Author Topic: Louie Lopez 'West End'  (Read 21899 times)

MexicanSpaniard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Louie Lopez 'West End'
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2017, 06:32:26 PM »
 7 minutes went by pretty damn quickly!

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2017, 06:40:25 PM »
damn that was a good part! super smooth!! he's been killing it all year

really impressed with louie throughout the years watching him skate, honestly wasn't a fan during his extremely sorry, super baby louie days, but he's grown into his own since then and its fucking rad
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

lickcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • breathcakes
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2017, 07:06:42 PM »
Expand Quote
he dresses modestly. What a nice boy.
[close]

Lickcakes, are you 73 now?

Yes. And to prove it, here is my phone.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -486
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2017, 07:37:09 PM »
I was really stoked on the clip where he had to run and jump onto that skinny ledge to ollie over to 50 down the rail. I've never seen anyone jump on their board and take a push simultaneously. It was really cool.

That stood out to me too. Whole part was sick and I’d feel like shit if I was Taylor Kirby right now . His Enders got one upped not even a week after his part got released. Tbh with Jake Hayes and foy pro now they can just let Kirby go, they already got the best of out that crew on baker.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2017, 08:36:51 PM »
Expand Quote
I was really stoked on the clip where he had to run and jump onto that skinny ledge to ollie over to 50 down the rail. I've never seen anyone jump on their board and take a push simultaneously. It was really cool.
[close]

That stood out to me too. Whole part was sick and I’d feel like shit if I was Taylor Kirby right now . His Enders got one upped not even a week after his part got released. Tbh with Jake Hayes and foy pro now they can just let Kirby go, they already got the best of out that crew on baker.
Kirby's boardslide down that rail was probably the heaviest thing in his part, and I don't think Riley's 50-50 really one ups it. Kirby's sick, and to be honest, I prefer his footage over Riley's.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -601
  • who knows
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2017, 08:52:35 PM »
that was so sick.  he has become so incredible and i think he's just getting started.

couple things though:

1. i've heard he has not stopped filming and will have a full part in the cons video.  so like, why not release it?

2. i might has misread but did someone insinuate he isn't an ATV machine?  lol what the fuck.  everyone on flip is nasty on transition.  maybe TX the only person who rode for flip that wasn't nuts on transition, but he can still skate it.  i've seen him murder a mini at a demo.
where is home?

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2017, 08:58:46 PM »
That was an amazing part. Great filming, music and especially editing. It's been ages since I've seen a part so well edited.  Spots, style and trick selection were all totally on point. Fs feeble drop down from the fence was gnarly as were the other obvious hammers (massive switch crook, hurricane flip, big spin heel etc). This dude needs to leave Flip IMMEDIATELY!

I think this was probably the most well rounded/most enjoyable to watch part of the three SOTY frontrunners however I would still give it to Tiago any day of the week. Louie is amazing but so are many other people. Jamie Foy seems like a decent guy and slays rails but you can't give it to a guy who is NEVER seen without a Red Bull hat on and is about to star in a Ty Evans IMAX fart fest. Tiago is straight up changing the game with the most wild finesse and unimaginable hammers in the game. It's simple.

EDIT: just watched the clips posted on the other page. Louie has had a heavier year than I realised. He has such a deep bag of trick. Crazy that his Holy Stokes part came out within the last 18 months too.

Also, I would recommend that everyone rewatch the Thrash and Burn Spitire Euro vid on page 3. Absolutely amazing skating from all your favourites- Grant, Ishod, CK, Louie. Even Gerwer makes an appearance

« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 09:38:46 PM by Owen »
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2017, 09:18:39 PM »
shouts to ugly mane

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2017, 01:03:44 AM »
bank flip to bs smith was too nice

waffle

• Rep: 125
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2017, 01:23:36 AM »
Apart from the last trick nothing was exciting as anything from Foy or Tiago.

If I made the decision (inb4 'you don't) he would fourth in line for SOTY - behind Foy, Tiago, and Riley.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2017, 02:25:34 AM »
Very good with some amazing tricks, esp towards the end, but nowhere near as mind-boggling as Foy, not to speak of Tiago, who is revolutionising the entire game.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #101 on: November 28, 2017, 03:12:15 AM »
Tiago is 2010 Dylan. Changing the game.

nigga_please

• Rep: -29
« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2017, 04:20:54 AM »
That was Louie's best part no doubt!!! I love it!

That being said, Louie is not changing the game the way Tiago is. For that alone Tiago still my SOTY choice.

Statebird

• Rep: 47
« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2017, 06:58:38 AM »
who should louie ride for when he leaves flip?

could see him on krooked

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2017, 07:43:57 AM »
Before I say this, I realize the impact Tiago has had this year

But this whole Tiago is revolutionizing the game is misplaced, he has massive power and pop which allows him to do mind boggling long and high tricks, but that is not the same a progression or changing the game. How many future pros will do what he does because the new thing is grinding a head high wall. Not many. He is one of kind, which may be deserving of SOTY, but he is not that new new, he couldn't keep up with  Louie, he couldn't even manage a letter against wade. He is a special talent but I do t think people should not be getting carried away by saying he is the future of skating. Tiagos style is nothing special, his trick selection is nothing special,he didn't make me want to skate he made my jaw drop

shit_for_brains

« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2017, 07:53:15 AM »
Ban this guy ^

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2017, 07:59:29 AM »
I won't be surprised if Louie has more footage out before the year is up.....

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
  • &#3232;_&#3232;
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2017, 08:06:32 AM »
I really don't care what other people's opinions about SOTY are

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2017, 08:07:43 AM »
Louie for SOTY. we have watched him grow via Thrasher. Hes the poster child of the current generation. He rips. He sells product. Tiago is wearing the wrong pants to be SOTY in 2017. tall straight slides are cool and all but its not very creative. and has Tiago even been on a road trip with Jake? this aint KOTR the award is more than longest highest fastest. Its also about who embodies the ethos of the mag and represents skateboarding from a thrashonian stand point. Foy and Tiago did good stuff that raised the bar of whats possible but they are not as cute as little Louie Lopez.

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2017, 08:18:24 AM »
Louie has my vote. Don't get me wrong Tiago had an amazing year but Louie's skating is more appealing to me than Tiago's. Louie does all the right tricks without being overly "tech". Sometimes less is more.

Here Come The Lame Jets

peacepappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -97
  • tae-tae
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2017, 08:38:30 AM »
Louie is good but he's not creative at all, if you would see a silouette of the guys tricks it could be like 5 different (really good) guys. his tricks selection is just the same tricks everybody else does. That being said SOTY should be called TSOTY (T for Thrasher) because it's not about who changed the game but who hung out with Phelps more obviously.

And the fools above me who are dissing my man Tiago should get permanently banned from skateboarding.
ohyeahohyeah

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2017, 08:41:15 AM »
The part was phenomenal and he has a pretty diverse selection of tricks with no gimmicks. My biggest issue is that it seemed like he was moving kinda slow, and the music didn't help that feeling.

I think Tiago might have my vote tho, he's been the name all year. Louie's gonna have another year, kid's a machine and will probably drop 15 minutes worth footage next year.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2017, 08:41:36 AM »

But this whole Tiago is revolutionizing the game is misplaced, he has massive power and pop which allows him to do mind boggling long and high tricks, but that is not the same a progression or changing the game. How many future pros will do what he does because the new thing is grinding a head high wall. Not many. He is one of kind, which may be deserving of SOTY, but he is not that new new, he couldn't keep up with  Louie, he couldn't even manage a letter against wade. He is a special talent but I do t think people should not be getting carried away by saying he is the future of skating. Tiagos style is nothing special, his trick selection is nothing special,he didn't make me want to skate he made my jaw drop

Ban this guy (2)

bo golden

« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2017, 08:47:37 AM »
I love Tiago, but I cant see a SOTY trip with him and Phelps.  All I see is Tiago punching Phelps in the face.  I still think Louie will win.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2017, 09:01:54 AM »
I love Tiago, but I cant see a SOTY trip with him and Phelps.  All I see is Tiago punching Phelps in the face.  I still think Louie will win.

Tiago is a super positive guy and rock big rails and transitions. That nollie crookcs olie over the steps in DC promo was heavy. Tiago, Evan, Wes and others rippers in same thrasher tour.

bo golden

« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2017, 09:06:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Tiago is a super positive guy and rock big rails and transitions. That nollie crookcs olie over the steps in DC promo was heavy. Tiago, Evan, Wes and others rippers in same thrasher tour.

Good point.  Nothing against Tiago, he seems cool as hell. 

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2017, 09:16:31 AM »
Louie has my vote. Don't get me wrong Tiago had an amazing year but Louie's skating is more appealing to me than Tiago's. Louie does all the right tricks without being overly "tech". Sometimes less is more.
How is Tiago not the prime example for less is more? Some of his most discussed tricks and lines are as simple as can be. A switch backside tailslide on a chest high ledge is still just one basic trick- no flip in, no flip out, and a trick that has been done for decades, just taken to an insane new level. His line on embarcadero had one flip trick in it if I remember right. He does do some techy stuff, but his most memorable stuff is when he takes simple tricks, and does them on things or in ways that are insane.

That being said, despite not thinking he should win SOTY, I think I was harsh on Louie's part yesterday. It was really really good, and his style has matured and is now incredible. He deserves more love for that part than hate. Its stupid to be like "Fuck that dude for not being the best skateboarder of anybody this entire year" even though that wasn't my first thought.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

shit_for_brains

« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2017, 09:19:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
How is Tiago not the prime example for less is more? Some of his most discussed tricks and lines are as simple as can be. A switch backside tailslide on a chest high ledge is still just one basic trick- no flip in, no flip out, and a trick that has been done for decades, just taken to an insane new level. His line on embarcadero had one flip trick in it if I remember right. He does do some techy stuff, but his most memorable stuff is when he takes simple tricks, and does them on things or in ways that are insane.

That being said, despite not thinking he should win SOTY, I think I was harsh on Louie's part yesterday. It was really really good, and his style has matured and is now incredible. He deserves more love for that part than hate. Its stupid to be like "Fuck that dude for not being the best skateboarder of anybody this entire year" even though that wasn't my first thought.

I thought that for a second but we didn't start that conversation or frame this part in that way.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2017, 09:23:13 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ban this guy (2)

Please don't ban me, you guys are my only friends who skate

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #119 on: November 28, 2017, 10:23:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Would be sick to see a plaza tour.....

Tiago 's style of skating right now at least, is unique and he's held it down all year....so I'd give it to him....

Louie though I think is capable of an Ishod like run for the next five years.....

« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 02:03:26 PM by j....soy..... »