Author Topic: Nike is about to cull at lot of riders  (Read 22956 times)

Sanka Coffie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
Re: Nike is about to cull at lot of riders
« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2017, 06:49:14 PM »
Dear nike,

You forgot Max Palmer on your team page.
Update your shit.

k thanks

Leaky McBurnside

• Rep: 10
« Reply #121 on: December 07, 2017, 06:55:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Nike sucks. Their blazers suck now. I've tried the GT blazers and the blazer low in the past year and they last me about one and  half weeks. Sucks for Yoshi but honestly getting free nikes for half your life isn't something to complain about.
[close]

blazer mid's are the truth.

hit up Marshall's.... they are there. Truth

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2017, 06:57:27 PM »
Idk why people speculate about 360 deals between board brands and Nike, because they don't exist. If that were the case, Nike would dump guys who jump ship from these board brands. I saw someone mention Antonio and Numbers, even though Antonio was riding for Nike years before Numbers was even a thought. Then again, I think there might be some confusion regarding how 360 deals actually work in the world of business on this message board. At this point Crailtap is the only company who could structure a legit 360 deal, and even they keep their board sponsorships and shoe contracts separately.

And to the dude who said Nike gives their flow riders contracts, I don't think that's incorrect. They don't actually sign anything when they're on flow, there's no real obligation between the rider and Nike from what I've been told. I've known a few people who were on multiple tiers of Nike's flow program, none of them had their signature on a piece of paper. Nike sent them shoes/ clothes, and some of them were hooked up with some bread for things like photo incentives, or some sort of travel allowance if they need to fly somewhere and stay for a contest. The money was shit though and it just barely covers your plane ticket and your hotel, and reps will send them padded boxes beforehand so they can hustle product for some change. Maybe things have changed within the past 12-18 months since my people turned am/ dropped off entirely, but that's how it was told to me.

Nike is just fine, and they aren't going to start giving tons of riders their walking papers. Those of you who wish to see Nike fail, feel free to continue your 2012 end of the world prophecies about their SB program.... but keep in mind that all the wackos who said 2012 was gonna be the end are looking dumber and dumber each time they have to push their predictions back...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 06:59:59 PM by Matthew_James »
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2017, 07:01:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Doesn’t matter, he obviously can’t be marketed. It’s the same with a lot of those dwindle dudes. Look at Enzo, on tv and everything still flow. Also can some fill me on in dudes sig where it says I’ll just skate for blind? Did that actually happen?

It was a quote of his at the end of a thrasher mag in the past couple months

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #124 on: December 08, 2017, 06:42:06 AM »
Dear nike,

Update your shit.

k thanks
forgot nik stain too

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #125 on: December 08, 2017, 08:49:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Dear nike,

Update your shit.

k thanks
[close]
forgot nik stain too

I think Hugo will get the bump up befor stain.  He was on that Nike tour in Thrasher.  The guys that Nike tours with seem like a good indicator of who’s on the team or if they are visiting Nike HQ on IG

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2017, 12:51:50 PM »
Nike sucks HJALTE dont is listed on the site, but Teperning is on!

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2017, 02:38:44 PM »
all the guys named on the last page or two have contracts.  even the ones you think don't.

they just suck at updating the page

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2017, 02:40:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dear nike,

Update your shit.

k thanks
[close]
forgot nik stain too
[close]

I think Hugo will get the bump up befor stain.  He was on that Nike tour in Thrasher.  The guys that Nike tours with seem like a good indicator of who’s on the team or if they are visiting Nike HQ on IG

I visited Nike HQ last week, I'm not on.