Author Topic: Ty Evans | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 75  (Read 7734 times)

tortfeasor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
Re: Ty Evans | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 75
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2017, 06:29:36 AM »
just finished the episode.  i really like it.  he had a ton of interesting older stories and stuff to say about where he thinks skateboarding is going.  this:

The Francis Ford Coppola of skate videos.

is really fucking accurate.  not only has he made some great films (and flops) he also worked with a lot of the greats before they were they the greats and helped them become big names.  not to mention take some serious risks to push the "medium."   

kelly hart seems like the kind of guy who would help you put away dishes after you had him over for dinner.   do you think he would want to come over eat pizza and watch skate videos with me?
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

ungzilla

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2017, 10:33:26 AM »
It would've been pretty funny if Roger had given Ty an honest opinion on The Flat Earth. I get the impression that he wasn't into it at all.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2017, 01:33:59 PM »
I fucking refuse to believe that Shake Junt is terrible I can't even fucking begin to comprehend that logic.

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2017, 02:35:11 PM »
1) kind of watched it on YouTube but kept getting distracted by Ty's anxiety or Tourette's or Parkinson's and couldn't  pay attention to anything else.
2) roger- pick one: sensitive mics or ice cubes in your drink. There's no I in team, but there are two u's in amateur hour.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2017, 04:50:13 PM »
There's no I in team, but there are two u's in amateur hour.

it's really hard to get thru the entirety of these episodes...
Roger doesn't know how to speak like a man and is always softly muttering what the guest is about to say.
they asked plenty monkey ass questions they asked to Joe Skateboarder, you'd have thought they could have spared him the "who was your first sponsor" in lieu of more exclusive, pertinent questions. the guy's been running around America for the last 20 years with limited edition prototype cameras strapped to his hood, and you wanna know about being moderately sponsored by Powell? It's a waste of everyone's time.