Author Topic: Need ACL surgery recovery video parts  (Read 2266 times)

Zak

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -19
Need ACL surgery recovery video parts
« on: December 01, 2017, 05:50:14 PM »
Need some inspiration to skate again after ACL knee surgery . I know Jamie Thomas , Neen, and Dustin Dollin have put out some heavy parts post knee surgery. I wanted to see what else is out there . Thanks!

ungzilla

Re: Need ACL surgery recovery video parts
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 06:50:31 PM »
That recentish Weekend vid where Austyn had the last couple minutes, I do believe that was all post-double-fucked-knees

Violator

• Rep: 73
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 07:23:45 PM »
Not ACL related but I fractured my ankle a year and a half ago and its still not right.  Any pals have any advice or similar experiences?

Edit:  I don't mean to be off-topic or hijack the thread I'm just a concerned skateboarder who's trying to find hope and stay positive but is slowly running out of patience :( 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 02:26:33 AM by Violator »

Zak

• Rep: -19
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 07:34:30 PM »
Austyn had meniscus surgery, it's a bit more mild then ACL surgery. ACL reconstruction has a higher reinjury rate compared to other surgeries and has physical therapy for 6-9 months compared to 2-3 months .

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 07:39:13 PM »
http://www.slamskateboarding.com/videos/full-part/3180-dylan-tomlinson-four-knees-deep-video-part

This guy had 4. Skip the injury footy in the beginning it may be triggering.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 10:44:14 PM »
That recentish Weekend vid where Austyn had the last couple minutes, I do believe that was all post-double-fucked-knees
Probably my favorite part of 2016. I don't think it was ACL surgery but yeah he basically couldn't skate for two years because he fucked up one knee, healed, then fucked up the other right after. He spent a hefty amount of time in a wheelchair. Then he comes back, gets on WKND, and drops this hammer of a part.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

booty

• Rep: 21
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 11:59:11 AM »
i had my first one in 1995 when i was 17 - had 8 knee surgeries since 4 of them acls nowadays without any acls and about to turn 40. all left knee. i also don t use braces or any of that. also no pain killers aside from weed and ice.

i can tell you aside from physio it s a mind game... doctors said i wont skate nomore when i was in my early 20 s... not every little itch means it s over and stay away from that straight leg shit :-)

this was when i turned 39 couple months ago

Inspiring. I injured my knee on labor day weekend and in the span of the week I was off crutches. Re-injured this same knee Ocotber 20th and have been on crutches since. Ice/Heat/Prop the whole time and it hit a standstill where it felt like it wasn't healing anymore. I go to a Doctor on tuesday to get the verdict. Thinking it's gonna be a torn MCL. I've been having an existential crisis thinking I may never skate well again or be able to catch air when I'm playing music. I was just getting to a point where I was getting tricks I'd lost back and with the fall weather creeping in, a season where I normally skate the most. In my downtime I watch a ton of skate videos and sometimes I just sigh. I'm hopeful and if i can even just keep my push and pop I will feel accomplished. I just turned 37 right before Thanksgiving and I just want to skate. This is motivation pal.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 02:09:26 AM »
i had my first one in 1995 when i was 17 - had 8 knee surgeries since 4 of them acls nowadays without any acls and about to turn 40. all left knee. i also don t use braces or any of that. also no pain killers aside from weed and ice.

i can tell you aside from physio it s a mind game... doctors said i wont skate nomore when i was in my early 20 s... not every little itch means it s over and stay away from that straight leg shit :-)

I haven't been able to skate for almost five months after injuring the old knee now even though nothing is really torn. I just was about to lose patience and start pitying myself. Thank you very much for this post.

Also, the shifty flip, frontside flip and the backside nosegrind the whole ledge were killer!

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 06:23:57 AM »
Tore my ACL along with meniscus 3 times. Quit skating after the 3rd in 2008. Stopped following skating and got rid of my old 411s and transworld because it all made me sad.

Said fuck it and started skating about a year and a half ago after not touching a board for 7 years. My only regret is ever quitting. I skate low impact but I知 having so much fucking fun skating again. My goal is to film a part that痴 better than my last one I filmed at 18, and I知 on track to do it. It took a full year for me to not suck horribly but now I知 kinda back.  I知 turning 30 in the spring, I値l probably have it done sometime in 2018. Anyway it痴 shown me that you can come back off any amount of time off.

I知 saving most of the clips but I値l try and post a couple photos even though photo upload never works on here for me.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 11:18:43 AM »

I'm out right now and this is very inspiring. I'm 38, your skating like I did when I was 20

You fuckin rip!
Gentleman ninja warlock