Author Topic: Is Hamburg one of the most underated cities in Europe?  (Read 1277 times)

juuhnuuh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -157
  • i love the 90's
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Is Hamburg one of the most underated cities in Europe?
« on: December 24, 2017, 03:17:09 AM »
Lobby Skateshop from Hamburg just dropped this video with some really sick spots, recently Converse was out there too. It seems like Hamburg is slowly being discovered as a skate destination.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
Re: Is Hamburg one of the most underated cities in Europe?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 10:41:34 AM »
31 minutes

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 03:02:42 PM »
Ryan Hamburg is definitely an underrated sk8r

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 07:35:06 PM »
Having grown up in Hamburg, I can't help but find the thread title kind of ironic - we always hated Hamburg because there was literally almost nothing to skate for a city of that size, and it rained most of the time anyway. At the same time there were a ton of legendary skaters to come out of Hamburg, but they were more or less all associated with the I-Punkt Halle indoor skatepark.

But then that was twenty years ago and I've been away for ten, so I guess/hope they've built a bunch of new stuff? Will check out the vid later, is it all filmed in Hamburg or does it just feature dudes from there?

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 492
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2017, 01:49:50 AM »
pros that come by just want
to enjoy the red light district.
:o

juuhnuuh

• i love the 90's
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2017, 02:30:07 AM »
Having grown up in Hamburg, I can't help but find the thread title kind of ironic - we always hated Hamburg because there was literally almost nothing to skate for a city of that size, and it rained most of the time anyway. At the same time there were a ton of legendary skaters to come out of Hamburg, but they were more or less all associated with the I-Punkt Halle indoor skatepark.

But then that was twenty years ago and I've been away for ten, so I guess/hope they've built a bunch of new stuff? Will check out the vid later, is it all filmed in Hamburg or does it just feature dudes from there?

It is mostly filmed in Hamburg by the guys and with the guys from Lobby Skateshop.

pros that come by just want
to enjoy the red light district.
:o

That could be part of the appeal

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2017, 08:35:55 PM »
Just watched it, thanks a million for sharing! That certainly warmed my Northern German heart. I only know Kenny and Chris Reinhardt from the crew, but that was definitely as Hamburg as it gets in pretty much everything, good and bad. Kenny still kills it and Christoph Friedmann was really good as well.

Also, they were just finishing the new Jungfernstieg plaza when I left so I never got to skate it, but it certainly looks fun. Overall though the spots looks just as crusty (and charismatic) as when I left - but then maybe Shenzhen has spoiled me.

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2017, 01:49:57 PM »
Haha, that is a funny. Our skate scene does good, but is nothing compared to Berlin or Stuttgart. We have the worst indoor park in Germany, some weak companies and shitty weather. Phillip from Lobby does great with bringing all the different crews together, so let’s see how this will develop in the next years.

juuhnuuh

• i love the 90's
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2017, 06:34:03 AM »
Haha, that is funny. Our skate scene does good but is nothing compared to Berlin or Stuttgart. We have the worst indoor park in Germany, some weak companies, and shitty weather. Phillip from Lobby does great with bringing all the different crews together, so let’s see how this will develop in the next years.

A good skate shop does that.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2017, 09:50:30 PM »
Haha, that is a funny. Our skate scene does good, but is nothing compared to Berlin or Stuttgart. We have the worst indoor park in Germany, some weak companies and shitty weather. Phillip from Lobby does great with bringing all the different crews together, so let’s see how this will develop in the next years.

Which Phillip is that? I used to be firmly in the Trap camp with peripheral Clepto connections long ago... what's the lay of the land now?