Author Topic: Samarria on...  (Read 11656 times)

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
Re: Samarria on...
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2017, 06:13:29 PM »
Please excuse me, for the lord knows: I ain't never trying to call no hoe no bitch.
much?

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2017, 06:33:51 PM »

putting 1 chick on the squad doesn't do shit for sales.

yeah, you're annoying me by making strong statements based on nothing. Coming on strong just made your stupid comment stand out more.

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 463
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2017, 06:43:17 PM »
Awesome. Barring catastrophic injury, she is only gonna get better.

Kinda feel bad for Hoopla putting in the work to encourage and develop woman skaters like Samarria just have them switch up. I have a feeling the Hoopla and Meow skateboard teams are going to get pillaged in the coming year. You know someone is gonna make Laci Baker an offer she can't refuse soon. Who will it be?
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2017, 06:48:36 PM »
Is Transworld Business still a thing? My money's on Samarria moving the most boards of anyone on the team when they give her the pro nod.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2017, 07:03:46 PM »

Kinda feel bad for Hoopla putting in the work to encourage and develop woman skaters like Samarria just have them switch up. I have a feeling the Hoopla and Meow skateboard teams are going to get pillaged in the coming year. You know someone is gonna make Laci Baker an offer she can't refuse soon. Who will it be?

Deathwish

(Though if 3-D was around who knows.  She has a pretty good relationship with BA)

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2017, 07:08:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yeah, you're annoying me by making strong statements based on nothing. Coming on strong just made your stupid comment stand out more.

prove me wrong then, Triggered Tina

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2017, 07:13:17 PM »
^someone already kinda did with the leticia comment. also i dont think theyd put her on if they didnt think itd be profitable. even if they have her as a token girl, it still seems like it fits. thats cool that shes on a legit board company

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2017, 07:20:23 PM »
^someone already kinda did with the leticia comment. also i dont think theyd put her on if they didnt think itd be profitable. even if they have her as a token girl, it still seems like it fits. thats cool that shes on a legit board company
Again, leticia isn't just "a girl." she's had several marketing forces behind her, inundating the market with her image; selling more than just skating. Only time will tell if Plan B will continue to post those numbers based on Leticia and the same goes for Enjoi and Samarria. 

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2017, 07:29:11 PM »
ayyye good news! she rips! been hyped on her since i saw a video of her putting in work to ollie the 3rd step at wallenberg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uTqGbRlJ5lo

r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

7 year old

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2017, 07:30:44 PM »

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2017, 07:32:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I can't prove you wrong because the situation is new and still rare enough that there's no way to know exactly how it will play out. Which is why I said your comment was unfounded in the first place. Or wait, I guess i did just prove you wrong, nevermind.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2209
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2017, 07:50:07 PM »
what happened to the kid with the transition lenses
Fuckin sketchers for your face.
 Good on Enjoi too,homegirl rips!

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

youaresofucked

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2017, 07:53:40 PM »
i guess they still aren't sure about Enzo haha but this is sick Samaria is dope, I wonder how bummed Hoopla is she was like the face of it

NeppuNeppu

weregoingunion

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2017, 07:58:13 PM »
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2017, 08:19:58 PM »
Dope!

Check out the Caswell graphic:

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2017, 08:27:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Deathwish

(Though if 3-D was around who knows.  She has a pretty good relationship with BA)
I wanna say FA?

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2017, 08:32:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
No hate but I fail to see the value she potentially may or may not bring to the team. She is a good skater but I don't see why they need to put her (or Enzo) on at all. Does she slay contests or have a big alternative following? It seems kinda aimless. They shoulda put Jerry Gurney on instead.
[close]

there's a whole demographic of girls that skate, and it grows everyday.  if they look up to her, they'll buy her stuff.  also she rips.  doesn't seem that complicated. 
[close]

Oh its not that complicated...i didn't know girls skateboarded or had the ability to have/manage their own money. Thank you!

From the bitch on the Zephyr skate team, to Jamie Reyes and Elissa, girls have been skating for as long as skating's been around, putting 1 chick on the squad doesn't do shit for sales. You don't seem that complicated.

Not gonna lie, this line was rude,  but it made me lol. Mrs. Save the Whales has a name:

something about that samarria graphic feels uninspired.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2017, 09:47:38 PM »
Dope!

Check out the Caswell graphic:

is that a play on the fake erica board from a few years ago?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2017, 10:34:24 PM »
No hate but I fail to see the value she potentially may or may not bring to the team. She is a good skater but I don't see why they need to put her (or Enzo) on at all. Does she slay contests or have a big alternative following? It seems kinda aimless. They shoulda put Jerry Gurney on instead.

Maybe they just had to break up turning white guys pro.....

skrub

• Rep: -3
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2017, 12:22:48 AM »

Skate Mental for sure for Laci -- Nike SB company team.

Overall just stoked to see Samaria on enjoi though.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2017, 07:34:34 AM »
I wish her board dropped last week! Guess I gotta pay full price. At least this one is my size

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2017, 09:17:49 AM »
Samarria does good in contests and she will probably do well at the olympics. not sure why nobody has mentioned the olympic angle yet but look for all the major brand camps to add females in the next year. Dwindle needs a girl on the roster for that. She did better on the KOTR tryout than Enzo and made the team. Hoolpa is a terrible brand through powell that has no marketing and no industry clout so im stoked for her that shes on a legit brand now even. I hope she can come through and make cool fun videos with Enjoi and not blow it like countless others.

that Caswell graphic is reference to a 90s World Industries Randy Colvin deck that came in opaque black bag. the Yary version was bassed off this.
https://kingpinmag.com/features/15-subversive-skateboard-graphics-seb-carayols-agents-provocateurs-part-1-3.html/13#ifeErsELqh6Udzsm.97

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2017, 09:40:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Calling somebody "triggered" doesn't change the fact that you are a misogynist douche at all.

And calling you out for that shit isn't being "triggered." You know what is? Me when you fucking capitalize a nickname but not the fucking first word of a sentence! What the fuck do you think this is? Do you think capitalization is a game dog? THIS AIN'T NO FUCKING GAME. Capitalization plays an important distinguishing purpose in grammar, and you think you can just turn it on or turn it off like its an option in some video game? NO. fuck NO! You need to focus your fucking account right fucking nw. fuck. I smashed my keybard s hard that I brke the 0 key. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2017, 10:21:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Calling somebody "triggered" doesn't change the fact that you are a misogynist douche at all.

And calling you out for that shit isn't being "triggered." You know what is? Me when you fucking capitalize a nickname but not the fucking first word of a sentence! What the fuck do you think this is? Do you think capitalization is a game dog? THIS AIN'T NO FUCKING GAME. Capitalization plays an important distinguishing purpose in grammar, and you think you can just turn it on or turn it off like its an option in some video game? NO. fuck NO! You need to focus your fucking account right fucking nw. fuck. I smashed my keybard s hard that I brke the 0 key. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

i fuck with you Ron, the long way!

headtowall

• Rep: -14
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2017, 10:44:22 AM »
she rips, totally deserved

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2017, 12:17:58 PM »

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2017, 12:28:22 PM »
Louie doing it right with the pro announcements. Still kind of odd seeing them riding My Little Pony boards though.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

micky682

« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2017, 12:45:54 PM »
Louie doing it right with the pro announcements. Still kind of odd seeing them riding My Little Pony boards though.
Louie has said the reason for the collab with My Little Pony was him fucking with dwindle, but they ended up getting the go ahead and actually going through with it.