Author Topic: YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED  (Read 10001 times)

Sluggloaph

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 25
Re: YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2020, 03:19:15 PM »

Dont keep the wheels in the same orientation all year long.
Rotate and flip them around every now and then. Else you get the famous 1-2 wheels that are smaller then the rest, causing imbalance. It can be pretty severe too. I've had 1 wheel that was 44mm, the rest was around 48-49mm.

Preach. Tell it to the masses! I got heat for doin that once ona sesh. But I'm like regular maintenance is a thing. You rotate yer trucks ever?
Whoa. Danger.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
  • the moon rules
« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2020, 03:35:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Warning : do not have sex before the sesh. You might get noodle legged
[close]
Sex before skating has given me some of the best and most productive sessions of my life.
[close]
Same.
Our crew has jokingly called that phenomenon “Riders Edge” since we were teenagers

Don’t buy shoes online that you’ve never skated or worn before. I have a lot of shoes that don’t really fit right due to sizing inconsistencie. Some just don’t work with my feet even when they’re the right size
fuck you bama

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 852
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2020, 02:18:07 AM »

For some reason I thought scumco used pennswood

They used PS on the last run of pro decks but they also put out two batches of old graphics on Pennswood last month just so shops had something to sell since covid delayed the production of the summer line. The impression I got from talking to people around here was that they're switching to PS for the pro models and main seasonal releases but will still be doing smaller runs (logo decks and stuff like that) on Pennswood.

Another warning - Control wood. You'd think being the land of good maple that Canadian woodshops would make great boards but I've tried two and hated them both. Shape was pretty nice but it was just dead wood. No matter what I tried I couldn't get anything resembling good pop out of either of them. Ended up giving both away to kids.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2020, 01:34:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Tell everybody on slap youre gay because ive noticed all the people who say theyre gay never have a negative rep because that would be a hate crime
[close]

You're not funny, you're making a shitty joke that also isn't funny.
[close]

I don't think he's joking. I think he's just making an observation.

An accurate observation

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -88
« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2020, 05:26:57 PM »
My biggest point of advice to new skaters is practice simply riding the board more than anything. The more you know how to feel and control your board regardless of size or shape, the more comfortable and natural it will feel to try tricks. That’s why all these park kids look like ass doing the hardest tricks. More important to know how to ride and maneuver. Then the way you approach an obstacle or new take you have on it becomes the trick in and of itself.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2020, 05:31:14 PM »
Don’t buy shoes online that you’ve never skated or worn before. I have a lot of shoes that don’t really fit right due to sizing inconsistencie. Some just don’t work with my feet even when they’re the right size

A sad fact of life, one that I must still absorb.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2020, 05:35:06 PM »
My biggest point of advice to new skaters is practice simply riding the board more than anything. The more you know how to feel and control your board regardless of size or shape, the more comfortable and natural it will feel to try tricks. That’s why all these park kids look like ass doing the hardest tricks. More important to know how to ride and maneuver. Then the way you approach an obstacle or new take you have on it becomes the trick in and of itself.
I’ve been trying to tell this to people for years, but I think it’s easier said than done, especially with younger kids. Currently trying to teach it to my wife... she kinda gets it though as she did martial arts for so long and most martial arts promote the idea that you should be really really good at the basics.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2020, 07:28:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Guilty as charged. Bought a pair of adidas Busenits online for $25 a half size smaller than usual. Regretted the walk home since they are very pointy and I have wide feet. Sticking my hard orthopedic insoles in them for a couple of days to see if I can stretch them out.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Juanjo789

« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2020, 08:47:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Guilty as charged. Bought a pair of adidas Busenits online for $25 a half size smaller than usual. Regretted the walk home since they are very pointy and I have wide feet. Sticking my hard orthopedic insoles in them for a couple of days to see if I can stretch them out.
What I did with small shoes was putting on 3 pairs of socks and putting the shoes on and using a hair dryer. 1 minute each foot. 3-5 rounds. Worked like a charm. Got a 8.5 foot to work on a 7.5 shoe

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2020, 09:35:46 PM »
Don't forget to take a pee break.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2020, 04:43:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Put a ziplock bag in the shoe and fill it up it with water, then pop them in the freezer for a day or two. Works for me atleast.