Author Topic: Adam McNatt is an ATG!  (Read 5777 times)

Style Police

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
Re: Adam McNatt is an ATG!
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2018, 03:22:50 PM »
After 101 he was done. His Powell part was rad though.

the tranny monster

• Rep: -22
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2018, 01:28:19 PM »
Which one of these are you referring to?

ATG may refer to:

ATG, the triplet code for the amino acid methionine
Anti-thymocyte globulin, antibodies to prevent and treat transplant rejection
ATG Stores, an e-tail site
Antigua and Barbuda, using its ISO 3166-1 alpha-3 country code
Alexander the Great, king of Macedon, in northern Greece
Adhesive Transfer Gun, the formal name for a tape gun
Advanced Technology Group (Apple), a former division of Apple Computer
Advanced Technology Group (Novell), a former division of Novell
Aktiebolaget Trav och Galopp, the horse betting monopoly in Sweden
Alaska Territorial Guard, a military reserve force in World War II
Alternative Tourism Group, a Palestinian NGO
Ambassador Theatre Group, a theatre group in the UK
Ankara Tren Garı, a railway station in Ankara, Turkey used exclusively for high-speed rail.
Anti-tank gun, a mobile weapon used against armoured vehicles
Anti Tank Guitar, a string instrument
Art Technology Group, a software developer
Art Theatre Guild, a Japanese film production company
At the Gates, a melodic death metal band
Autophagy gene, gene coding for protein that facilitates autophagy (catabolic breakdown of unneeded or dysfunctional cellular constituents).
Aviation Technology Group, the defunct developer of the Javelin Very Light Jet (VLJ)
Auto-gating in night vision devices

Alibaba the Genie

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2018, 10:11:40 AM »
Page 2 and still no mention of the transworld interview where he kooked himself out of the industry?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 58
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2018, 02:32:20 PM »
Page 2 and still no mention of the transworld interview where he kooked himself out of the industry?
I have that in my collection, I'm readin it now.

-Right off the back it begins with him in a ninja outfit. (Little weird but OK)
-He's got a photo BMXing some dirt jumps. (This ain't no BMX magazine, cmon dude.)
-Claims everyone who don't skate in the industry anymore should be banned. (Gotta agree with him here)
-Ponders the question as to why CSG (Chris Senns Girlfriend) was judging a skateboard contest. (She don't skate)
-Did a 360flip to grind a box in his run (Battle of the Bay) got pissed he didn't win and said," I should've won     because I stayed on my skateboard and brought the technical advancement of skateboarding to a higher level to contests." (That's pretty kooky to say)
-Photo of the curved LA 5050 that Muska did first but Mcnatt knew that an brought up a bench to get on the rail with his Evol part comin out before Muskas. By the time this intervew came out he finally got the balls to go down the rail minus the bench. (Yeah, that's just lame)
-Explains how company owners barely pay skateboarders a living wage yet they're still makin money. (Isn't that still goin on?)
-Gets in a hissy fit how people like Jamie Thomas and Muska were superstars at the time. (It was there time to shine.)
-Says he doesn't like that people just skate one thing during these times and how Gonz was the first to skate everything proper. (This is true)
-Tells that he's almost a black belt but doesn't explain in what, just 'martial arts'. (Truly curious what he does)
-Says in 5 years it'll be 2001 and he'll be done by then stating that pretty soon serious shit's gonna go down between me and my friends who ride skateboards. (He was right on the nose on that one)
-Ends interview with the interviewers asking if he eats red meat. Mcnatt said," No but I eat beef jerky, that probably makes me a hypocrite... aren't we all hypocrites?" Perfect ending to a great interview 10/10)

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247

fongool

• Rep: 94
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2018, 03:00:54 PM »
I also remember some subliminal disses towards skaters who drove lowered Honda Civics & had gold teeth(Menace) as well as anyone who transplanted to California to chase a career in skateboarding.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 03:04:43 PM by fongool »

billyerlife

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2018, 07:51:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

-He's got a photo BMXing some dirt jumps. (This ain't no BMX magazine, cmon dude.)
-Claims everyone who don't skate in the industry anymore should be banned. (Gotta agree with him here)
-Ponders the question as to why CSG (Chris Senns Girlfriend) was judging a skateboard contest. (She don't skate)
-Did a 360flip to grind a box in his run (Battle of the Bay) got pissed he didn't win and said," I should've won     because I stayed on my skateboard and brought the technical advancement of skateboarding to a higher level to contests." (That's pretty kooky to say)
-Photo of the curved LA 5050 that Muska did first but Mcnatt knew that an brought up a bench to get on the rail with his Evol part comin out before Muskas. By the time this intervew came out he finally got the balls to go down the rail minus the bench. (Yeah, that's just lame)
-Explains how company owners barely pay skateboarders a living wage yet they're still makin money. (Isn't that still goin on?)
-Gets in a hissy fit how people like Jamie Thomas and Muska were superstars at the time. (It was there time to shine.)
-Says he doesn't like that people just skate one thing during these times and how Gonz was the first to skate everything proper. (This is true)
-Tells that he's almost a black belt but doesn't explain in what, just 'martial arts'. (Truly curious what he does)
-Says in 5 years it'll be 2001 and he'll be done by then stating that pretty soon serious shit's gonna go down between me and my friends who ride skateboards. (He was right on the nose on that one)
-Ends interview with the interviewers asking if he eats red meat. Mcnatt said," No but I eat beef jerky, that probably makes me a hypocrite... aren't we all hypocrites?" Perfect ending to a great interview 10/10)

Best interview in all of skateboarding.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2018, 08:57:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So, is the one I have in bold a thinly veiled dig at Natas? He's a former 101 rider and Natas quit, but as far as I know still ran 101, after a severe ankle injury. Because if its anybody else I'd agree,but if its Natas, fuck that shit, give that man his money.
Wasn't there also a part about telling kids who aren't from California not to come to California? He also said something like "big brother is for idiots, but only smart people realize that." I remember that, because a little after that, they interviewed him and directly asked him about it.

shark tits

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2018, 09:01:37 AM »
i believe the line was something to the effect of 'i got on that rail way before jamie thomas or muska came out here from the fucking midwest. and what about gonz? we;re all just stealing from him anyways.'
maybe i'm conflating but i believe he used 'midwest' as his incorrect geographic pejorative.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2018, 10:47:00 AM »
i believe the line was something to the effect of 'i got on that rail way before jamie thomas or muska came out here from the fucking midwest. and what about gonz? we;re all just stealing from him anyways.'
maybe i'm conflating but i believe he used 'midwest' as his incorrect geographic pejorative.
In California, every place that's not directly on the east coast is "the midwest" except for Chicago, which they always think is on the east coast for no particularly good reason