Author Topic: Andy Roy skating a tampa contest while withdrawing  (Read 5454 times)

jstankalwara

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -13
Andy Roy skating a tampa contest while withdrawing
« on: December 16, 2017, 07:27:15 AM »
whats crazier the fact that andy roy did a contest run while going through withdrawels or micheal jordans flu playoff game

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Andy Roy skating a tampa contest while withdrawing
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 07:39:17 AM »
who gives a shit about either

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 08:47:26 AM »
Skated a ton while being sick. Unless you're crapping your pants, it's not that bad.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 08:52:55 AM »
whats crazier the fact that andy roy did a contest run while going through withdrawels or micheal jordans flu playoff game

Andy? Are you trying to figure out which is more core, so you can put it on your small business plan application?

shark tits

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 08:59:15 AM »
i remember skating indoor park w/ rusty and i had to keep using the bathroom. i thought i had food poisoning but w/drawal isn't bad when you're not expecting it. shit, jim and dan came to visit and i was having trouble skating a ledge but i thought it was me. slightly uncoordinated and had to crap a lot but it wasn't 3 days sweating in bed like usual. i think a lot of it is psychosomatic. 'oh i can't get outta bed' but if money comes through you can make to go see your man.

plus all due respect, andy roy was doing big ollies to rock and bonelesses. he wasn't exactly advancing the culture on his best day.

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 03:58:05 PM »
Novak talks about throwing up all over a demo because he was dope sick, I'm sure theres other stories about these things happen

marty mcfly

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 04:05:50 PM »
whats crazier the fact that andy roy did a contest run while going through withdrawels or michael jordans flu playoff game

Michael Jordan never had the flu back in 97 against Utah

http://ballislife.com/michael-jordans-the-flu-game-aka-the-hangover-game-aka-the-poisoned-by-pizza-game/

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 04:09:14 PM »
i remember skating indoor park w/ rusty and i had to keep using the bathroom. i thought i had food poisoning but w/drawal isn't bad when you're not expecting it. shit, jim and dan came to visit and i was having trouble skating a ledge but i thought it was me. slightly uncoordinated and had to crap a lot but it wasn't 3 days sweating in bed like usual. i think a lot of it is psychosomatic. 'oh i can't get outta bed' but if money comes through you can make to go see your man.

plus all due respect, andy roy was doing big ollies to rock and bonelesses. he wasn't exactly advancing the culture on his best day.
       Back then me personally I thought he was rad just before and when he got on Anti hero .     Sick ramp skater.  Then he was gone and came back 15 years later and sucks but skating at a pro level is very hard im sure.  One of his parts has  the sickest frontside air I've seen.  His anti hero part from the 90s
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 04:13:36 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

shark tits

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 04:14:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
       Back then me personally I thought he was rad just before and when he got on Anti hero .     Sick ramp skater.  Then he was gone and came back 15 years later and sucks but skating at a pro level is very hard im sure.  One of his parts has  the sickest frontside air I've seen.
i enjoyed his consolidated part w/ the screaming and looking up the girl's skirt on the tennis court but you've got like tom penny fs flipping, koston sw heeling, kareem doing ghetto birds and andy roy doing a bunch of airs to rock. i just don't think he was ever on the level. he blunted that parking garage flatbar w/ the drop, he was exciting.
transition is also greek to me so maybe i just don't get it.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 07:13:05 PM »
Skateboarding is a beautiful thing. Some of the best sessions are one's where the outside world is completely falling apart around you.

Sandboxcop

• Rep: 3
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2017, 07:28:57 PM »
but did he win?

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2017, 08:04:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
       Back then me personally I thought he was rad just before and when he got on Anti hero .     Sick ramp skater.  Then he was gone and came back 15 years later and sucks but skating at a pro level is very hard im sure.  One of his parts has  the sickest frontside air I've seen.
[close]
i enjoyed his consolidated part w/ the screaming and looking up the girl's skirt on the tennis court but you've got like tom penny fs flipping, koston sw heeling, kareem doing ghetto birds and andy roy doing a bunch of airs to rock. i just don't think he was ever on the level. he blunted that parking garage flatbar w/ the drop, he was exciting.
Go learn big airs to rock on sketchy tranny then come back and talk.

Pigeon

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2017, 11:15:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]
Go learn big airs to rock on sketchy tranny then come back and talk.
This guy really loves trannies.

Vert Reynolds

• Rep: -32
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2017, 11:47:43 PM »
Expand Quote
whats crazier the fact that andy roy did a contest run while going through withdrawels or michael jordans flu playoff game
[close]

Michael Jordan never had the flu back in 97 against Utah

http://ballislife.com/michael-jordans-the-flu-game-aka-the-hangover-game-aka-the-poisoned-by-pizza-game/

Speaking of the Bulls vs. Utah Finals....Billy Corgan (SMashing Pumkins)mentioned on Joe Rogan's Podcast, That he was partying with Dennis Rodman during the NBA Finals, They took a Private Jet, To Vegas after one of the games & they flew back...They landed back in Utah & Rodman showed up to the morning practice, & asked Corgan if he wanted to fly back to Vegas. Corgan stayed in Utah while Rodman went to gamble & party. Soooo Rodman prolly had the FLU too.
Do You even Street Style ???

tura

• Rep: 45
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2017, 12:55:06 AM »
Skateboarding is a beautiful thing. Some of the best sessions are one's where the outside world is completely falling apart around you.

poetic and true

coreaf

• Rep: 23
  • sick
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2017, 08:13:56 AM »
favorite sports moment?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3327
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2017, 09:45:24 AM »
I have a sneaking suspicion that this isn't the first time he's skated while withdrawing. Just a hunch.

bawtawd5

• Rep: 134
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2017, 10:01:53 AM »
I post on slap when withdrawing a lot, im pretty gnar

jstankalwara

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2017, 10:11:37 AM »
im hungover

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2017, 10:33:40 AM »

No, no you're not.

KingKook

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2017, 10:49:12 AM »
favorite sports moment?
Thrasher could turn this historic event into a docu-mini-web series honoring Andy and cement his legacy as one of the most inspiring professionals in sports history.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2017, 12:52:13 PM »
Expand Quote
favorite sports moment?
[close]
Thrasher could turn this historic event into a docu-mini-web series honoring Andy and cement his legacy as one of the most inspiring professionals in sports history.

No, someone else would make the web series and Thrasher would throw its watermark on it

KingKook

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2017, 07:38:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
favorite sports moment?
[close]
[close]

No, someone else would make the web series and Thrasher would throw its watermark on it
That's what I said.

bawtawd5

• Rep: 134
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2017, 07:55:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
No, no you're not.
uhh yeah I am

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2017, 11:13:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
No, no you're not.
[close]
uhh yeah I am

Trust me, you're not.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2017, 10:58:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
  Yah the parking garage grind!  I liked Muska when came on the scene too. Those guys were more relatable to my 80s type skill level.  I wasn't into koston and because of that I missed out on alot of rad stuff he did.  Penny got my attention pretty quick tho.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

goldenbullcow

• Rep: -406
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2017, 06:07:39 AM »

Did Andy win the contest?

If not then how is this an impressive accomplishment?

shark tits

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2017, 06:23:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Did Andy win the contest?

If not then how is this an impressive accomplishment?
does andy roy look like he's ever won anything?
you're right, dude entered a contest dopesick and got 10th. that's like the time bird stole the inbounds pass and andy roy is isiah thomas. if he wasn't dopesick he might've won like pistons would've won if isiah didn't throw the ball to average white player larry bird.

jstankalwara

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2017, 07:21:52 PM »
he made the cut think he got 7th

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2017, 03:06:17 PM »