Tiago would pull above politics for a victory, a la Wes Kremer, but Louie's definitely been groomed for SOTY over the past few years and I can see this move pleasing plenty of industry types.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2017, 01:25:33 PM »
hope this aint some more vanilla stuff from him

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2017, 01:28:06 PM »
agreed ^

End presumptive rant.
Is Thrasher hosting the event? I'm pretty sure we've seen premieres for online parts. Last year they did for Kyle Walker and Elijah's, and I'm pretty sure there was an event for Mason Silva's red baloon part this year.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2017, 01:48:32 PM »
I feel pretty confident Foy will get it. He has a ton of stuff still coming out in Ty's "Flat Earth," which comes out in early December, and heard he's releasing something before the end of the year with the fs crook on El Toro in it. Would be happy with Louie winning though. They both deserve it and same with Tiago.

Irvine-Sucks.com

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 713
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2017, 02:35:47 PM »
Foy and Louie are exceptional skateboarders.

Tiago is an evolutionary step, simultaneously forward and backward.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 05:47:06 PM by botefdunn »

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2017, 05:28:45 PM »
Biggest rail of the year will make one more SOTY: Gonzales, Walker.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2017, 05:35:23 PM »
Wow it's almost like SOTY is just another advert for Thrasher

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2017, 05:54:28 PM »

won't this year. people have figured out how to lock into rails on that feeble shit and can surf x amount of feet now.

tiago foy and louie are all pretty fucking eligible but if you've met Phelps in person you realize how much of a loose cannon dude is, and is on some dictator shit regardless of who actually killed it the most.

and politics which thrasher is supposed to be above re: Guy

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2017, 06:04:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

won't this year. people have figured out how to lock into rails on that feeble shit and can surf x amount of feet now.

tiago foy and louie are all pretty fucking eligible but if you've met Phelps in person you realize how much of a loose cannon dude is, and is on some dictator shit regardless of who actually killed it the most.

huh?  when has the mag ethos ever not been petty and self-aggrandizing?  it's the "bible"

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2017, 06:05:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

huh?  when has the mag ever not been petty and self-aggrandizing?  can you tell me any other mags than the "bible" that has banned people?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 06:07:52 PM by Atiba Applebum »

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -599
  • who knows
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2017, 07:03:03 PM »
Louie is in the window and really skating at a level on par with the flip guys in the sorry era.  it's incredible.  he's been casually destroying shit all year.

Tiago is doing the exact same thing.  as someone who said earlier, if you started skating in the late 90s the dude embodies that era and is a 2017 version of a no bullshit ripper skaterat.   he would fit perfect in They Dont Give a Fuck About Us, one of the heaviest vids of the early 2000s.  it's uncanny.

i'm happy with either and i'd love to see louie get it but would also love to see tiago get it.  how sick would it be if both got it
where is home?

IHOP

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2017, 09:48:37 PM »
I actually can only think of one trick louie did this year, the back shove it over the rail in thrash and burn. I am a big louie fan but if Tiago doesnt get it,  thats really the last straw for me paying any attention to the SOTY shenanigans. 

Also gotta say, Foy and Louie will probably be neck and neck for second after his part.

youaresofucked

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2017, 11:16:32 PM »
I feel pretty confident Foy will get it. He has a ton of stuff still coming out in Ty's "Flat Earth," which comes out in early December, and heard he's releasing something before the end of the year with the fs crook on El Toro in it. Would be happy with Louie winning though. They both deserve it and same with Tiago.

Yea that fs crook is probably going to be in the Flat Earth video he has a full part in it but I still think Louie is going to get it there are more politics in his favor

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2017, 11:18:18 PM »
Anyone make it out to the premier?

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2017, 11:58:29 PM »
On Nora's insta story at the premiere the crowd was chanting SOTY right as I think Burnett was finishing giving a speech before the video played. Probably just be the crowd being hyped though

Molte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2017, 03:21:28 AM »
agreed ^

End presumptive rant.
Then what list does Busenitz belong to?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 03:24:38 AM by Molte »
Christ airs, airwalks and darkslides

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2017, 03:32:19 AM »
On Nora's insta story at the premiere the crowd was chanting SOTY right as I think Burnett was finishing giving a speech before the video played. Probably just be the crowd being hyped though

I think it was just a birthday party

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2017, 05:49:05 AM »
So when is this online?

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2017, 06:09:14 AM »
So when is this online?

probably when west coast hits 9am

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2017, 08:58:55 AM »
Tiago is amazing, and so is Louie.

But neither one of them have accomplished as much as Foy has this year.

This is gonna be a close one for sure!

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2017, 09:04:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

David killed it and deserved it that year. Stop crying about it, Guy even cosigned the decision.

I could see Foy winning it along with Tiago. Louie still hasn't done anything notable. Don't give me winning Tampa Pro- somebody wins that shit every year, and they seldom also get SOTY for it. If his part that premiered last night is insane, I'll give him credit, but right now he just comes off as an industry insider golden boy
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out