Author Topic: SAVE TOY MACHINE  (Read 13866 times)

pussybunny

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -36
SAVE TOY MACHINE
« on: December 06, 2017, 01:45:45 PM »
Recently heard from a reliable source that Toy Machine has been struggling to sell their fucking amazing Skateboards as of late... Kids these days just don't know what's good I guess. Loyal pawns where you at?!?

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
Re: SAVE TOY MACHINE
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 01:53:44 PM »
they're still ps stix, right? anyway, i was looking at a templeton shaped like two months ago but it was too short so i got a polar K1 instead.
uh, and matt bennet's good i guess
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 01:55:22 PM »
Maybe sorting out their dog shit distribution in the UK might help.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 01:56:05 PM »
yeah i had been noticing the earnest desperation in the ads lately, it's a bummer.

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 02:05:42 PM »
Toy machine’s prevailed tougher times, plus i think they’ve been working on a full lenght for a while.
Besides Tum yeto is pretty big and affordable in mex and i see them in the wild, especially their softgoods sell a shitton around here too especially the socks.
Then again the peso value is shit right now and that hurts da biz.
They’ll be fine

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 02:10:30 PM »
any company thats still support josh harmony deserves to fold.
any company that turns a 12 year old am before Tre Willimas deserves to fold.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 02:58:54 AM by nino brown »

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 02:10:46 PM »
Toy's been lacking as of late, Stevie Wonder can see that. I hope they don't go under but I wouldn't be surprised. If I'm not mistaken, it's been tough times at Tum Yeto lately.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 02:11:01 PM »
Tum-Yeto is the problem. Toy Machine should go solo like the other brands that are popular right now

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 02:16:39 PM »
any company thats still support josh harmony deserves to fold.
any company that turns a 12 year old am being Tre Willimas deserves to fold.

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 02:17:03 PM »
Tum-Yeto is the problem. Toy Machine should go solo like the other brands that are popular right now

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 02:17:35 PM »
Toy Machine is as bland as ever nowadays. They drop J-Lay, but they leave on Josh Harmony and Billy Marks and add a twelve-year-old Red Bull pawn and Blake Carpenter? Not a good look. They've got enough heritage that I'd be sad to see them go, but, at the same time, I'm not buying a board, either.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 02:24:37 PM »
Templeton is over it. He prefers to do one dimensional oil paintings instead of work on his company.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -68
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 02:28:42 PM »
Templeton is over it. He prefers to do one dimensional oil paintings instead of work on his company.

pretty innovative if true
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2017, 02:33:23 PM »
Toy Machine is as bland as ever nowadays. They drop J-Lay, but they leave on Josh Harmony and Billy Marks and add a twelve-year-old Red Bull pawn and Blake Carpenter? Not a good look. They've got enough heritage that I'd be sad to see them go, but, at the same time, I'm not buying a board, either.

don't know why the billy marks coverage has basically stopped the past couple years, he could lay down some handrail wizardry with the best of em. blake carpenter is a solid team member, such a sick mix of tech/gnar with a super relaxed style. also what happened with jeremy leabres? and leo's coverage kinda fell off, but i guess he was saving footage for that berrics part he never got paid for so he's probably sitting on a bunch of stuff

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2017, 02:33:35 PM »
boner killer
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2017, 02:39:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

don't know why the billy marks coverage has basically stopped the past couple years, he could lay down some handrail wizardry with the best of em. blake carpenter is a solid team member, such a sick mix of tech/gnar with a super relaxed style. also what happened with jeremy leabres? and leo's coverage kinda fell off, but i guess he was saving footage for that berrics part he never got paid for so he's probably sitting on a bunch of stuff

Leabres had that Toy/Thrasher part come out a few years ago and then fell off the map he was definitely getting me some what hyped on TM again until going M.I.A

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2017, 02:48:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
pretty innovative if true

I meant it as an adjective as in "lacking depth".

But the real question is with eds early onset Alzheimer's does he really have what it takes to run a company? What's the better choice - fold or sell?

SimonFR

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2017, 02:53:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Real info or speculation ?

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2017, 02:57:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Real info or speculation ?

Real info someone had an interview and aired that out there. Might of been Leo himself. I forget the interview.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2017, 02:58:51 PM »
I was done with them niggas when they gave Jordan Taylor the boot.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2017, 03:05:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pretty sure his coverage has basically stopped because he's getting older. Total speculation, but basing it off KOTR coverage
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Harem

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2017, 03:08:08 PM »

Jordan Taylor left.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2017, 03:21:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Jordan Taylor left.
Yeah think he quit becuase they put him on the back burner for Blake and Jeremy, not like he wasn't productive he put out his accumulated footage in his gordo2k part immediately after he left

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 03:22:00 PM »
Im sure toy Machine is doing better then foundation, also their filming a new video which should good, a couple of them have had footage in emerica videos, dan lu just put a short video part online

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 03:37:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Jordan Taylor left.
[close]
Yeah think he quit becuase they put him on the back burner for Blake and Jeremy, not like he wasn't productive he put out his accumulated footage in his gordo2k part immediately after he left
Shit, I knew there was someone I was forgetting! They slept on Jordan hard. And to whoever asked, Blake strikes me as some kind of late-2000s skatepark kid that would fit better on modern day Stereo than Toy Machine.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

jomeara1

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2017, 03:55:29 PM »
Recently heard from a reliable source that Toy Machine has been struggling to sell their fucking amazing Skateboards as of late...

Well that's what they get for booting J-Lay.  Hope they learned their lesson!

All jokes aside, that sucks.  It's weird seeing companies that I grew up supporting go down the drain.  I actually wouldn't mind seeing Leo back on Baker again even though that's definitely not going to happen.

theotherguy

• Rep: -26
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2017, 04:00:52 PM »
I'm pretty sure Ed has stated multiple times that he doesn't push riders to produce and it's on them to get coverage. If they want to sell boards, then they have to produce footage.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2017, 04:10:32 PM »
I'd be 100% more likely to buy Toy boards if they weren't watson decks.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2017, 04:19:32 PM »
I bought a Toy board just yesterday. They sure aren't what they once were (get rid of redbull kid) but their videos have always been amazing. I feel like with Leo, Dan Lu, Collin and Jeremy alone they could make a great 15-20 minute long vid Emerica style.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2017, 04:21:41 PM »
I'd be 100% more likely to buy Toy boards if they weren't watson decks.

Unless they switched back very recently, they haven't been Watson in a long, long time. They did some of the non-pro models on Watson for a while several years ago, but then switched those to PS, and then switched everything to PS.