Author Topic: Best Transworld Part  (Read 6680 times)

yep yep

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Best Transworld Part
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2017, 11:05:22 PM »
It's a tie between Kirchart and Carroll. My favorite besides those parts is the Alien Workshop section of The Cinematographer Project.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -601
  • who knows
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2017, 11:23:53 PM »
Stevie

Chris Cole i love that part, the song and the skating are edited so well. he is shredding in it.  his fallen part and this part do him the best justice

Cards

Josh Kalis....suprised more people havent mentioned this one but it's to me, his best part ever, the company flow track and stevie guest section are fucking ILL.  i could barely ollie but i was obsessed with 360 flips cos of the one he does in the very beginning.  how can you see that and not want to learn how to do it like he does?

also, some next level stuff in there too like legit size ledge clean switch bs noseblunts, and an onslaught of switch round rail tricks.  nollie bs heel over the grate in flushing is still fucking nuts.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 11:31:47 PM by Tyroneshoelaces »
where is home?

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2017, 11:49:01 PM »
Stevie in the reason is far and away number 1
Henry Sanchez in sight unseen was also rad, the shortlived shocker comeback was so rad.
Omar Salazar in First love
That Sanchez part I just love, the skating was amazing, but it also made me a big Cali Agents fan.

I feel Sanchez is sort of a Skateboarding "what if." He should be mentioned alongside guys like Carroll, Daewon and Koston, but he piled out and was difficult to work with. So those guys had 25 to 30 year careers while Henry had an amazing debut part (which invented so many ledge combination, I've heard it has the most NBD's in a part) and that amazing comeback. Henry like the guys previously mentioned, or someone current like Ishod or Shane can skate basically anything they want and kill it.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2017, 11:54:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The Sixth Sense: Kalis
The Reason: Stevie
Modus: Carroll
Sight Unseen: Cardiel
In Bloom: Trainwreck

One of those.
[close]

Never got the hype about trainwreck.  Chris cole definitely had the best part in that video though.   That was when he was beating up the Love gap and hadn’t fully assimilated from enjoi into zero
[close]
I can't lie, my choice is highly impacted by nostalgia. I fucking loved that part when it first came out (I was like 16) and we were all sure he was going to be the "next big thing." Just re-watched it and was feeling it (that fucking version of that song is weak as hell, though), but if I had not been Mr. Joe Punk Rock I Hate Everything Guy/didn't have memories attached to it, I think I'd be in the same boat as you. His and Tony's parts were huge, though. The Chris Cole part is a classic, too.
I agree with Trainwreck for that. His skating was just so raw. The only guy since who reminds me of him is Jon Dickson. He skates with a natural power and you fear more for the objects than him. I'd say the same about Ave but he doesn't skate hand rails like those guys.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2017, 06:08:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

One of those.
[close]

Never got the hype about trainwreck.  Chris cole definitely had the best part in that video though.   That was when he was beating up the Love gap and hadn’t fully assimilated from enjoi into zero
[close]
I can't lie, my choice is highly impacted by nostalgia. I fucking loved that part when it first came out (I was like 16) and we were all sure he was going to be the "next big thing." Just re-watched it and was feeling it (that fucking version of that song is weak as hell, though), but if I had not been Mr. Joe Punk Rock I Hate Everything Guy/didn't have memories attached to it, I think I'd be in the same boat as you. His and Tony's parts were huge, though. The Chris Cole part is a classic, too.
[close]
I agree with Trainwreck for that. His skating was just so raw. The only guy since who reminds me of him is Jon Dickson. He skates with a natural power and you fear more for the objects than him. I'd say the same about Ave but he doesn't skate hand rails like those guys.

Someone’s sig is literally someone saying that about AVE

Trainwreck reminds me more of Mule era Ellington with the sketchiness.  I think Ellington wore it better though

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2017, 08:01:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

One of those.
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Someone’s sig is literally someone saying that about AVE

Trainwreck reminds me more of Mule era Ellington with the sketchiness.  I think Ellington wore it better though
I know, its how its ingrained in my head.

I can understand why people don't like trainwreck, but I personally prefer his skating to Cole's in that video. Although, that video had an amazing line-up. Paul's part is also absolutely unreal.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2017, 08:28:44 AM »
Expand Quote
My guilty pleasures

[close]

Haha, why is liking Welsh's part a guilty pleasure? Is it the b/s double flip? Great part, that's why I ask.

I just don't think Welsh's part is up there as "the best" Transworld part and I don't even think young skaters would even think it's a good part but I love it. Song is perfect with the Welsh and SF.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Sidewalk Funk.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2017, 08:43:28 AM »

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2017, 09:01:33 AM »
personal favorite is gravette in and now

One of my favorites too

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2017, 09:06:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My guilty pleasures

[close]

Haha, why is liking Welsh's part a guilty pleasure? Is it the b/s double flip? Great part, that's why I ask.
[close]

I just don't think Welsh's part is up there as "the best" Transworld part and I don't even think young skaters would even think it's a good part but I love it. Song is perfect with the Welsh and SF.
Its funny how Carroll was going to use it for Yeah Right. But, that Welsh part is so sick.

witty pseudonym

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 43
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2017, 04:20:32 PM »
This was always a low key favorite of mine:

stophatin

• Rep: -35
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2017, 03:07:51 PM »
The Hieroglyphocs montage at 4:08

shark tits

« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2017, 03:16:04 PM »
carroll modus for that line but also this

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -295
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2017, 03:27:43 PM »
Pennys' bank session.

booty

• Rep: 21
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2017, 03:30:07 PM »

Josh Kalis....suprised more people havent mentioned this one but it's to me, his best part ever, the company flow track and stevie guest section are fucking ILL.  i could barely ollie but i was obsessed with 360 flips cos of the one he does in the very beginning.  how can you see that and not want to learn how to do it like he does?

also, some next level stuff in there too like legit size ledge clean switch bs noseblunts, and an onslaught of switch round rail tricks.  nollie bs heel over the grate in flushing is still fucking nuts.

was coming in here to say this. At that time frame Kalis and Co Flow were two of the illest things in my mind so this part was heavy.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 12:29:04 PM by booty »

Get fired up

• Rep: -54
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2017, 08:40:31 PM »
Cards
Carrol
Penny.
Heath. 

Mr. Fink

« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2017, 09:16:18 PM »
Shiloh’s part might be my favorite part ever. I always wished that Louie Barletta would have a Transworld part.

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -104
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2017, 09:32:05 PM »
Shiloh’s part might be my favorite part ever. I always wished that Louie Barletta would have a Transworld part.

SHILOH’S PART AND SONG!

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2017, 01:13:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

SHILOH’S PART AND SONG!

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 126
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2017, 10:04:20 PM »
heath is my favorite part of all time.

a seventeen(?) year old prod in in bloom is probably the 'best' transworld part.
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2017, 10:12:00 PM »
On the bottom of the pile I’d put the Dyrdek/Caine Gayle TF part in ie

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 430
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2017, 03:47:03 AM »
Marc in Modus / Heath in Sight Unseen are hard to beat. So are Kalis/Stevie. But the one video that has somehow always stood out is Free Your Mind, everything about that one is special somehow, I love all the parts in it, esp Drehobl's.

Viktor Tsoi

• Rep: -32
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2017, 10:38:52 AM »

thunderskater2805

• Rep: 1
« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2017, 09:11:07 PM »
This is Peak Bledsoe

^One of my personal favorites along with Shane in not another transworld.

Best is TNT In Bloom.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 09:21:22 PM by thunderskater2805 »

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 768
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2017, 09:46:10 PM »
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate